What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FIC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steam for Frozen in Carbonite?

V4Guss

Author
I currently don't have a PC, but if I did and some freetime I would definitely join.
Okay... I'll take a mod approval as a go ahead.

Introducing the Frozen In Carbonite Forums Steam Group!

I had to use FrInCa as an abbreviation as FiC was already taken. I thought this avatar was appropriate for the group (the forum logo did not size right), but if anyone has a better alternative please suggest it:
HanPopcicle (2).png

To join, just tell me what your Steam ID is in this thread and indicate a want to join the group. I'll invite you as soon as I am able. Alternatively you can apply via Steam and give indication that you have an account here.

To add... of course any mod staff on the forums will be offered officer status in the group if they want it.

Last edited:

Lord Inquisitor Adornable

The Community Outreach Mod

I had to use FrInCa as an abbreviation as FiC was already taken. I thought this avatar was appropriate for the group (the forum logo did not size right), but if anyone has a better alternative please suggest it:
View attachment 140

To join, just tell me what your Steam ID is in this thread and indicate a want to join the group. I'll invite you as soon as I am able.

To add... of course any mod staff on the forums will be offered officer status in the group if they want it.
I'm going to need to budget for a gaming laptop now....

Lordroel

View attachment 140

To join, just tell me what your Steam ID is in this thread and indicate a want to join the group. I'll invite you as soon as I am able.

What games are you playing on Steam.

V4Guss

Author
What games are you playing on Steam.
Heres a link to my Steam Library: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014110828/games/?tab=all

I've really got more stuff than I've actually played at the moment due to buying stuff as bundles or when its on sale if it looks like something I'll play later.

As far as multiplayer specifically I've got games like AvP, Skullgirls, Injustice (1 and 2), Planetary Annihilation, Stellaris, Strikey Sisters, Dead by Daylight Dawn, of War (1 and 2), Doom, Iron Brigade, and probably several others I'm forgetting. I've been playing Injustice and Overwatch (not a Steam game, though I have it linked in my Steam Library) fairly recently as far as multiplayer. I was playing Dead by Daylight, but kind of lost interest because the community for that game is rather toxic though I wouldn't mind playing with some good people.

I was also playing Star Trek Online sporadically, not much of an RP community from what I can tell which is disappointing.

V4Guss

Author
Didn't know you could apply to join a group like that, probably should change the front page a bit to reflect this. Sorry never been in a group before.

I think that if we have people from Steam joining who aren't part of the forums they should be encouraged to join or possibly have it as a requirement before accepting an application.

Erwin_Pommel

British culture>Whatever pleb culture you have
Author
People to play with? Sweet, I'll drop by later, you'll know it's me because of same PP.

And sent!

Last edited:

V4Guss

Author
Okay... so what have we actually done with this group? I realize... it seems nothing much really since it was created and that's partly my fault for not communicating.

What games do we have in common on Steam that we could play together? What games can we discuss that we have in common?

I have some multiplayer game keys I'm willing to give away. I have all these games and would be interested in playing them with people in the Steam group or anyone on the forums who wants to join. These are the keys I'm offering to group members:

Zombie Army Trilogy
Guns of Icarus Alliance Collector's Edition
The Black Death
Dead by Daylight Deluxe Edition (I know I've said that the community is rather toxic in the past, but I've been trying to get back into this game and just ignoring the toxic element. I'm a Killer main, but wouldn't mind Surviving with Friends.)
Sniper Elite V2
Sniper Elite 3

Of these the only one I've significantly played is DBD. I've got a lot of online multiplayer games installed. I just find I end up playing with random people a lot though when I do play.

Last edited:

Lord Kragan

The one and only Lord of Mutton Chops.
Okay... so what have we actually done with this group? I realize... it seems nothing much really since it was created and that's partly my fault for not communicating.

What games do we have in common on Steam that we could play together? What games can we discuss that we have in common?

I have some multiplayer game keys I'm willing to give away. I have all these games and would be interested in playing them with people in the Steam group or anyone on the forums who wants to join. These are the keys I'm offering to group members:

Zombie Army Trilogy
Guns of Icarus Alliance Collector's Edition
The Black Death
Dead by Daylight Deluxe Edition (I know I've said that the community is rather toxic in the past, but I've been trying to get back into this game and just ignoring the toxic element. I'm a Killer main, but wouldn't mind Surviving with Friends.)
Sniper Elite V2
Sniper Elite 3

Of these the only one I've significantly played is DBD. I've got a lot of online multiplayer games installed. I just find I end up playing with random people a lot though when I do play.
I would honestly love to play dead by daylight and guns of Icarus. I am at GMT+1 (Brussels, Madrid, etc.) so we kind of would need to plan a bit, mayhaps.

V4Guss

Author
For those in the group, would you mind setting your Game Details to Public on your profiles? This is just a request, not a requirement for the group, but it would help with seeing each other's Game Lists and what we all play so we can get together to play multiplayer or discuss. Nothing else really needs to be set to Public, it's just Game details lets people know what you play so they can contact you if they want to play something with you.

I will state my Profile is set to public... initially because I use third party filtering for my library that requires it, but I've come to realize I don't see much of a problem with it beyond keeping my inventory Private. Recently I opened my profile comments to Public as well.

I would honestly love to play dead by daylight and guns of Icarus. I am at GMT+1 (Brussels, Madrid, etc.) so we kind of would need to plan a bit, mayhaps.
Sent you a PM with the keys.

I only had the one spare key for DBD, but it's currently on discount along with all but the latest DLC over on Green Man Gaming as part of their holiday sale (and you can add a discount voucher on top of the sale price and the discount is even more if you're VIP along with another voucher for VIP that takes off a bit more) if anyone else is interested.

Also I just found out that a legal dispute (which is also why new movies haven't been made in the franchise in awhile) has killed one of Dead by Daylight's top competitors Friday the 13th: The Game which is now basically in maintenance mode.

I've been looking into other asymmetrical multiplayer horror games like DBD and I'm interested in Last Year... just not that it's only available via Discord. On the positive side the developer, Elastic Games, have pretty much confirmed it will eventually be released on Steam after the 90 day exclusivity window for Discord with this statement:

"Other digital distribution platforms are being considered, with Steam being our top priority. However, we are focused on our 90 day timed-exclusive with Discord at the moment. Since we don’t have an exact release date for our Discord launch, we can’t pinpoint an exact date for future platforms. Following our official social channels is the best way to get the latest news concerning this topic."

Dead by Daylight isn't even the first one, it's just the most well known. Damned and Depth came out two years before DBD for example and there have been several games in the genre so far since such as: White Noise 2, the previously mentioned Last Year and Friday the 13th: The Game, Hide or Die (in beta apparently and not available to the general public yet), and Deceit.

Of these Deceit is actualy F2P. So if anyone is interested we could perhaps get together and give that a go without spending any money.

I'm also interested in Depth. I'm considering buying a four pack next time it's on sale on Steam and giving the spare keys to members of our Steam group if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

V4Guss

Author
So some updates:

Public games list for the FiC Community. This isn't just restricted to people in the Steam Group, anyone can add their games if they're on FiC. This was originally posted on the Discord.

Also I'm updating the list of multiplayer games I have to offer and expanding them to anyone on FiC. While I hope anyone who takes them will join the Steam Group this is not a requirement. I will note however the point of these games being offered is to foster gameplay and friendship between members of FiC, so please keep that in mind:
Zombie Army Trilogy
The Black Death
Sniper Elite V2
Sniper Elite 3 x2
Hover
Rock of Ages 2
Depth x3

Last edited:

D'waawwu

Well since I have no Idea how to apply I go under D'waawwu does anyone play left 4 dead? Still have not beat the sacrifice.

Lord Kragan

The one and only Lord of Mutton Chops.
I am going to chime in and wonder whether or not anyone here is willing to play MP borderlands.

I am awfully early in the storyline, though, having made it to sanctuary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)