What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masters of the Universe: Revelation

Alias

I'm looking forward to this. Looks good.

It does look good. I am only worried about review bombs by the toxic fanbase that is She-Ra reboot stans.

There is naturally going to be comparisons, since the original He-Man and She-Ra were cousins, and ostensibly in the same universe (even if there were few crossovers). Unfortunately, even now there is shrieking when people see this trailer and says it looks good, moreso than the She-Ra reboot that just wasn't their thing. Cue the tirades about how She-Ra was perfect in every single way, and that anyone who says otherwise was everything-phobic and only looking for pretty girl pictures to masturbate with, and so on, and so forth.

Again, I am wishing this series the best. It already has a vocal opposition from what I have seen.

Oh hell yes!

*Excuse dugong as he tries to calm himself down*

I love that they chose to keep the 80s aesthatics while adding more action-packed sequences...it seems to be a promising reboot.

Dugong approves!

There's persistent rumours going on about how the trailer is a deliberate mislead, and how most of it is just a flashback before focusing entirely on Teela and Evil-Lynn who now is good-ish(and would not be shocked again falling in love with the female hero) due to an apocalypse inadvertly caused by He-Man and the Masters of the Universe need to find him and talk him back into fixing things ala Last Jedi with him only having a supporting role.

Yea I mean all dem Superheros that had women take up the mantle of the trad male heros?

Ok it was interesting fam.

She-ra shown as an actual 17 year old instead of a 17 year old in the body of a 25 year old stripper with a boob job?

Sure enough very good, please give me more.

But please give me original He-Man and Orko and the rest of the gang facing off against Skeletor, not fucking He-man:The Teela chronicles.

Last edited:
It's Mark Hamill as Skeletor. That's reason enough to watch. (A lot of places are saying that he was planning to retire from voice work but loved the idea of playing Skeletor so much he took it anyway)

I´ve watched the series...
While the graphical quality is really good, the story itself, lacks IMHO.

I won´t go into details here, but this show, at least as for me, isn´t much into He-Man, but more into Teela.

Choosing Mark Hamil for the Voice Role of Skeletor was a real good choice.

Leaving us with a Cliffhanger, was IMHO a D*ck Move.

So I watched it. It's enjoyable but that's about it. Not much to it storywise. Liked Teela buddy more than her. The character development for some characters was nice. Also I really hate Netflix releasing stuff in parts.

*Shrug*

The bait and switch marketing strategy and the resulting shit flinging war certainly soured the experience for many.

Objectively it was ok.

Is an SJW piece of crap.
He-Man is killed in the first episode and Adam is killed (again) in the last one.
Is really a show about Teela.
That his a narcissistic, OP, cry-baby, Mary Sue.
Don't even miss the mandatory lesbian black lover.
All the white males are idiots that pass the time apologizing for everything / been incompetent.
Other than that - the graphics are top and the voices very good.

And yes, I see it - wasting my time. The 2002 show (and the 80's one) is/are way better.

All I can say is that Orko went out like a fucking boss.

Is an SJW piece of crap.
He-Man is killed in the first episode and Adam is killed (again) in the last one.
Is really a show about Teela.
That his a narcissistic, OP, cry-baby, Mary Sue.
Don't even miss the mandatory lesbian black lover.
All the white males are idiots that pass the time apologizing for everything / been incompetent.
Other than that - the graphics are top and the voices very good.

And yes, I see it - wasting my time. The 2002 show (and the 80's one) is/are way better.
To jump in here from the other thread the issue is that they can't seem to decide whether Teela is a standard always angry male 80s action hero with no ability to emote or if they want her to be a sympathetic character working through her issues and her love for Adam. If they'd gone balls deep in either direction it would be better, Teela as Female Doom Slayer would have been an interesting take, particularly as a reaction to Adam's death.

But by half assing it, they failed.

I actually think they did a good job with all rhe characters other than her. Evilyn worked much better for example. And holy fuck, Orko became both sympathetic and badass despite me hating the character as a child.

And because Teela feels unfinished, I don't know if it's a problem with writing, direction, or voice acting. It could be any or all.

Oh god, another sequel? And one deliberately made to attract negative publicity to boot.

At best this is worth ridicule. At worst a boycott. Marketing strategies meant to cause discord within fandom and attract the basement dwellers to screech and moan in our ears for months should be discouraged.

The story, by itself, should only be judged once it's over. But so far....this is no MLP.

What is odd is that there is such a divide between reviewers and watchers.

I can sort of see what the reviewers are excited about, because characters other than just He-Man have a chance to be in the spotlight. The concept of "an Eternia without He-Man/Castle Grayskull/magic" is interesting. They almost succeeded except for three things:
  1. Netflix made a trailer where it looked like He-Man was going to be front and center, with everyone else have their chance to be awesome. Then they killed off He-Man, made Duncan a scared pussy, and gave us The Teela Show.
  2. They also made Teela pretty unlikable by the end of the first episode ("Wah! Wah! Wah! I deserved to know the secret identity that even Adam's own father was unaware of!"), and never really had her recover. She does some badass things, but then we have to witness her personality again.
  3. It wasn't long enough. The king and queen get written out completely, and there are a few lines about how magic is gone and things have all gone to shit. But other than the one cyber-cult and a fight over a cup of magic-infused water we don't really see how things are all that bad other than everyone moping about. For a show that is about flipping the script, they sort of forgot to make a new script.
Which leads to the hilarious results of Kevin Smith getting pissy because everyone should love his mediocre project. Sure, a lot of the negative reviews are from the incel cunts who hate everything made with a female lead, but a lot of He-Man fans have not liked getting slapped in the face repeatedly with "this is your hero now, and you better love her, also she is written to be pretty unlikable".

It wasn't entirely Smith's fault that Netflix made a trailer hyping the dead guy, leading to inevitable feelings of betrayal by the fan base, but dedicating half to show to "I am a horrible person because I have aaaaaaangst" was not a winning move. The reviewers got this one wrong. It is not very good at all.

Last edited:
What is odd is that there is such a divide between reviewers and watchers.

I can sort of see what the reviewers are excited about, because other characters other than just He-Man have a chance to be in the spotlight. The concept of "an Eternia without He-Man/Castle Grayskull/magic" is interesting. They almost succeeded except for three things:
  1. Netflix made a trailer where it looked like He-Man was going to be front and center, with everyone else have their chance to be awesome. Then they killed off He-Man, made Duncan a scared pussy, and gave us The Teela Show.
  2. They also made Teela pretty unlikable by the end of the first episode ("Wah! Wah! Wah! I deserved to know the secret identity that even Adam's own father was unaware of!"), and never really had her recover. She does some badass things, but then we have to witness her personality again.
  3. It wasn't long enough. The king and queen get written out completely, and there are a few lines about how magic is gone and things have all gone to shit. But other than the one cyber-cult and a fight over a cup of magic-infused water we don't really see how things are all that bad other than everyone moping about. For a show that is about flipping the script, they sort of forgot to make a new script.
Which leads to the hilarious results of Kevin Smith getting pissy because everyone should love his mediocre project. Sure, a lot of the negative reviews are from the incel cunts who hate everything made with a female lead, but a lot of He-Man fans have not liked getting slapped in the face repeatedly with "this is your hero now, and you better love her, also she is written to be pretty unlikable".

It wasn't entirely Smith's fault that Netflix made a trailer hyping the dead guy, leading to inevitable feelings of betrayal by the fan base, but dedicating half to show to "I am a horrible person because I have aaaaaaangst" was not a winning move. The reviewers got this one wrong. It is not very good at all.
As expected from a sequel made out of sheer greed rather than artistic vision.

As I said, MLP it ain't.

As expected from a sequel made out of sheer greed rather than artistic vision.

As I said, MLP it ain't.
It's not really a sequel, as we have no idea how, if at all, it's connected to any of the 3 prior continuities (original cartoon, movie, good remake from a few years ago)

It's not really a sequel, as we have no idea how, if at all, it's connected to any of the 3 prior continuities (original cartoon, movie, good remake from a few years ago)
Yes, pardon, I meant reboot. Hence why I invoked MLP.

These money hungry executives need to be put in their place before they scrounge up more old franchises.

Netflix say it's a sequel to the original cartoon though after watching Revelations I would say they don't share a continuity with the original cartoon or anything else.

The initial toon was a fairly slapstick overlong toy commercial with mandatory ethical messages.

They tried to turn THAT to some sort of grimderp thingymabob with predictable result.

Back
Top Bottom