What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset the timer! Five more years to fusion!

WRT the "argument" of the world having been warmer and colder: I really, really love when randoms on internet think they can counter hundreds or thousands of scientists' and engineers' conclusion with a pithy one-liner that came from Facebook-sourced graphs:

1596797681907.png

Yes Rufus, we understand that you feel the need to make obeisance to the Holy Consensus. Now back to the topic of Fusion...

Could you, as one "random on the internet" to another, explain the intended mechanism for turning fusion energy into electricity?
I would like it to be something that could operate aboard a spaceship.

Yes Rufus, we understand that you feel the need to make obeisance to the Holy Consensus.
Gotta love the "free thinkers". Maybe you'll destroy me with "facts and logic" like bringing a snowball in summer to show that global warming is a prank now?

EDIT: but then, I forgot that you believe in creationism as well.

Last edited:

The next phase of "one day we will get this to happen, pinky promise!" is underway! See you in five years, where we will have only five more years to go!

I'm still excited for this, but honestly, I have my reservations here and there. Even so: I wouldn't mind more research being done in this area. But that's just me, imho.

Back
Top Bottom