What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manga recommendations - post it here

Accelerator

Author
Ok. See title?

Mine?

Horimiya. Slice of life. Really, really nice. Quaint, soft.... a distinct lack of people being disembowelled and shot to death.

Lets put in a classic.

Ranma 1/2. The series introduced me to Manga and kept me there for a while and it certainly introduced me to fanfiction and SB...

Hour of the dead.

Zombies temporary become human every few hours. Drama

Kengan Asura then Kengan Omega

The best tournament series I have had the pleasure of reading so far. Style fights, great boys, good girls and smooth aesthetics. First one finished and sequel updates every thursday.

Negima.
Work through the initial fan service till the Kyoto Arc and you will find a better shonen series than Naruto.
Boku No Hero Academia
Best shonen series since Yu Yu Hakusho.
The author is a legit superhero fan and avoids any mistakes which usually kill such series.

My personal favourite is Sky High. It's interesting to see which of the three paths each person chooses. Izuko always pushes for the first choice, but often fails.
Another is Shut Hell. A boy from this time ends up in the body of a female soldier during the Mongol invasion - and the woman is so out of her mind with vengeance that Xenaverse Callisto and the Bride would back away from her.
The Exploding Girl and Miss Guillotine are interesting deconstructions of the magical girl genre.
Oh, and all of them feature massive amouts of violence.

Hinamatsuri!

hitomi-president.jpg

Come for the crazy humorous antics of three esper girls and unwilling Yakuza dad. Stay for Hitomi, the best accidental first-year high school girl CEO ever!

Recent ones I found:
Isshak = Japanese sniper mercenary in Europe during Thirty Years War. For fans of historical mangas. Quite good depiction of battles.

Pseudo Harem = story of a girl in drama club with a crush on his senpai. As his senpai like harem girl tropes, she jokes (and flirt) around with him by mimicking various harem archetypes. Full of adorbs.

Back
Top Bottom