What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Carbonite Cafe V2 PROJECT

added @CrimsonVizier . Now it's only @beast_regards annoyingly complex avatar left... (shakes fist)
I told you that you can simplify the drawing as much as you see fit ;)
Anyway, your work is appreciated.
By the way, where do you host the pictures so I can't see them on work computer?

I told you that you can simplify the drawing as much as you see fit ;)
Anyway, your work is appreciated.
By the way, where do you host the pictures so I can't see them on work computer?
(blink)
I don't quite understand this sentence. Do you mean you can't see them in the thread or do you not want to see them? :unsure:

It's just hosted on Dropbox.

I agree with this person!
My laziness concurs with this. My greed is saying I can charge more for edits. :p

Suggestion, if it is really needed to show that Zeno was banned, put him in a fishbowl next to Celene ?
Same issue of having to delete and redraw and recolor anyway, so it saves me no time compared to what @Lord Inquisitor Adornable is saying. The advantage is that I won't have to delete and redraw @Sarcobite's avatar too.

Last edited:
I look Fabulous.

and heh I actually have a Midriff shirt like that.

Update:
coffeeshop-V2-BG-chars-all-10.jpg

• @beast_regards is done! (shakes fist). Added @Rabe to the computer screen I just remembered was behind @Lord Inquisitor Adornable .
  • From here on it's mostly cleanup and corrections and color refinement and adding text to signs.
  • Last chance for edits, doods.

• @beast_regards is done! (shakes fist). Added @Rabe to the computer screen I just remembered was behind @Lord Inquisitor Adornable .
  • From here on it's mostly cleanup and corrections and color refinement and adding text to signs.
  • Last chance for edits, doods.
Thank you! Much appreciated! Sadly, I can't show you more appreciation other than this post.

Is there anyway we could get some sort of key to know who everyone is? Some us can figure it out, but considering that people change their avatars and that not everyone is familiar with who all the avatars correspond to it would be nice to have some sort of key. Just something simple like a separate image with the characters numbered and a list of who each numbered character is would work.
There will be two versions, one with names overhead like from an MMO and one without.

Or I could just put a text box on the bottom-right, hmm.

Update:
coffeeshop-V2-prefinal-1.jpg

Higher contrast:
coffeeshop-V2-prefinal-2.jpg

• How's that saying go? Oh, right. FUKKEN DONE.

Unfortunately, just as I was about to post this, power went out for the neighborhood. Did the fukken transformer blow again? :mad: This is why I am a solarboy.

But it's night-time! :sick:

[edit] Okay power's back on. Whew no need to turn on the generator. Can do some realtime edits, hit me with all the changes you want me to make.

Anyways, let me know who wanted their character turned into an avatar again. I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Two things now that I remember.

Firstly that third cat is supposed to be @Chatokay so he'll need a redesign. Secondly I think I need a waffle iron behind the counter. Thirdly I like the yule log but it's not Christmas anymore :(

Two things now that I remember.

Firstly that third cat is supposed to be @Chatokay so he'll need a redesign. Secondly I think I need a waffle iron behind the counter. Thirdly I like the yule log but it's not Christmas anymore :(
1) Just let me know what and I'll make edits and add @Chatokay to the list. 31 characters now. [edit] Oh, gray cat. All right.
2) Waffle iron, understood. (y)
3) Yule log, not understood. :unsure: What are you talking about?

Man this is even better than the last one.
There's 50% more pixel area and 100% more peeps. :whistle:

Last edited:
3) Yule log, not understood. :p What are you talking about?
The food infront of Aaron appears to be a seasonal Christmas food calles a yule log. They're like a Hostess HoHo or a little Debbie's Swiss roll, but commonly made with spice cake instead of chocolate.

The food infront of Aaron appears to be a seasonal Christmas food calles a yule log. They're like a Hostess HoHo or a little Debbie's Swiss roll, but commonly made with spice cake instead of chocolate.
Yeah, I did not know cultural things like that.

It's an ube roll. :p

Last edited:
It is done.
Update:
coffeeshop-V2-prefinal-3.jpg
coffeeshop-V2-prefinal-3a.jpg

• Changed @Rabe's computronic avatar, added more stuff behind the counter.
  • Added @Chatokay
  • Changed numbering of members list.
Thank you @Lord Inquisitor Adornable and @bluepencil :)
Just a thought, wouldn't the names box be best placed at the top right of the picture ?
Negative space is also useful. Moving the bright text box up to the roof means that the eye no longer follows the curve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom