What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett

OK, but Alderaan went bye-bye for their perfidy. You can buy only so many rock-moving droids on credit.

Yeah, but who says they kept all their money on Alderaan. All those star ships and hardware had to be paid with something more besides donation. Somebody had to bankroll the entire outfit especially heavily at first.

Yeah, but who says they kept all their money on Alderaan. All those star ships and hardware had to be paid with something more besides donation. Somebody had to bankroll the entire outfit especially heavily at first.

That's the problem with sf writers - many of theme does not have a sense of scale.
Nor about managing or running anything, actually.

Well, not exactly what I expected. But as predictably cobb is getting a robotic arm and probably a body.

Also was it me or was the Fennek (sp?) assassination scene an ode to Leon the professional ?

Well, not exactly what I expected. But as predictably cobb is getting a robotic arm and probably a body.
I would not be suprised if they make him head that Rangers of the New Republic show that originally was going to Gina Carano before she took a hard swerve right, and the cybernetics is to give him a special gimmick then just be Raylan Givens in Space.
Also was it me or was the Fennek (sp?) assassination scene an ode to Leon the professional ?
Now you mentioned it, that ceiling noose garroting felt familair.

Speaking of Fennek she was a far better written character. They should have made the entire show about here with Boba as side character. Which I get the feeling the writers kind of wanted to do to begin with.

Also there is absolute no consistency what damage laser guns do. And lack of blood or wounds on people and this pretty much goes for the marvel shows also Makes this honestly really not work.

• "Shit! Now where will I go to get my helmet polished!?"
  • Mando: "Only at the low low cost of stopping the drug trade." Fennec: "NO!! The spice must flow!"
  • Boba: "We need those foot soldiers, or we are doomed. Let's go wait." Gizmokids: "No! We will abandon you if you choose a suitable tactical location. We fight here!" Boba: "Upon further consideration, since you teenagers with attitude make up most of my mafia, we will fight here."
  • Fucking Jawas! Can't we go one episode without those little shits!?
  • Mayor: "I have terms! I am the mayor!" Pyke: "Bitch, you're hiding in my lair!"
  • R2: "*beep-whistle beep*" Oh, somehow that gets translated into Grogu now?
  • Fennec: "So here's the plan. Our forces will quietly patrol while being visibly in the open. If the Pykes arrive they will just use the local train station instead of flying in using private docking bays like the ones we see all the time, so we will drop our muscle there, because Gamorreans in gladiator gear are inconspicuous and highly observant. We will then further divide our forces by placing the Wookie out in front of city hall for... reasons, I guess? The 'mods' squad will use their speeder mobility to also be anchored to other vast regions. We cannot be defeated with a net with such large holes, and absolutely no one can sneak up on u-." Droid: "Some completely non-stealthy guy and a squad of snipers is at the door. Should I let him in and make a pot of tea?"
  • The capos who pinky swore that they would remain neutral while their trade gets strangled actually lied! Who could have predicted such a thing! Scoundrels would never do such a thing unless... I dunno, just about any reason.
  • Good thing the Pykes main strategist went to the same academy as Shand. Start attacking just before turning on the jammers. That way they... fuck it, that's just bad strategy.
  • Krrsantan: "Scaly Boys attack with knives! What ever will I- oh, Fuzzy Boy have a blaster. *pew pew pew*"
  • Star Wars' lack of guard rails takes two more victims.
  • Boba: "Go take out their command and control." Fennec: "Yes. I agree. I will go reinforce the teenagers!" Boba: "That is not what I said, and you know it!" Fennec: "What's that? All us main characters are wearing helmets, it's hard to hear anything. OK, bye!"
  • Mando: "We only heard about one likely attack before jammers stopped our communications. I will use the Mando Force and say that we were betrayed in a coordinated manner by all of the smaller crime lords, and certainly there is no way that anyone else could have survived." Boba: "Exactly right, ol' chap! Brilliant deduction!"
  • The Synchronized Jetpacking event begins!
  • Damn! The armor is stopping all the shots, but it sure does make them flinch a lot! You can't shoot while flinching, video games taught me that!
  • Here comes the meatshield Rowdy Boys!
  • He comes the cava- whoops! OK, now here comes the cavalry!
  • "Fuzzy boy not pussy! Fuzzy boy walk off thirty blaster shots, not use abundant cover!"
  • Townies: "Haha! We did almost nothing compared to the two badasses, but there has been a three second lull in the fire! They are retreating! We did it!"
  • Mando: "Droids. Why did it have to be droids?"
  • Boba: "Rocket Attack!" Townies: "Did it work? I guess if they stop firing in five seconds we win. On, two, three, fou-" Skorponek droids: "PSYCH!"
  • Boba: "I will get reinforcements to stop these completely unstoppable droids. You run like a bitch until I get back." Mando: "This is the way."
  • Wow, the Pykes really hate their cannon fodder. All they ever needed was the invincible droids. The things they do to not pay out retirement benefits. So sad.
  • "Hey, Mando! It's hard to hear because of all the heavy blaster fire, but I'm glad you aren't busy with anything! I have a surprise for you!"
  • "You call that a blaster? ... Now that's a blaster."
  • Grogu remembers his training and jumps.
  • Mando: "Holy Leaping Rancors, Batman!" Boba: "I told you all I would ride it! I told you!"
  • Mando: "This droid! It is very very slowly about to crush me! I cannot move my body!"
  • Grogu remembers his training. Size matters not. Shiny things matter.
  • Townies: "Oh no!" Speeder Gang Girl: "Oh no!" Rancor: *smashes through wall* "OH YEAH!"
  • 🎶 Spike to the heart, but you're to blame, shouldn't have taunted me, Cad Bane (Cad Bane)🎶
  • Grogu remembers his training. You can boop the nose of a sleepy Rancor, then snuggly sleep time. It was a strange lesson that only Master Skywalker could give, what with his past Rancor experience.
  • Fennec: "Hahaha! I'm Chun Li, bitches! You're all dead!"
  • Heartwarming moment of the crime boss and his people out mingling with the regular folk. Awww.
  • Bubble boy wants more speed.
  • ...and that's how he got his name changed from Spice Kicker Cobb to Vibrator-Arm Vanth. It wasn't as catchy, but it made the ol' Marshall perturbed, so they kept saying it.
  • Speaking of Vanth... no one bothered to check if he was still alive? Not one person?

Last edited:
Watched the Episode...
IMHO, the fight scenes were pretty good.
Some of the scenes were IMHO better then in the movies.
Loved the fight between the Droids and the Rancor.
Hmm, it seems the little one has a special Talent for Animals.
However one thing bugs me. They left us with some kind of cliffhanger. For me, it seems this "Book" is unfinished. There are several loose threads that needed to be tied up.
Cad Bane, i dunno, this guy seemed to me a bit more realistic in the Cartoons then in this Show. IMHO, too much plasticy. Seems they used a animatronic for the close ups.

Back
Top Bottom