What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

StolenMadWolf's Random Bad Art

StolenMadWolf

Author
Well, more like steadily improving art but what do you know, it's an artifact from SB.

For a while now I've been trying to do some more drawing, especially since I now have a laptop with touchscreen capability. So I've been doing some digital art for the last few months.

Mainly by doing wolf heads.

So, here you go, here is a current timeline of what I've been doing so far, including my current WIP.

I was initally very much on and offer, just doing the same basic head everyso often from different angles.

e8909deb2d029b0fd6d7f5c719845dce.png

1da9c0d71dc8ac317ec3f351f78e4240.png

Eventully I started to do something a little bit more substancial, throwing in some colors and even shading to mixed success.

38a4faf49ffce0124f499b9000e5ef7a.jpg

7397033b973006822992610f62fa2df7.png

And now I might be getting onto my own sort of psuduo-style so to speak. I've decided to try and go into this one with a bit more effort and so far it seems to be paying off with this halfbody. I mean, the head and eyes actually look really good for once. I'll put in some fresh updates for that soon.

2955b10a837a65a8d92fb11e94582ca8.jpg

I like the stuff you did in April.

Well, I've got another step further and finished up that halfbody. I feel like it is a pretty significant improvement! Even tried experimenting with glowing effects and a simple background.
dd6a3dd679be49c34f1f61f536682980.jpg
Still not brilliant, but I feel like it's a pretty big leap forward.

So far just been doing a fresh new sketch instead of the original full body so I have a bit of time to work towards that point.

d72d33041cb21d18436636896e0f3b5e.jpg

Just laying out some ideas, though I will need to adjust the body a bit more, thin the arms, and desprately learn how to draw hands.

Welp, I have been doing this piece on and off for a while now, and I could try and throw in some more details for the overall piece, but I figured I might as well just get it finished up. Especially since I don't think I'll be able to do waves properly.

Basically, I went ahead and did my character out near the sea, and stylised somewhat so it's fairly similar to a place I used to go on a regular basis.

And here it is:
5047669fd40f6bd25430850a89566479.jpg

Yeah, I actually gave doing a full fledged background a crack.

Again, not perfect, but I feel as if I'm making progress!

I will look at getting some rough sketches of mine up later, and I might actually be trying my hands on a weapon idea soon.

In the meantime, I'm giving a full body a try, and see if I can actually do something fairly humanoid with actual limbs rather than blocks.
964909932736995336030b43511ada21.jpg

I'm going a bit further by adding actual tuffs into place along with basic body proportions. I might need to do some reshuffling here and there, and I might actually have to shrink the hands as well. But it's definitely looking better than previous attempts at full bodies, albeit after a load of rough sketches and looking at plenty of references to get a better idea of what to try.

Well, I had been trying to work on my upper bodies and torsos, but I've not had much in the way of success. All my bodies look more like blobs until after a lot of redos where they look vaguely okay, but it's still not brilliant.

So, I decided to try something different. I tried to draw a character in an anime style and whilst admittedly I relied on a few guides and references to get things such as proportions right... it's so far actually came out very nicely indeed. Especially when I try a new eye effect of mine.

250001d993aa728c3026cf3a4f33802e.jpg

Might do more with the character down the line, although this piece will still need shading.

Well, I expanded the last piece a little bit more with some shading and highlighting. Still need to do better with the latter, but given this is my first try with an anime style character, this has actually gone pretty well, especially with the shiny metal effect I've tried.

Best piece I've done so far.

86c06224a2bfe940f73f5512c894a0e6.jpg

Recently started up RuneScape again, specifically OSRS, and figured that I might as well try something new. Old School RuneScape and RuneScape 3 both use different artistic styles, so I figured that I would go ahead with taking the basic design of OSRS items, and combine that nostalgia with RS3's flair.

So, I decided to redesign a weapon fron the game. Specifically my favourite, Silverlight.

Here is what I came up with:

61635d3f4c792d22aaf8114650f06bdc.jpg

I basically combined elements from three different ingame versions of Silverlight depending on the development era. The blade from the original model, the crossguard from the second, RS2-era improved model, and the hilt from the RS3 version.

I still need to work on shading, and trying to figure out how to merge the lines safely together with the shaded areas. I'm also planning on doing a modified version with the RS3 version's Tron Line.

I've been working on a new piece as of late, and whilst I am definitely liking the overall result so far, specifically the head. However, I've got a little bit of extra feedback and I wasn't sure how to proceed. Basically, my old 'friend' anatomy is coming back to haunt me.

739b49f5a306c99cb3a5eec078168212.jpg

I've had a couple of suggestions to widen the shoulders and upper torso, but everytime I do that, the whole body looks top heavy and just ruins the look. Enough that I don't really want to look into adjusting that. But legs have proven more difficult. Specifically the right leg. Some have told me that leg is fine as a starting point, but a few have also said that the leg is too thin and/or lanky as well. Every time I've tried to thicken, shorten and lengthen the leg, it just comes out looking even worse than before.

Any thoughts and suggestions on that leg especially?

Alright, due to real life events, I have lost alot of muse as of late for drawing, at least at specific times. So I figured I would post up an image of my current project. It's mostly done, I would just need to adjust some of the lines and work on shading, but the basics for the piece are now done. Looking better the last attempts:

407562fdb6bafa14bb3e89044b5c5219.jpg

Welp, I've had a slow down in muse regarding my current drawing project. So I figured that I would mess around with a rough sketch of a species I have been working on for a while now.

Meet the Nyxdai.

c62d03c2da8c269070d8e7789805829e.jpg

Long story short, the Nyxdai are essentially metal armoured space raptors. :naughty:

Furthermore, they have a culture that could be considered a blend of that of the Vikings and that of the Scottish Clans to boot. They resemble Halo's Elites save for some physical differences, but they also draw alot of inspiration from the likes of Destiny's Fallen, Mass Effect's Turians and even a fan-species from Starbound, the Avali. But I am working to make the Nyxdai as original as possible.

It's only a rough sketch, but it helps get a few ideas together. Hopefully I will develop the Nyxdai further down the line.

Let me know what you think, I'm curious.

And I finally finished my currently little drawing project.

747b3e68f4956f1e4376c272ac1e3d94.jpg

I was going to do a fancier background, but in the end rather than trying that, I decided to simply draw an icon and trying out a shading trick for said icon and putting on a more pronounced border than previously. I also went ahead and tried a few new things by opting for a better attempt at drawing out a humanoid body, more pronounced shading and blended in highlights to try and add a more subtle lighting effect. As well as a different choice of outfit.

Kinda chuffed that the Ying-Yang Wolf came out as well as it did actually.

Well, I've been trying something more experimental for the last few days. Namely that I would draw a base for a character, then draw different outfits around them. I've also messed around with my art style, drawing a little bit of inspiration from other artists whilst trying a few ideas myself. Namely sticking to thinner lines and more exaggerated shading whilst also opting to go for something a little bit neater than what I would normally do.

So, here's is the shaded version of the first of these variants (may update with small changes later):

f42fa2e81bf0bc5fa16a4579ef3a4586.jpg

And here is the unshaded version (will update to incorperate the background for good measure).

1622882638349.jpeg

Well, posting it here is a bit late, but I figured I would do a little Straight Ally avatar. It's not finished yet, but the basics are there.

1625092213.stolenmadwolf_webp_net-resizeimage_23_.jpg

Well, this is probably the last Kili piece I do for a while, since I figured it was about time I check out something different later on down the line. But I've been working on this for about a week now.

So this is basically the same wolf again, just combing all the different technicques, tricks, ideas and inspirations I've tried and checked out over the last year, including working on my own art approach with thin lines, eggerated shading in places and using some anime style features. Plus the subtle backgrounds, border and gradient effect.

And here is the result:

Webp.net-resizeimage28.jpg

So yeah, compared to what I originally started with, I've really liking this piece and how well it's come together.

Now admittedly, I did cheat a little bit by using a program called JustSketchMe, which basically serves as a digital version of atanomy dolls that artists would use to work out poses, which I used alongside my previous art as a reference (with a little bit of tracing to get the torso done right, since it has remained my menance). But the rest is pretty much all my hand.

Like I said, I'm really liking how this came out! Might do a regular background version down the line too.

In addition, I also figured I would put a little collage together for the past year of drawing just to show my progress.

Well, it's been a year since I got started with getting some digital art put together, so it only made sense to put it together as a college to show the progress I have made:

Webp.net-resizeimage29.jpg

Definitely liking that progress since I started!

Well, after struggling with an perfectionist-based art block for the last few weeks, I finally managed to get started again with some fresh art.

So, deciding to change up from straight up wolves, I figured I would go for some kind of biomutant. Admittedly, wolves are the inital template, but I'm also opting for a few new ideas as well.

419b6c65a206df28aaec499b1e97d32c.jpg

There is more to add elsewhere on this piece, namely the different morphs that this particular character, still unnamed, is going to have.

Figured I'd offer a further glimpse of what I'm looking at. I was originally going to throw together a bunch of different headshots and body angles on the same sheet. But I also had a pose saved in my files that I was going to use for a different piece. Since the head on this piece is going well, I figured I might as well merge said head with that pose and go from there.

addf75710c2d70f40e7fa0aa7631a93a.jpg

Just trying to work out how best to do the chest fur. Also got to learn how to make those arms look somewhat reptilian. Also decided to shade in the eyes again.

Well, I spent much of today focused on this piece today. I don't want to lose that initative I have with getting back into my art groove and end up stuck back in limbo again. Started work on the details and colours for Lyall here. Might have over done in it in areas, but I didn't want just plain colours on their own.

So yeah, here is what I've come up with.
Lyall_Base.jpg

Just need to neaten up the details, do the shading, then finally add in the background.

Alright, other than a little bit of touch up on some of the lines, I think this piece is done.

Lyall_V1.jpg

Feeling quite chuffed with this piece actually.

Well, before I move on to the likes of a 90's robot dinosaur redesign, I figured I would opt for to try and learn how to draw a cat face. And do things from a fresh angle as well.

090921Ask2.jpg

The body is looking good, but I'm not sure on that face just yet.

Back
Top Bottom