What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Korea planning to build their first aircraft carrier

Alias

Bean Daddy
Guess South Korea government wants to be able to boast having an aircraft carrier in the future.

Eliar

More like gain the ability to actually build one from scratch?

It would be a huge boost to its already impressive shipbuilding ability.

If they simply wanted to boast having one there are some wrecks floating about they could buy for the cool points.

chimera0205

Oooohhh thats cool. Do we know the size? Are we talking a really light thing like the Spanish Juan Carlos or something more medium sized like the Lioaning or the QEs?

Mr Wumbo

Ok but what for? It's not like SK need to project force or something, and any potential future conflict would likely take place right near home.

National prestige I guess?

IndyFront

Ξ⌊:Ξ≪⊕ `∧∀⊥∥'⌊: ∀∃∃∀⌊:⊕⌈≪⌊:⊕Γ.
Author
I'm honestly surprised they didn't have one already.

IndyFront

Author

Terra Novan

Author
Ok but what for? It's not like SK need to project force or something, and any potential future conflict would likely take place right near home.

National prestige I guess?
It's good to have a strong blue-water navy, especially for a country next to China and Japan, all rather powerful naval powers.

Mark Poe

The majestic cock
Writing Champ
It's good to have a strong blue-water navy, especially for a country next to China and Japan, all rather powerful naval powers.
China? A naval power? Last that those two were in a sentence it was gone in an afternoon.

Most likely the PLAN will end up just like the Beiyang Fleet, if not more humiliating.

Alias

Bean Daddy
China? A naval power? Last that those two were in a sentence it was gone in an afternoon.

Most likely the PLAN will end up just like the Beiyang Fleet, if not more humiliating.
Hmmm, I wouldn’t underestimate China navy. Though the days of major budget increases for PLAN may be drawing to a close.

Inquisitor Solarion

For what? Honestly, South Korea needs to rein in its own crazy version of nationalism. Unless you are telling us that Korea expects that Japan and China will together gang up on Korea.

PLAN construction capabilities are many times that of Korea, believe it or not.

Reactions: Kol

IndyFront

Author
Lmfao at people thinking China and Japan are "Weak"

Inquisitor Solarion

I think the area where China is weak is doctrine and tactics where they are lacking but they are definitely doing their best to catch up in other areas.

Chatokay

Self-proclaimed FiC official absinthe provider :)
Top Bottom