What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions

I see that both Roleplaying and Quest are on same forum.

Can we split them to Roleplaying forum and Quest forum while still fresh?

I remember I once went to rp thread thinking it was an quest thread on Spacebattles.

I see that both Roleplaying and Quest are on same forum.

Can we split them to Roleplaying forum and Quest forum while still fresh?

I remember I once went to rp thread thinking it was an quest thread on Spacebattles.

Oh, hello Kanata!

What's your reasoning?

Oh, hello Kanata!

What's your reasoning?

Hello to you.

Basically, back then in SB, some people were had a hard time whether a thread is roleplaying or questing, me included. Some people proposed to separate them into two forums: Roleplayings and Quests.

Sure, it's way too early with little RP and Quest threads, but it's a good idea to keep in mind when many threads booming here.

Last edited:
Oh, hello Kanata!

What's your reasoning?
Roleplaying and Quests attract a different kind of people as it requires a different amount of effort in order to participate, and splitting those up into a separate thread my allow people to easily find the content they are looking for.
Also, it is still relatively easy to do so as the forum is still relatively young, and there aren't that many threads to actually move, so it isn't a logistical nightmare.
I assume you want to attract more people to this forum, and this quality of life changes are easier to be done early on, later on it wouldn't be worth the trouble with potentially hundreds of threads SB have for example.
You may also want to split artwork and music as those are separate things.
It is not necessary per se, but if you want to divide everything neatly into strict subcategories at all, it is better to start early on.
Also, may want to split between fanfiction and original fiction. It is not strictly necessary, but as I said, moving threads is easier early on, it will not be trouble either.
I think those 6 categories pretty much cover all the content you probably want to have on this forum.

Something to consider in the future. Though I very much like the idea one day of splitting the Quest and RP forum into two separate forum when there's sufficient activity to justify. For fanfiction and original fiction probably not unless we get alot of original fiction writers and fans.

Not going to lie, I have no idea what he difference is supposed to be.

Guess I am just too old, and used to RPGs (the non-exploding kind... mostly) varying from multi-year campaigns to one-off sessions. This concept that they are two distinct things seems quite silly.

Something to consider in the future. Though I very much like the idea one day of splitting the Quest and RP forum into two separate forum when there's sufficient activity to justify. For fanfiction and original fiction probably not unless we get alot of original fiction writers and fans.
Agreed. The forum isn't large enough yet to justify CURRENT levels of subdivision, let alone new ones.

Not going to lie, I have no idea what he difference is supposed to be.

Guess I am just too old, and used to RPGs (the non-exploding kind... mostly) varying from multi-year campaigns to one-off sessions. This concept that they are two distinct things seems quite silly.
Same here, honestly.

Agreed. The forum isn't large enough yet to justify CURRENT levels of subdivision, let alone new ones.
The forum may be too small to justify any level of subdivision, but that isn't really a reason for not having several different sections. Unless Xon charges you per subdivision, that is.

Think of it this way: when this board finally reaches the size that will justify the subdivision, it will become too difficult to implement as there would be simply too many threads to move, and you can just as well say f*** it it worked without subdivision until now so why change it.

Yes, making the changes is work - but what else do you want to do with all those cool moderator powers on this board? There aren't enough people to oppress anyway. You may as well as create witty sections for the heck of it.

By the way, if you create a completely empty category, someone will certainly make content just to be first :p

Guess I am just too old, and used to RPGs (the non-exploding kind... mostly) varying from multi-year campaigns to one-off sessions.
Rocket Propelled Grenades are useful for any campaign.

Rocket Propelled Grenades are useful for any campaign.
Even when playing pen and paper games! ;)

Except for that time that I brought the Tarrasque to WWII Earth. Even taking away SR (sort of, there was no magic to resist or reflect) and the Wish requirement to kill it for good, that thing was tough for the party to kill with command of the military forces. RPGs didn't do shit, but that is to be expected when fantasy Godzilla shows up and can just regenerate entire battleship salvos in a few seconds.

But otherwise I agree, so you get your like.

This is more a what-if question than a suggestion, but if someone asked to make an unlisted fiction section, will you guys make it?

This is more a what-if question than a suggestion, but if someone asked to make an unlisted fiction section, will you guys make it?
I'm not sure what that is. If it's a logged-in-users-only subforum of Stories, then... I suppose, if there's a demand for it.
If it involves some additional functionality, please clarify.

So, both SB and SV now have this customizable banner feature. Is that a possibility for FIC sometime in the future? I realize its not really a suggestion for quality of life, and is just a frivolous bit of frippery.
But I find I like the personalized nature regardless.

I've been out of both SB and SV for so long that I'm not aware of this. Like, a banner for a Profile Page?

Or something like my sig? Because we already have that.

I'm down for a customizable profile page though.

I've been out of both SB and SV for so long that I'm not aware of this. Like, a banner for a Profile Page?

Or something like my sig? Because we already have that.

I'm down for a customizable profile page though.
Heh, why not, as long as it doesn't take too much effort for our beloved and venerated admin.

Allow tacky oversized gifs in our sig like back in the golden age of forums

So, both SB and SV now have this customizable banner feature. Is that a possibility for FIC sometime in the future? I realize its not really a suggestion for quality of life, and is just a frivolous bit of frippery.
But I find I like the personalized nature regardless.
Quite belated, but should now work from the Account Details in your profile.

Back
Top Bottom