What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Carbonite Cafe Genre Painting V1

I resent that statement. I'm not far-right, I'm far-left and an anarchist. I'm somewhere between Kropotkin and Chomsky on the political compass. My friction with SB and SV doesn't come from being more left-wing or right-wing than they are. Rather, I'm simply anti-authoritarian and anti-establishment, whereas most of SB and SV are authoritarian and damn near royalist.

People forget, but the left was more broadly anti-authoritarian back in the day. Somewhere along the line, something changed. Sometime during this last recession, people got it into their head that greed and corporatism were good, that being placed under perpetual government surveillance was tolerable, and that undeclared wars and unfettered imperialism were respectable and humane. Those illusions must be shattered.
Anarchy doesnt work large scale. You need a government with a monopoly on force to enforce the rules, otherwise it all goes to shit as warlords, terroists, and other scumbags rape, murder, and pillage as they please.

Anarchy doesnt work large scale. You need a government with a monopoly on force to enforce the rules, otherwise it all goes to shit as warlords, terroists, and other scumbags rape, murder, and pillage as they please.
Even better, let the laws of nature separate the strong from the weak, for only the worthy shall live in the promised land!

Even better, let the laws of nature separate the strong from the weak, for only the worthy shall live in the promised land!
Well, I'm tempted to agree with you, but I'm sure I would get really bored all by myself :)

You know, the more I think about it, the more I believe that @bluepencil will have to make a new version. Think about it for a minute, you have two cats, a nice, pretty, comfortable sofa and… zero scratching post. Clearly a new sofa will be needed soon ;)

Not sure how happy the alien head mounted on the wall is about his situation... just saying.
Looks more like he's crawling out of a ventilation duct in the ceiling. They're prone to that sort of behavior after all.

I'm in the middle of V2 right now, but there's still room enough in V1 for a few more characters. And there's still that unused screen.

I'm not sure if Most Messages and Most Likes have a cutoff limit. Thus, I'll need a list of members by descending orders of Messages/Likes. The other way to get there is by request, but I'll be looking again by the 15th for the people to fix as regulars in the scene.

It's all fun and games until you find out that while you where out smashing cars or something, someone else just happened to decide your house needed a molotov cocktail or two thrown through the windows, or until the breakdown of civil order means that suddenly you lack basic necessities like electricity, due to someone destroying the nearby power substation, or lack of clean water due to someone causing damage to the local infrastructure and nobody being willing or able to fix it.

I've always felt that in a true disaster or mass civil uprising or something that leaves both a large number of people dead and widespread damage, people that promote anarchy or burning it all down would probably in many cases have the most trouble surviving, at least in the short term.

Man man man. Do I wanna be in that pic, alongside Baron Steakpuncher and everyone else!!

But I know I'm not necessarily the most prolific poster here.

*cries*

Man man man. Do I wanna be in that pic, alongside Baron Steakpuncher and everyone else!!

But I know I'm not necessarily the most prolific poster here.

*cries*
Hey, a lot would like it, just think of it as normal if you are not and a quite nice surprise if you are :)

But post what? Story chapters aren't easy to pump out and shitposting is an art form...
Comments.
Comment on news, comment on other users' posts. The world isn't only made of story chapters and shitposts, you know.

Roomier! Wider! More places to sit!

V2 PROJECT IS A GO.

While I work on painting the background, use this prelim sketch to prepare to assign who goes where. It ain't my job to decide who's worthy of being included. :p

Ask for modifications as to what the room should look like now. The theme is that of a sublight generational colony ship hurtling through space. Since I'm not very enthused about trying to figure out what to put into the shelves on the right side of the picture, I'm open to replacing that wall section entirely.

Go on then, add to the verisimilitude of the Carbonite Cafe!

Back
Top Bottom