What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRA discussions with One Nation, or how the American Right is trying to corrupt other western nations.

Given that you keep spouting idiocy and act as if your philosophical beliefs are objective truths, you are worth than an uneducated idiot: you are a communist.
Everyone believes that. Even subjective postmodernists who declare everything is subjective believe that it is objectively true that everything is subjective. You cant even begin to debate ideas without a belief that these ideas are right.

Everyone believes that. Even subjective postmodernists who declare everything is subjective believe that it is objectively true that everything is subjective. You cant even begin to debate ideas without a belief that these ideas are right.
Oh, no. Just people with no proper education miss the difference between knowledge and belief. But then it's a big part of scientific research and cartesianism, and I doubt you know anything about the History of Science.

They are clearly already getting a wakeup call if they are rebuilding their economic infrastructure given that Canadas emissions mean fuck all in the face of China and India and those jobs they will give might be nice so you dont end up with methed out Appalachia like the US.
Again, you know nothing.

Job losses for Alberta have come from a depressed price on oil. A new government won't suddenly make oil prices jump. Meanwhile, in Ontario, the Ford government is spending billions to save millions, jobs are being lost, and when GM came in with massive cuts (due to retarded Trump tariffs) there was nothing that could be done.

Each time another right-wing party gets elected in a Canadian province, thing literally get systematically worse for everyone except for some corporate execs. There is no rebuilding of economic infrastructure, just more pillaging and blaming it all on the left wing parties that never have enough time in control to rectify decades of mismanagement.

Sweet dodge. Am I objectively wrong? Do you believe that natural law is objectively wrong?
BEEEEEEP. You are still trying to reverse the burden of proof because you are a communist authoritarian who hates democracy and wants to impose his beliefs on everyone else like an islamist.

I think what we're seeing here is the case that we're mixing up a very subjective concept, natural law and trying to apply empiricism to it, which just seems kinda silly? Probably need to shift focus of the discussion at this point or we'll be going around in circles until the thread gets locked.

Dodging a question is still dodging a question. Is natural law objectively wrong?
You keep dodging my question by asking another question in bad faith to reverse the burden of proof. Do not demand to impose your political beliefs on others if you cannot justify it objectively.
I think what we're seeing here is the case that we're mixing up a very subjective concept, natural law and trying to apply empiricism to it, which just seems kinda silly? Probably need to shift focus of the discussion at this point or we'll be going around in circles until the thread gets locked.
He wants to impose his beliefs on others against said others' opinion and refuses to justify it, rather reversing the burden of proof.

He wants to impose his beliefs on others against said others' opinion and refuses to justify it, rather reversing the burden of proof.
I think his original statement was that he believed it was going to happen via the Democratic process.

All I'm trying to point out is that people believe in things objectively even if that belief is that everything is subjective and that's not imposing anything to debate a point.

All I'm trying to point out is that people believe in things objectively even if that belief is that everything is subjective and that's not imposing anything to debate a point.
You claim that the right to own guns is a natural and universal right. Yet when asked to prove it objectively, you refuse to do so. Do you concede that your vision of the rights to own guns is subjective? If you think it is objective, experimental proof is needed, on the level of, say, the Theory of Evolution or maybe electromagnetism.

Rufus, DeadonArrival, please take this discussion to a PM if you two wish to keep debating it.

Given what The Family pulled in Uganda, this is hardly surprising.

Probably, the NRA got tired of people pointing to Australia as a perfect example of gun laws that work. Ahhh, it's so fun that the NRA is owned by the manufacturers.
Nobody wants gun control regardless of whether it "works" or not. And with No Knock raids on the wrong houses, the ATF's practices of canine murder passing down to the local Sheriffs, Antifa transitioning into useless domestic terrorism(come on guys, go smash some automated check out machines and order takers at restaurants or something), some of the worst fears are coming true before peoples very eyes in unexpected ways.

Unless you beleive American Law Enforcement Agencies will improve on their behavior and respect for the constitution with gun control, and will suddenly be better and more decent at their, then I don't see a point.

Oh and the Florida shooting where the cops refused to go in the building out of cowardice. So theres that....

Statement: police shootings are a direct result of America's toxic gun culture, it'd likely be in everyone's best interest to disarm the majority of cops, like the Brits or ala Barney Fife

followup statement: the pro gun folks want to be the only one with guns as they think that makes them strong, so let them, and watch them push for a blanket ban when cops move to ambush take downs with marksman to drop anyone starting shit with a gun. Basically first responders, just like staff in a prison should not be armed. When we know what the hell is happening, then people who's only job, just like a gun is to kill, do what they're paid for

thoughts? pros. cons?

Back
Top Bottom