What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prey

Lerticus

Senile Old Coot
☭ Communism ☭

I bet the warrior woman wins, and in return the Predator's people give her a warriors gift of beads, blankets, and smallpox.

Though she really shouldn't win. Even if the laser targeting is on a pebble launcher instead of a plasma cannon, there is a bit too much of a gap in technology.

Too much underdog to be belivable, unless the Predator is the collects the weapons of fallen prey so they could be temembered type like in Predator 2.

Already underwhelmed

Saw a supposedly spoiler recap on IMDB that details the entire movie and if true I'd be let down for them going that route.

Basically the girl uses a flintlock pistol to shoot the helmet off the Predator, grabs it and than uses the automated defense function that was introduced in the 2018 movie when someone threw a beer can at the kid wearing the mask and it blew up their house, to kill the Pred when it fires a weapon at her so the mask fires back and kills it.

Like for real? Why would you want to remind people of the movie that everyone hated only slightly less than AVP2?

Feel like I'm going insane, everyone in the world seems to praise what is a shit movie.

Also @Rufus Shinra you're gonna love a modern movie depicting French people as evil Orcs who are infinite in number and even the sole nice one gets treated horribly by the hero.

Feel like I'm going insane, everyone in the world seems to praise what is a shit movie.
Me literally every time a bunch of dumbasses eat up whatever shit the studio crapped out lately

Apparently, reviews — even user reviews — are pretty positive it's enjoyable.

Who knows.

Like it's not the worst, that still goes to 2018 and AVP2, but it's insane how this is getting so many positive raving reviews when there are so many problems that make it a 7/10 at most.

Like the fact it takes an hour before any action begins, and first half is just endless scenes of Naruto going "I am hunter!" and the tribe going "You are not hunter, you are woman!". There's even a 5-minute scene where she walks into a bog and has to drag herself out in the most impractical way. And I cringed when a scene where she fails to take down a mountain lion to show how she's not as great a hunter as she thinks she, than later comes back with the person who actually killed it saying 'No you injured it so I could take it down, you're the coolest and I stole your credit!"

Also no tension with the Pred when he constantly shows up to kill a random animal, like are we supposed to be impressed it kills a snake and a single wolf though the bear fight was kind of neat. But than the Pred struggles with two Commanche warriors in a sudden bout of melee combat, while easily slaughtering his way through dozens of Frenchmen who actually prepared for him but because they are French they must die pathetically.

Or the magic herb that instant lowers your body temperature to be cold enough to become invisible for the Pred down to able to just stick a gun to his head without him reacting, that seems unhealthy and debilitating as hell because mud isn't good enough.

Like it's not the worst, that still goes to 2018 and AVP2, but it's insane how this is getting so many positive raving reviews when there are so many problems that make it a 7/10 at most.

Like the fact it takes an hour before any action begins, and first half is just endless scenes of Naruto going "I am hunter!" and the tribe going "You are not hunter, you are woman!". There's even a 5-minute scene where she walks into a bog and has to drag herself out in the most impractical way. And I cringed when a scene where she fails to take down a mountain lion to show how she's not as great a hunter as she thinks she, than later comes back with the person who actually killed it saying 'No you injured it so I could take it down, you're the coolest and I stole your credit!"

Also no tension with the Pred when he constantly shows up to kill a random animal, like are we supposed to be impressed it kills a snake and a single wolf though the bear fight was kind of neat. But than the Pred struggles with two Commanche warriors in a sudden bout of melee combat, while easily slaughtering his way through dozens of Frenchmen who actually prepared for him but because they are French they must die pathetically.

Or the magic herb that instant lowers your body temperature to be cold enough to become invisible for the Pred down to able to just stick a gun to his head without him reacting, that seems unhealthy and debilitating as hell because mud isn't good enough.
I hear you but think it in a different way: besides Predator 1 and 2, the rest were, rather or total, shitty movies (including AVP and AVP: Requiem). So this is an improvement.

Certainly, one of the problems lies in the fact that, contrary to the first Predator movie — a very skilled alien hunter with his own weaknesses which Dutch used to survive in his fights — Yautjas were shown to become more and more powerful, resistant, capable of killing numerous enemies even without using their stealth tech and using a larger range of weapons in the latter installments.... And I don't think mankind could 'realistically' win such a fight. And that creates BS like what we've seen in the last 10 years or what you're referring to (and apparently, the Predator in this movie is an unexperienced and impulsive one, yet it is shown to kill pretty much everything and everyone).

I think they should revert to less powerful Yautjas, otherwise this will happen again and again. But that doesn't explain the girl learning this quickly even though they show her observe the Predator's hunting techniques and weaponry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom