What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most controversial or unpopular political/economic/social opinions?

prison reform
Drug war
Climate change
Civil rights
Gun control
Healthcare
Pollution
Education
Net neutrality
Prisions are fine
Drug war is fine
Climate change has happened before, and it's simply happening again
Civil rights are fine
This a FREEDOM you aint taking my guns
The LWO is falling apart.
Thats the sound of us WINNING!

Prisions are fine
Drug war is fine
Climate change has happened before, and it's simply happening again
Civil rights are fine
This a FREEDOM you aint taking my guns
The LWO is falling apart.
Thats the sound of us WINNING!

And even in Europe the multicultural paradise of social democracy according to white progressives, there have been growing austerity policies and a few refugee spikes (which will be nothing compared to the climate fuelled refugee crises to come) led to a return of the far right.

Without us alongside, you'll get crushed by Her Majesty's corgis. Do you really want to spend years eating food from a British POW camp?
At least the French POW camps would have decent food

Social, economic, and environmental justice cannot be attained democratically if there are powerful influences or a populace that oppose it, only through force.
Hence why I proposed the political and economic equalization, because allowing the intense consolidation of the urban is setting up conditions for shitshows. In scenarios like these, being authoritarian and forcing change is the only acceptable and obtainable option. The reason I now support political and economic equalization is multi-fold but a lot of it is due to the fact that in many places Machiavelli is right in politics, that the ultra-rich is too entrenched and is only going to get more entrenched by consolidating political and economic power in mega-cities, and the likelihood of political-charged violence skyrockets as people get literally left behind to die because they are useless...

Hence why I proposed the political and economic equalization, because allowing the intense consolidation of the urban is setting up conditions for shitshows. In scenarios like these, being authoritarian and forcing change is the only acceptable and obtainable option. The reason I now support political and economic equalization is multi-fold but a lot of it is due to the fact that in many places Machiavelli is right in politics, that the ultra-rich is too entrenched and is only going to get more entrenched by consolidating political and economic power in mega-cities, and the likelihood of political-charged violence skyrockets as people get literally left behind to die because they are useless...
Or, you know, maybe there are other ways of having a society work. Sane ways that do not involve nonsensical authoritarian shit.

I have no idea what that means.

Tea blockade, unconditional surrender.
The Fourth International Posadist is a Trotskyist international. It was founded in 1962 by J. Posadas, who had been the leader of the Latin America Bureau of the Fourth Internationalin the 1950s, and of the Fourth International's section in Argentina. Between their split from the International Secretariat of the Fourth International in 1962 and Posadas' death in 1981, Posadists developed a strain of communism that included several fringe ideas, which brought them into conflict with more mainstream left-wing groups.

Posadism is probably best remembered today for their enthusiasm towards nuclear war as a way of destroying capitalism[1] and their attempt to introduce elements of Ufology into Marxist thought.[2] Arguing that only communism can allow the development of interplanetary travel, they concluded that visiting aliens from other planets must live in highly advanced communist societies and are bound to help Earth-based communists with bringing about the world revolution.[3][4]
[\quote]

As far my controversial opinions the only things that stick out to me that aren't just standered liberal talking points like M4A or a 15$ minimum. Are the following.

>Don't infringe upon my gun rights.
>Nationalize the Oil Companies.
>Abolish the Stock Market.

It's honestly pretty difficult to find someone to the left of me who isn't a Marxist, and while I do think Marx made some very valid and definitely at the time eye opening criticisms of capitalism in a very well written book that I think more people should read, he doesn't present a path forward that satisfies me.

Also while it may not seem like it, my philosophy has a lot of post modern roots that preclude me from beliving in any sort of predestined historical narrative. Even if at times I may come across as more philosophically conservative.

Any of you like vegetables like corn and beans on non-savory sweet foods like ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom