What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Politics Mass freedoming: the one thread noone wants but everyone needs

You know what is the worst thing of all this? It doesn't come as a surprise at all.

It's no longer a matter of "if" it will happen again, but when.

And we know there won't be any reaction whatsoever from the US administration. The sheer idiocy of not enforcing stricter gun laws demonstrates that something, deep and far-reaching, is broken in American society as a whole. And there's no political willingness to change it.
z4kn7lq3qge31.png

Last edited:
They'll receive as much help and support as the country's greatest heroes, the veterans! Ask any vet' about the VA and you'll see how privileged the families and friends will soon feel.
As someone who has helped represent WWII veterans in their legal fights to get proper compensation for what the asbestos in the boiler rooms of their ships did to their lungs, I can safely say: fuck the VA.

And we know there won't be any reaction whatsoever from the US administration. The sheer idiocy of not enforcing stricter gun laws demonstrates that something, deep and far-reaching, is broken in American society as a whole. And there's no political willingness to change it.
As for the legislative part, that's caused by lobbying. NRA has a lot of power. And by now you cannot get rid of lobbying, the whole corrupt and predatory system depends on it. Corporations for power, politicians for money. I just hope we (EU) won't make the same mistake.

President Donald Trump is denouncing two mass shootings in Ohio and Texas, saying "hate has no place in our country."

Addressing reporters in Morristown, New Jersey, Trump said Sunday that "we're going to take care" of the problem. He says he's been speaking to the attorney general, FBI director and members of Congress and will be making an additional statement Monday.

Trump pointed to a mental illness problem in the U.S., calling the shooters "really very seriously mentally ill."

---

U.S., calling the shooters "really very seriously mentally ill."

"Eetz the mentally ill's fault"
"We gotta help them!"

*proceeds to do nothing*

President Donald Trump is denouncing two mass shootings in Ohio and Texas, saying "hate has no place in our country."

Addressing reporters in Morristown, New Jersey, Trump said Sunday that "we're going to take care" of the problem. He says he's been speaking to the attorney general, FBI director and members of Congress and will be making an additional statement Monday.

Trump pointed to a mental illness problem in the U.S., calling the shooters "really very seriously mentally ill."

---

Of course they were mentally ill: they were white. Now, if they had been brown, Muslim or Hispanic, they'd have been evil terrorists, duh.
As someone who has helped represent WWII veterans in their legal fights to get proper compensation for what the asbestos in the boiler rooms of their ships did to their lungs, I can safely say: fuck the VA.
Now, now, don't insult the legendary effectiveness of the VA:

After all, how could they reach the high score of 20 veteran suicide per day without hard work and dedication, hmm?

Why do I get the feeling that there will be an executive order to reopen old asylums and lobotomize anyone deemed mentally ill? And that there will be no psychologists involved, but an office or political flunkies deciding who is mentally ill. And that we will find out that a Trumpie supporter has bought up a large number of said asylums and will be granted obscene amounts of federal money to renovate the buildings.

Why do I have that feeling?

Why do I get the feeling that there will be an executive order to reopen old asylums and lobotomize anyone deemed mentally ill? And that there will be no psychologists involved, but an office or political flunkies deciding who is mentally ill. And that we will find out that a Trumpie supporter has bought up a large number of said asylums and will be granted obscene amounts of federal money to renovate the buildings.

So Trump wants to turn people into his supporters? O:

Penal psychiatry, yay! :D

Considering History, it's likely going to be sterilization.

Warning: plenty of edits in this here post.

Two mass shootings in one day.

Team Mitch (McTurtle): Cool, let's do this.

Yup. Can't be assed to do his job and work on bills to protect his constituents and the populace of his nation, but there is time to post gravestones of his political opponents. Even a bad joke like this can be an incitement to violence, morons.

Yes, technically it is his team doing it, but you don't just blame staffers for all your fuckups. Someone approved this shit.

Yes, Trumpie does not even know where the attacks were.

And remember this asshole?

Conservative CNN contributor Rick Santorum suggested on Sunday that Walmart shoppers in El Paso could have avoided being shot if they had been carrying guns.

During a CNN segment on the mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, Santorum argued that polls showing support for gun control were wrong.
"They go to soft targets," he said of mass shooters. "That's exactly right. The whole point is that when you restrict guns to law-abiding people, you make more soft targets."

Oh, and let's point out what state representatives have to say about mass shootings:

Nice to know how the GOP regulars feel about tragic deaths in mass shootings. Always need more guns, gun control is wrong, because... something something fake news no support. And it's because of those damn liberals and their tolerance of people we don't like and having bad policies, not the murderers who subscribe to our newsletters.

Last edited:
Looks like another one may have been headed off. A Trump Supporter with Alex Jones bumper stickers on his car was arrested in El Paso outside a pro-immigration activist center. He was carrying a gun, wearing rubber gloves to prevent fingerprints, and had a bag of currently unidentified white powder with him in the car. He's previously described himself as "an open carry kind of guy"

I feel like I am obligated to preface this by saying that I do not like guns and am fully in favor of very strict regulation. Complete illegality would be fine with me.

That said, if you were to eliminate 100% of guns, you would not solve the underlying issue, which is what the hell is causing people to want to do this. This didn't happen in any significant amount (Texas U shooter and a few others excepted) until the 1980s. What happened? That's the question that should be being asked. I don't have the answer.

Back
Top Bottom