What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

So I have been watching a bit of this and a mix of poor filming, shitty effects, even shittier action scenes and the hilarious dissonance between the abilities of Movies Kenobi and the incompetent moron shown here really turned me off.

So I have been watching a bit of this and a mix of poor filming, shitty effects, even shittier action scenes and the hilarious dissonance between the abilities of Movies Kenobi and the incompetent moron shown here really turned me off.

Yeah, really don't know why so many on SB are defending making Obi-Wan look like a total amateur who's never been in a war, alone was a Jedi Master who was third strongest in the entire Order after Yoda and Windu.

Yeah, really don't know why so many on SB are defending making Obi-Wan look like a total amateur who's never been in a war, alone was a Jedi Master who was third strongest in the entire Order after Yoda and Windu.
I guess cheapo producers half assing the production and editing is totally due to Kenobi being depressed.

Kinda strange we hadn't heard a peep from Ewan Mcgregor about his character. I guess Mark Hamill is the only one who really gives a shit about SW, huh?

Ok I actually just learned that this is just a 6-parter and the finale airs today and wow, yeah I can't defend this show. I thought this whole thing is just an early arc, like Kenobi will get his grooves back and we'll get more comfortable with Reva, but no this all there is.

So yeah they trashed Obi Wan, Reva is pointless, the story is a pointless as there's zero long term***, just nonsense.

* I guess the original idea was to show how Leia became a badass princess who can hold a blaster, resist torture, and make bald-faced lie to space SS. But the fact that baby Leia is already all that since start and the whole thing is a just a grand day out for her. Which means that this spin off is still absolutely inconsequential to everything else.
** I think they "killed" off the Grand Inquisitor specifically to stir up Rebels fans and draw publicity to this wet tissue.

Also, is it just me or they made it look like that the Imperial defector woman is in love with the droid?
Screenshot 2022-06-21 191304.jpg Screenshot 2022-06-21 191739.jpg

And the fake jedi guy played by the guy who played Kingo is an interesting character with potential, which made the fact that he's just a random throwaway extra worse.

Last edited:
Ah yes....the droid/human pairing. I thought we left this behind with Lando 'stick my appendages into any socket' Calrissian and L337. Feh, as if you could be elite just because it's your designation, droid scum.

Yay for LGBQT+ 1,000,000 other letters.

Last edited:
Ah yes....the droid/human pairing. I thought we left this behind with Lando 'stick my appendages into any socket' Calrissian and L337. Feh, as if you could be elite just because it's your designation, droid scum.

Yay for LGBQT+ 1,000,000 other letter.

Eh tbh pairings or orientation or the color of the actors has nothing to do with the quality or lack of the series.

On the contrary criticism about the fighting sequences being shit or the crappy editing or lack of dialogues or any of the other issues it has can and have partially been burried under screetches of bigotry or gamergate or...

So it would be best to keep criticism strictly on such issues when they truly exist than fall to the tribalism trap.

From what I have seen Disney has already raised the bigotry shields to defend the undefensible.

Eh tbh pairings or orientation or the color of the actors has nothing to do with the quality or lack of the series.

On the contrary criticism about the fighting sequences being shit or the crappy editing or lack of dialogues or any of the other issues it has can and have partially been burried under screetches of bigotry or gamergate or...

So it would be best to keep criticism strictly on such issues when they truly exist than fall to the tribalism trap.

From what I have seen Disney has already raised the bigotry shields to defend the undefensible.

It's not a problem with me, it's just the execution is fucking moronic. Not to mention by adding that scene gives Disney reason to 'raise the bigotry shield' as you said it. Very sneaky, very dishonest of them because now constructive criticism is swept underneath the 'you disagree so you're a bigot' argument.

Last edited:

It usually actually is. As it´s clumsily shoehorned in and done for the sake of brownie points rather then actually writing a good say characters that are Asian, gay or whatever. Also doesn´t help that usually such characters looked like they´re casting was an afterthought. Then of course blunt agenda´s in movies ,...not a new thing, In the 70´s decade, movies done it in spades but did it with fairly subtle, well written and directed. And frankly it helped that the massages weren't from a bizzaro clown world.

Last edited:
huh?
really...

ok, I am not finishing this show. It took up too much of my time already.

Ugh.

To be absolutely fair the story is not terrible.

Bland and unimaginative and shitting all over established canon but it is passable.

It is just that is has far too many moments that remind you that yes it is an el cheapo series with all that entails in quality

Ugh.

To be absolutely fair the story is not terrible.

Bland and unimaginative and shitting all over established canon but it is passable.

It is just that is has far too many moments that remind you that yes it is an el cheapo series with all that entails in quality
It is not about the story, it is about terrible execution. (I do have issues with that as well)
It looks like they do everything in one take.
The editing is terrible, in one scene Obi-Wan is on the roof using the force to stop Leia's fall, and the next he is on street level with her.

Let's put it this way. If it is an el cheapo TV series, then it should be compared to Xena the Warrior Princess, or Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
This thing does not compare favorably to those two.

The damning thing is that it is not cheap. The damning thing is that the people making it do not care for what they are making.

There isn't much of a story and what there is frankly if someone said it was written by a autistic redditor I would believe it.

Back
Top Bottom