What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek

ScreenXSurfer

Ain't no bitch who can do it like me
Star Trek somehow started showing in my recommendations feed. I swear you watch 1 borg video weeks ago and they're hitting me with all the best scenes from all the originals. And now I'm here making a Star Trek thread.

OK, check this out. Do you think Janeway is in the right here? I dunno.

But it's scenes like this that sold the show for me. You just get incredible moments of creative story telling. Also, later this season, they fight an alien that falls in love with Nazi ideology.

Only Star Trek.

I feel sad that there's a whole generation of people who grew up w/o star trek reruns on TV.
I remember when my little brother and I got the DVD set of the Kirk's Trek and watched the first episode. We were all "Huh, that was surprisingly intelligent and emotionally resonant".

These were some damn good shows, SW's stories are hampered by having to be war stories.

Well, I started my Star Trek watching with... bits of TOS, before going to DS9 (still have every season) and later TNG and Enterprise. One of the few things that my mom and brother would practically drop whatever they're doing (if they could) and watch was Star Trek...

I started with Voyager, and I still hold a soft spot for it. Intrepid-class FTW

I still haven't properly watched the Original series and DS9.

I feel old, I saw TNG when it came out.

Trek makes me nostalgic, when it came out it was a big thing. My friends and I all watched it, sure we were way too young at the time, around 8, but it was just plain fun to see. Everybody loved Data, everybody loved the Borg, it was the only Science Fiction on TV at the time that was easily recognizable as SF and not aimed specifically at children. It gave the genre a huge boost, as far as I experienced it (my classmates, my friends, my family, the people in our neighbourhood, people were watching it, and talking about it).

It was fast, it was fun, it had a bunch of recognizable characters that were all very unique.

I miss that, especially with Discovery, Discovery is just SciFi, like we've seen before in the modern age of television. It's pretty dark, and the cast is so small, that after one season I am struggling to name more than 4 characters who are still alive or who are part of the main cast. On a good day I can get to five, Stamets, Saru, Tilly, Burnham... and Sarek, but he's not really a regular, I think? After that it becomes That lady with the thing on her face, the girl who isn't Gamorra's sister from Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm sort of enjoying Discovery, but not as Star Trek. I'm enjoying Discovery the same way I'm enjoying the Expanse. It's good, but it isn't really making my brain light up and telling me to fantasize and be creative... it's just there.

Ran out of shit to watch. So watched some star trek discovery yesterday. I've heard the negative noise about this and watched a piece which at that time i thought was youtube parody or something.

Apparently it wasn't a fucking parody at all. I'm genuinely surprised at how bad this is.

The original star trek had a lot of shit episodes with some great jems throughout and despite the shit production value even for that decade. With on occasion a nice mat painting. It frankly became my early morning comfort routine when i was a sailor. Deep space nine was another one ....bar stupid episodes involving the holo deck and the first season being week for the most part. it was a show that made me watch the whole seasons instead of just catching it on TV.

This shit however makes voyager watchable a show filled with annoying characters like Neelix:, Paris and fuck load of others i don't wish to remember. Not to mention that bland trope of a Indian.

And i hear Picard one is just as bad if not worse ?

I never watched Picard, or some of the others. I just never warmed to all the reincarnations. Just me.

I watched(sorta) 3 episodes of Strange New Worlds.

Is it me or is this show oddly schizophrenic?

Yes, not a promo clip, this is in the actual show. Because Star Trek the musical was something, no one ever asked for, ever.
Two episodes before they had a crossover with an animated show.
And the one between them was a serious(or so they think) examination of hatred between old enemies now that the war is over.

Back
Top Bottom