What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only black reporters allowed in Georgia mayoral race event

I thought the US believed in the seperation of the state and church. Why would you want any church or freaking cleric holding political power? Go look at Iran or Saudi Arabia if you want to see what happens when organized religion gets hold of direct political power, @Vashon.

I thought the US believed in the seperation of the state and church. Why would you want any church or freaking cleric holding political power? Go look at Iran or Saudi Arabia if you want to see what happens when organized religion gets hold of direct political power, @Vashon.
It was meant the other way around, keeping the state out of the churches.

It was meant the other way around, keeping the state out of the churches.
Silly, silly, silly. It must go both ways for proper stability and for the sake of churches themselves: if you cannot achieve much power through religion, less ambitious assholes will join the orders, leaving room for more faithful people.

Plus, you know, churches that get a finger in political power tend to grab an arm.

Now now, that's not all Republicans..... some are terrified of the pussy as can be told by their repeated attempts to legislate it.
They have to grab the pussy so that they can jail it and make sure that children are born, no matter whether the child comes from rape, incest, or has a life-threatening condition for child or mother. Then those children can go die in a ditch or something, maybe an ICE camp.

It was a double meaning, with the abortion issue and the fake religious morality that allows an orange adulterer/liar/fraudster/sexual assaulter to be an acceptable;e candidate.

I usually don't get into politics but I have this to say: You want to fight centuries of discrimination by discriminating? I want to leave a quote from MLK that my family and I use to have on our refrigerator:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

Silly, silly, silly. It must go both ways for proper stability and for the sake of churches themselves: if you cannot achieve much power through religion, less ambitious assholes will join the orders, leaving room for more faithful people.

Plus, you know, churches that get a finger in political power tend to grab an arm.
I don't think you quite understand how non-Papists churches work.

I don't think you quite understand how non-Papists churches work.
They build megachurches and accumulate massive amount of money, push for their beliefs to be taught in schools, for their beliefs to be imposed to women when it comes to abortion, for their beliefs to be imposed to other countries, influencing foreign policy towards Africa. The religious sphere in the US has a disproportionate influence considering it's supposed to be separate from the government.

I personally prefer Pimp Jesus. Though of course the ethical reformed version
We don't talk about Old Cane Pimp Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom