What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Source of tragedies

Naqu2o

Author
A transcript of a quest

'Shit shit shit shit shit shit'

The war of the gods is now over. Your goddess lost.

You are a follower of the Goddess of Chaos. During the war between Order and Chaos, as an act of irony, the Gods banish you into the sea of Chaos where you can never escape from as long as you are alive. With your absence, the force of Chaos lost, your Goddess sealed away, while you float endlessly in this pitch black prison.

It is not even that bad, you can't die in your element, however, you are not alive either.

The worst thing was feeling the bond between you and your Goddess disappear. It was then that you realize the Goddess has lost.

'Fuck shit. What am I even doing here?'

With the Goddess sealed away, slowly but surely your influence will fade away in this Chaos sea, you won't die, but you will never be able to do anything ever again.

Before you can fade away, you try one last time, you cast your gaze into the timestream. You must cause more chaos, the more chaos there are in the mortal world, the higher the chance of your return. Currently most of the Gods presume that you have died, so there is a chance.

You were about to cause a war to create chaos before you realize

'Shit shit shit. There aren't much influences left.'

You can only do it twice, a small act of Chaos. Or once, in case it is a forceful act

You decide to ruin life

A small girl, destined for greatness. A happy family, about to destroyed by chaos
'Let's just do it.'

In a corner of the world, in the far future, there was a girl. Her father was a local hero. Her mother was a mage. In that family, she inherits both her father's swordsmanship and her mother's magic.

In the future, she will become a great knight, protector of her country. With her power, she will be known as the Flame Princess.

However, before that happens, she is still a child. She is a child in a happy family, with both mother and father.

You reach out, and kill one of them with an act of chance, hoping that it will effect the Flame Princess future, creating great chaos.

One day, her father went out to slay a dragon.

It was a dragon that has plagued the land for a long time. He was always going to win, no matter what.

However, at the very last moment, his sword broke, by your will. The man dies.

Suddenly, you feel a boost in your influence. The dragon flew away to cause more death and destruction. Even though the effect on the Flame Princess still isn't felt yet, the change in timeline grant you power! After killing the great warrior, the dragon has become more powerful
A pair of lover, beautiful together. By the power of chaos, never to meet again (1 Chaos Influence)

However, in a moment, your attention was elsewhere

Two people met under a great tree during a rainstorm. The girl was from an influential family.

The boy was just a wandering Taoist, never destined for greatness, but you can feel a potential for darkness inside him.

Currently, the boy's heart was as warm as the sun. The girl was as gentle as the cherry blossom.

They felt in love. One night the girl left her home to meet the boy under the moonlight. This act repeats again and again.

It was supposed to continue until the boy became a powerful Taoist, powerful enough that he would be acknowledged by the family the girl came from.

Instead, one night, by act of chance, you cause the girl to be discover. Her father was extremely shameful by the fact and beat her.

In his act of rage, he didn't realize that he has killed her.

A few days later, the boy receive the news.

'Shit shit shit. This is taking too long.'

You know that great chaos takes time, but you gain exactly (0 Chaos Influence) from this.

You can continue to monitor this timeline or just wait for the result while monitoring another timeline

You continue to cause chaos in the Flame Princess's life, destroying her hope and dream completely (1 Chaos Influence)
"Don't cry Lucia! Don't cry!"

The Flame Princess's mother consoles her crying daughter.

You have plan to cause the Flame Princess to become mad. Instead of burning monsters for her kingdom, she will burn people alive as offering for your Goddess

If that is going to happen, there must be no place for her to return to. You conspire to kill the woman who she calls mother.

Everyday, you sent a vision of her husband's tragic death to her mind.

Imagine a weapon, so terrible that it does not need blade or magic to kill.

Imagine pouring endless horror and nightmare into a person's mind to break them.

The mage endures for 3 months, however, she is no God's apostle.

She has come to believe that it was actually her husband's ghost asking for her to take revenge.

Slowly, she drifts away from her daughter until her action was mechanical. She can only cry bloody tears, she wishes for death, but she has to live for her daughter.

One more push.

You manifest an image of her husband smiling at her outside of her window.

The woman who has been driven to mental instability, jumps after the image. She falls outside of the mage tower.

When she falls down, you make sure that she falls head first.

When the news broke, and Lucia saw her mother's corpse, she screams endlessly into the night.

This will surely reap a great amount of Chaos in the future.

You decide to urge the young Taoist on in his quest for revenge. You like a good gamble (1 Chaos Influence)

This time, you use the same tactic.

You whisper insider his ears, the same voice of his lover. You show him an image of his lover.

You show a false image of his lover being raped before being beaten to death even though that is not how it went. You show it in his dream, everyday.

However, strangely, the Taoist did not bite the bait.

Damn it, you can't have wasted all your influence for nothing.

Suddenly, the Taoist spoke to you

"I don't know if you are spirits or demons. But I know you are out there."

He directly addresses you

Wwwhatttt? He isn't going to snitch on the Gods is he? Does he even have a connection to a God?

"With my Tranquil Heart Melody, I am not going to be swayed by such simple distraction." It's true, you lost a lot of power, you could only use a meager amount of Influence to do it.

"However," Suddenly the man cries while beating his chest until it bleeds

"I don't care if it's God or demons. As long as I can take revenge for my Izuru, I would even become a devil. So answer me! Give me power."

You smile. Yes. Finally, It born fruits.

(Gain 1 Chaos Influence)

While you were in the eastern region, you might as well ruin a random person's life for the heck of it.

You chose in random.

You chose a girl, because they are the most vulnerable during this period, in this region. While she and her parents were traveling to the city to escape the flood, bandits suddenly appear by chance to stop them.

Her father sold her out to keep his life. The bandit beats the father to death but let the mother go because she was too old.

Than they keep the pretty girl for themselves.

...Well, after they were done with her, they sold her to human trafficker for a profit. She was not someone special, she is not going to be able to go against you like this.

Human are truly fragile thing.

However, suddenly, one day, a light comes into her life. A passing by Taoist killed all the human trafficker and set her free.

Yet, she still died. During that time, she became pregnant. She died giving birth, she left the child to the Taoist to care.

You suddenly feel something changing, but you are not sure if it is Chaos Influence or not.

You have done all you could to destroy the Flame Princess's happiness. All you could do is continue watching this timeline and intervene at opportune timeline

The girl continues to scream incessantly without stopping. Her strength didn't wane at all despite all of that wailing and crying. As expected of the future Flame Princess

You were extremely interested in this person's life now that you have spent a lot of power to change her fate.

The girl refuses to leave her mother's corpse, stopping all who come near. Her screaming does not stop.

After the town people has determined that she was mentally unwell, they sent people to take her away before her mother corpse rots.

However, when the guards come to take her away by force, the Flame Princess shows the first sign of the changed timeline.

She glares hatefully at the useless human as if blaming them for not being good enough, having to rely on her father for everything, driving her mother to suicide.

Instead of the brilliant red flame, black flame bursts out from inside the guard's armor, cooking them from inside out. Some died instantly, some live to be a crippled.

This is an unexpected gain (1 Chaos Influence)

You are sure this person, this Black Flame Princess will bring you more Chaos in the future.

The princess takes her mother's corpse away and escape. Her inhuman strength carries her tiny body.

Gave the Taoist exactly what he wanted, a portion of your power, giving you an agent in the world (1 Chaos Influence)

Very well.

You came from the darkness.

"What is it that you want? Power? Fortune? Fame? Women?"

You taunt him, knowing exactly what he wanted. To play the role of a demon is just normal for you, you have to pretend that you can offer him more before causing him to fall.

"Revenge, I just want revenge."

"Revenge you will take, but will you follow me?"

"I will"

"Even if it goes against the law of your Gods- ah I mean your Dao?"

The boy looks up with despair in his eyes

"Even if lightning strikes this body hundred of time, even if I'm turned into ashes, I will. I WILL. I WILL."

Suddenly, as soon as he finishes the words, lightning strikes.

Oh oops.

(Danger level: 10. Noticed by an Eastern God. Probably mistook you for a normal demon.)

"Very well." You might as well continue it.

Power enters inside him. The blacken corrosive of the Chaos Sea that you are submerged in merges with the young Daoist's soul

He starts screaming as liquid flows out of his mouth, his eyes, his ears, his noses, all of his orifices. But, as he screams, his power increases. A darkness consumes him.

"You must avoid the lightning of your God- the Dao."

"You must answer to me to increase your power."

"But you can take your revenge."

Currently, the Taoist can only crawl on all four because of the pain, but he looks eager at that.

You have heard of the Taoist of the East before, and while some of them can truly be something great, most of them are pathetic never achieving greatness. They are only above human a bit.

What you gave him is the power to slaughter an entire mansion of people in one night.

The Taoist follows his will

"Do as thy wish"

The killing has only begun

(You now have a follower?)

Back
Top Bottom