What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

So about a month away from the movie hitting theaters. So how do people feel about the movie at this point based off all the trailers?
With Sheev all things are possible.

Pretty good recap of Episode 1 through 8.

The Swedish rating body supposedly confirmed one of the recent leaks. It'll be interesting to see how many of the leaks were accurate.

Last edited:
So....is it bad or terribad? My local cinema starts showing it tonight but I'm not sure I want to give money to Kathleen Kennedy.

So....is it bad or terribad? My local cinema starts showing it tonight but I'm not sure I want to give money to Kathleen Kennedy.
No clue. Haven't seen it yet. :p Though if a good chunk of the leaks are true then it's gonna be pretty bad.

I'm probably gonna see it only because my dad will likely want to see it and will pay for tickets, food and drinks.

Apparently China gets to start seeing it today, so maybe by the end of the day the plot will be listed online.

Malaysia too. It's a small perk but having early movie release dates are cool.
It's funny that China get's an early date since except for a very small and dedicated fan base, most people in China don't give a damn about Star Wars.

It's funny that China get's an early date since except for a very small and dedicated fan base, most people in China don't give a damn about Star Wars.

What does "small" mean?

Because for places like China and India "small" can mean any number of things :p

Episode 7-$124,159,000

Rogue One- $69,484,899

Episode 8- $42,577,974

Solo- $16,473,217

This is the China box office numbers for the Star Wars movies of the Disney era. Obviously 124 million for Episode 7 is nothing to sneeze but clearly with each movie less and lesse people in China go see them. Compared to lot of other big blockbuster movie of the last four years, these numbers are pretty terrible from Rogue One onward. Episode 9 may break that pattern but then again it may not.

It's less Star Wars movies and more all movies. China, Hong Kong, India and South East Asia always gets early release dates for Hollywood movies.

So about a month away from the movie hitting theaters. So how do people feel about the movie at this point based off all the trailers?
I didn't like Episode 8, but with the case of AOTC and ROTS (the best SW movie IMO), I am cautious but somewhat hopeful.

Took a day to think about what I have seen. Very conflicted. Some good parts, some really bad parts.

Let's just say that I am glad to have used loyalty program points instead of money to watch this movie. I have plenty of money, but handing it over for this would have made me feel nauseous. Learned that lesson after Solo tanked.

OK, I will add my personal list of worst to best Star Wars movies.

Solo
Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
Revenge of the Sith
Rise of Skywalker
Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
Attack of the Clones
Clone Wars (movie)
Last Jedi
Phantom Menace
Force Awakens
Rogue One
A New Hope
Spaceballs
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

Took a day to think about what I have seen. Very conflicted. Some good parts, some really bad parts.

Let's just say that I am glad to have used loyalty program points instead of money to watch this movie. I have plenty of money, but handing it over for this would have made me feel nauseous. Learned that lesson after Solo tanked.

Solo
Revenge of the Sith
Rise of Skywalker
Attack of the Clones
Clone Wars (movie)
Last Jedi
Phantom Menace
Force Awakens
Rogue One
A New Hope
Spaceballs
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
You need to watch the Holiday Special. You know, in order to properly rank it. For Science!

(it might or might not be a fitting punishment for not putting Empire as the best)

You need to watch the Holiday Special. You know, in order to properly rank it. For Science!

(it might or might not be a fitting punishment for not putting Empire as the best)
1) You are wrong, and are doomed to be eaten by alien teddy bears for your crime.
2) I thought about adding the holiday special, but it never got a theatrical release. Even the Ewok movies got that (in some countries). I would put it between Revenge of the Sith and Rise of Skywalker.

Solo
Revenge of the Sith
Rise of Skywalker
Attack of the Clones
Clone Wars (movie)
Last Jedi
Phantom Menace
Force Awakens
Rogue One
A New Hope
Spaceballs
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Comment based on order of listing:

Never seen Solo, glad I avoided that...experience.

This is the one with the two kids whose starship crashed on Endor, yeah? Saw it as a kid on TV, had a blast. Also how the hell does Palpy not notice a planet (ok, moon) chock full of Force Sensitives?

Best part of the prequel trilogy as far as overarching story goes; Ian McDiarmid for the win. Dude's an excellent actor.

Didn't watch.

Didn't watch this one, is it good?

Hayden dropped the ball and Lucas hubris reached its peak hereabouts, I think.

Didn't watch this either. Is this the McCracken made cartoons or that fugly CGI one?

Roundhead Johnson must die for his heresy!! (Cue crazed rant for at least 7 minutes)

Damn exited watching this and Mace was all sorts of cool. Poor Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best though, Lucas bungled their characters.

Lazy rehash of A New Hope with stupid JJ-isms, start of the franchise's downfall to me.

Wish the writers put Bothans if only to square this with ANH canon, that said, good movie, really badass angry Vader here.

"Use the Force, Luke!" 'Nuff said.

Ah....Darth Helmet. Really enjoyed it.

One of the sequels that is better than the preceding movie. Love it.

The kid in me enjoyed seeing the good guys win, now looking back the movie is not as strong story and tone-wise compared to the first two but enjoyable to watch nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom