What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding Star Citizen....

Aetherius

Author
Ok, i was wondering if you guy could give me a answer to this little question....

So, as some of you might know, i´m playing Star Citizen, as already mention in some other Threads.

As i was upgrading my ship to a new and bigger version, i was logging in, only to realise that i have now two ships....

The first ship in the list, and my main ship in this game, is a Freelancer Max. Think about it as a Multicrew/Transport/Freighter Ship.
Big enough, to handle all my mining equipment.

The next ship in the list, is a Anvil Arrow. A small one-manned Fighter.
Now this ship is the one, i neither bought nor rented. It just appeared in my ships list.

The question here is: Why ??
Why i´m now the owner of this ship ?

I don't know.

Maybe communism won out, and a surplus of fighters were distributed among those with the greatest need? You being one of those with a need for pew-pew-pew?

I don't know.

Maybe communism won out, and a surplus of fighters were distributed among those with the greatest need? You being one of those with a need for pew-pew-pew?

Heck no....
I rather do mining or doing Search and Rescue Jobs in the Game.
As for pew pew, i rather spend my hard earned cash on better mining gear instead on bigger guns.
However i do have a Laser Rifle and a Laser Pistol, wich i use for self-defense against players who try to rob me of my farmed ore.

Heck no....
I rather do mining or doing Search and Rescue Jobs in the Game.
As for pew pew, i rather spend my hard earned cash on better mining gear instead on bigger guns.
However i do have a Laser Rifle and a Laser Pistol, wich i use for self-defense against players who try to rob me of my farmed ore.
I didn't say you wanted a fighter. I said that you probably need one, so Space Comrade yeeted one to you.

I didn't say you wanted a fighter. I said that you probably need one, so Space Comrade yeeted one to you.

To be honest ??
I really dunno...
On one side it is nice to have a aditional ship, on the other side, the Arrow does suck.....
So, if "Space Comrade" yeeted one to me, why not a proper one...
To give you a real world comparison, "Space Comrade" gave you a F-16 instead of a F-35, or to use Russian Jets; a YAK-130 instead of a SU-35....

To be honest ??
I really dunno...
On one side it is nice to have a aditional ship, on the other side, the Arrow does suck.....
So, if "Space Comrade" yeeted one to me, why not a proper one...
To give you a real world comparison, "Space Comrade" gave you a F-16 instead of a F-35, or to use Russian Jets; a YAK-130 instead of a SU-35....
I told you. There was surplus in digital spaceship storage lot. They clear inventory.

You think that just because ZIL exists all citizens would get luxury vehicle? No, there are many more Ladas to be allocated. If you gain prestigious role in politburo you get ZIL.

Work hard for all, comrade. Greater ships will flow to you as you prove your worth.

I told you. There was surplus in digital spaceship storage lot. They clear inventory.

You think that just because ZIL exists all citizens would get luxury vehicle? No, there are many more Ladas to be allocated. If you gain prestigious role in politburo you get ZIL.

Work hard for all, comrade. Greater ships will flow to you as you prove your worth.

Your comparison is incorrect...
You get a Moskvich instead of Lada.

For the first example you gave, that should make you really happy, since you would have been favoured by Space Comrade.

Oh come on....
Have you seen a YAK-130 ???

Update:
Ok, i found out why i´m now the owner of such a a ship...

It seems CIG doesnt regard the Freelancer Max a worthy Combat Ship, so they gave everyone who own such a ship, a Anvil Arrow.
Despite having a armed ship aka Freelancer Max (heck, this ship has even a Turret), they don´t regard it due to it´s quite bad manouvering ability.
As for the Arrow, they gave it to the player, who want to play arena commader (a sort of PVP), but, you can use the ship also in the persistent universe.

I wonder what will happen if i buy myself a Prospector (Mining Ship)....

TODAY SHACKS ARE TOMMORROW'S MANSIONS COMERADE!
HARD WORK PAYS WELL!
GET TO WORK! THESE ASTEROIDS WON'T MINE THEMSELVES!

Cannot do it at the moment....
The latest Windows patch reduced the Framerate of the Game to 2 FPS.
Before that i had a very decent framerate of around 60 FPS, but now...
F*CK YOU MICROD*CK !!!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬

Cannot do it at the moment....
The latest Windows patch reduced the Framerate of the Game to 2 FPS.
Before that i had a very decent framerate of around 60 FPS, but now...
F*CK YOU MICROD*CK !!!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬
Dabble in the Windows innards and shut down some functions, like that one supposedly helping you with loading applications for example, Windows have a ton of useless apps that are eating your processing capacity.

Dabble in the Windows innards and shut down some functions, like that one supposedly helping you with loading applications for example, Windows have a ton of useless apps that are eating your processing capacity.

Already done, not gonna work.
I already shut down/uninstalled a load of useless cr*p, without success.
Also, it seems i´m not the only one with problem....

Already done, not gonna work.
I already shut down/uninstalled a load of useless cr*p, without success.
Also, it seems i´m not the only one with problem....

Pff, it looks like not only them have problems with troubleshooting. Control have the problem with RTX/DirectX 12/anti-analysing, which no one absolutely tried to fix.

Pff, it looks like not only them have problems with troubleshooting. Control have the problem with RTX/DirectX 12/anti-analysing, which no one absolutely tried to fix.

I already found out that a certain (unneccesary) Driver, provided by my Company, is the culprit of this mess.
Also, this driver, slowed my computer down to speeds, the ThinClients in my Company operates. Remember, ThinClients, are weak as F*ck Computers with super low speccs and speeds.

Ok, after quite some time i´ve re-logged into Star Citizen to find out what has changed so far.
So, with that being said, there are good things and bad things....

First the good things.
The Framerate has improved massive. In terms of framerate it is really playable now. I get a decent 50 FPS now. Not bad at all....

And now the bad things.
Money. All the money i´ve made before my break, became the victim of a Wipe, wich CIG recently made, wich i found out painfully.
TBH, if they wipe your money and other stuff, you don´t get motivated to earn more money. As a compensation, they gave everyone measely 200k. To make a comparison, i had over 2 Million before the wipe. I´m not happy.....
I know it is still a Beta, but only 200k ?!?!

Weapons. A look in my inventory revealed that all my weapons i´ve purchased, have vanished, including it´s ammo. Instead they gave everyone a crappy grenade launcher. I may sound like a ungrateful A**hole, but from my experience with the weapons in the game, a GL is not really reliable in terms of killing the enemy. It would be better if they would have gave us Rocketlauncher....
With a rocketlauncher you would hit and kill a Target, unlike the Grenade Launcher.

Items. Before my break, my inventory was neatly cleaned up. Consumables are being removed after i have used them. But now, my inventory is littered with all kinds of crap. Beginning with some useless clothes, over to comemoration medals and some chinese new year envelopes. The thing is, i cannot even delete the stuff. It is either a Bug or it is done on purpose.

Vehicles. As you may know, Star Citizen has also ground vehicles. Like a car, it should move in that direction you are steerin it. This was the case, at least for me, before the break. And now, the vehicles seems to have their own mind in terms of steering. Or in other words, steering a vehicle has become a task on it´s own. Even entering a vehicle has become a adventure on it´s own.

Other Bugs. Classic Star Citizen Bugs, such as a empty Elevator Shaft, are still there. And some new bugs have joined. Trash bins don´t work anymore and the floor is littered with trash or the trains one the planets are jittery AF (you are afraid that they jump out of their boundaries when they start to move).

A yes Star Citizen the biggest game fraud ever...

Wonder if that wipe fucked over the Whales with their own fleets as well or just the plebs

A yes Star Citizen the biggest game fraud ever...

Wonder if that wipe fucked over the Whales with their own fleets as well or just the plebs

well, the thing is, this wipe affects only items, weapons and vehicles that has been bought with ingame money.
Stuff that has been bought with RL Money is not affected by the wipe.

They released Patch 3.18.1. Yes and another Wipe was in order, yay.
Based on the notes i found this is more or less just some kind of stress test for their servers.
Every time something new happens, like this time. When i logged in i found my ship viewer was empty, all ships were marked with a lock symbol.
Turns out you have to request every ship and vehicle first before you can view it or use it.
In a few days they will release patch 3.18.2. I really wonder what will happens then.

So, it seems that Turbulent has joined CIG....

Here is the offical statement.

Lets wait and see how this merger will turn out.
TBH, i´m getting somewhat bad vibes.

Back
Top Bottom