What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Share the Youtube Channels

Quest for the Jank Lord, a fun magic the gathering commander channel whose videos are like a TV show in the best ways. With an opening theme song, continuous storyline, fun characters and b movie special effects, and a lot of heart. And lots of casual magic the gathering.

CrowsEyeProductions, the clothing from various eras of history.

Collection of old-time photos.

Does mainly videos for strategy games but will occasionally do Let's Plays for games in other genres if it has a good story. Also he can be sorta silly and funny at times. Really enjoyed his guide videos for Rebel Inc Escalation.

Bart Park, a Korean channel with a lot of The Simpsons clips.

I've got two channels dedicated to linguistics

NativLang

Produces videos looking at interesting features of languages across the globe. Also has a very good series on the history of writing.

David Peterson

David Peterson is a professional conlanger, in that he creates naturalistic fictional languages for TV shows and movies (his most famous work is probably Dothraki from Game of Thrones). Whether you're interested in conlanging itself or just looking to learn the mechanics of real-world language, this is a pretty good resource in my estimation.

Two channels for delivering spooks in the late evening.

Bedtime Stories

Well produced recounts of various scary stories, ranging from aliens and ghosts to mysteries and true crime. Sometimes ever so slightly wonky with dialogue, but good delivery and everything, especially the illustrations, keeps improving with time.

Buzzfeed Unsolved

People frequently joke about these two dying of back pain from carrying all of Buzzfeed on their shoulders. Their videos are diveded between True Crime and Supernatural, with the odd conspiracy theory thrown in. A distinctly more comedic variant with Ryan and Shane forming a clear Mulder and Scully dynamic when covering hauntings and cryptids.

1584052044808.png

Lately I watch the EEVblog a lot. It's a channel about electronics, with everything from the basic theory to reviews to tear-downs of some very interesting stuff. Dave Jones' Australian accent is a nice bonus :)

A good example of what's so great about Dave is his explanation of how operational amplifiers work - simple, understandable and useful:

I'm in a really 'bleh' mood lately, so I'm going through one of the classic GameGrumps playlists, their one on the custom ROM-hack that a team of fans of theirs made of Kirby's Dream Course, a SNES golf(ish) game. Relaxing and funny, at least for me, the only thing more entertaining than Dan winning is Arin losing.

Accented Cinema: while there are lots of film commentary and essay channels, this one focuses on Asian cinema and related matters.

Sabaton History
Each video is one or more members of Sabaton (metal band focused on military history) sitting down with a historian to explain the facts behind the events a given song of theirs discusses. The first is the Battle of Wizna, a battle where the Polish held on for days despite being outnumbered 40/1 , hence the song being "40:1"

A weird channel, very low subscriber count, and mostly focuses on News Channel Introductions and Promotional Videos.

I have no idea why I like it, but there's something in News Channel Graphics that I really, really like.

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but please watch his content, really well researched and delves into some interesting topics concerning Contemporary America.

Back
Top Bottom