What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Politics Mass freedoming: the one thread noone wants but everyone needs

This is a great idea Rufus, these are conversations we the american people need to be having.

I'd like to say more, but this thread does look like it could get heated so I'll just referee from the sidelines.

Eh why the shock? It's just another mass shooting in the US. Nothing that can be done about it. Let's all pray, god will know his own, JESUS will surely make certain it never happens again, Machine guns dont kill people people kill people- Have I covered all the cliches yet?

No wait there is more. More weapons are the solution not less! It is not a machine gun, it is an assault rifle! Learn the difference between semi automatic and full auto!

Eh fuck it. We will have the same song and dance a few says later. No need to get THAT worked up I guess.

Eh why the shock? It's just another mass shooting in the US. Nothing that can be done about it. Let's all pray, god will know his own, JESUS will surely make certain it never happens again, Machine guns dont kill people people kill people- Have I covered all the cliches yet?
You forgot to use the proper phraseology: Thoughts and prayers.

Thank God that was not the words we sung from the bottom of our hearts that dark day of January 2015.

Well, if edginess is allowed I might as well contribute.
b75.jpg

And (I'm not joking) the cop was close to retirement. Seriously, why is my country a bad movie?

The dead cop was 29 yo. Is that close to retirement in the US?
He was a cop for 29 years, not a 29 year old cop.

Also, name has been released for the shooter. Ian David Long, US Marine veteran.

This is why every law abiding responsible U.S citizen needs a gun. If this scum walked in there and everyone was armed, he would have been riddled with bullets.

This is why every law abiding responsible U.S citizen needs a gun. If this scum walked in there and everyone was armed, he would have been riddled with bullets.
There was an armed guard and 6 off duty cops with guns inside. He still killed 11 plus a cop, and seems to have offed himself.

The Onion now has the updated article for this specific mass freedoming: https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1830308976
THOUSAND OAKS, CA—In the hours following a violent rampage in California in which a lone attacker killed 12 individuals, including a police officer, and seriously injured at least 12 others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Thursday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. "This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them," said Kansas resident Carrie Grant, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world's deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. "It's a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn't anything that was going to keep this individual from snapping and killing a lot of people if that's what they really wanted." At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as "helpless."
The link in the OP referred to another mass freedoming.

I can't believe all the people VIRTUE SIGNALING in this thread. Like I never personally knew them and therefore feel no empathy for what happened, in fact I only feel empathy for people I personally know and who personally benefit me. Like if I were a slave trader I would feel no guilt becasue I woulden't personally know the slavs. Tragedies happen in countries like the USA every day and I am therefore emotionally habituated to this. Also haven't you heard that after Vietnam people abused the veteran ethnicity? The civilian ethnicity isn't perfectly innocent you know. Why are people in this thread so offended by the fact that I'm not sad about this. You can only feel sad about this is you personally did something to prevent this, I feel no respect for people who talk about this issue if they don't personally stand around with a gun to stop mass shooters. Why can people be non-emotional and rational like me and give no moral value to residents of shithole countries like the USA. Wow you guys are such emotional snowflakes, this is the attitude that led to things like the Iraq war which we invaded for purely humanitarian reasons. It's obviously totally pointless to improve peoples lives because actions can sometimes have unintended consequences which are sometimes bad.

I can't believe all the people VIRTUE SIGNALING in this thread. Like I never personally knew them and therefore feel no empathy for what happened, in fact I only feel empathy for people I personally know and who personally benefit me. Like if I were a slave trader I would feel no guilt becasue I woulden't personally know the slavs. Tragedies happen in countries like the USA every day and I am therefore emotionally habituated to this. Also haven't you heard that after Vietnam people abused the veteran ethnicity? The civilian ethnicity isn't perfectly innocent you know. Why are people in this thread so offended by the fact that I'm not sad about this. You can only feel sad about this is you personally did something to prevent this, I feel no respect for people who talk about this issue if they don't personally stand around with a gun to stop mass shooters. Why can people be non-emotional and rational like me and give no moral value to residents of shithole countries like the USA. Wow you guys are such emotional snowflakes, this is the attitude that led to things like the Iraq war which we invaded for purely humanitarian reasons. It's obviously totally pointless to improve peoples lives because actions can sometimes have unintended consequences which are sometimes bad.
EDGE DETECTED. PREPARE TO BE SMOOTHED OUT.

Also calling the USA a shithole? Really?????? Tell that to people who risk life and limb to get here rather than stay in the REAL shithole countries in the world. Lolololo claiming to be "unemotional" and yet you post a angry rant filled to the brim to the edge. Also this screams of. "Oh look at me, im soooo intelluctually superior by saying i have no empathy and no having no compassion OBVIOUSLY means my IQ is higher right?"

8/10, pretty nice trolling. I praise the real effort.

The biggest thing about the US is that psychology is almost as bad in terms of cultural baggage as Japan. Just let that settle in for a second. If we Americans didn't shun psychology so much, we wouldn't be in this much of a mess. I say this as a person who went to a mental hospital after his parents had a nasty divorce.

Back
Top Bottom