What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Carbonite Cafe V2 PROJECT

What is V2?

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
spacecoffeeshop-chars-prefinal3a.png

What is V1? It's the the little Community Mural that @Lord Inquisitor Adornable commissioned to celebrate FiC having more than 200 members. The theme is that of a coffee shop inside a sublight generation ship hurtling through space. Unfortunately only so few prominent posters could be included.

There's still some room to add a couple more people - that black wall screen for example. Maybe some small objects to reference their avatars here and there. However, demand vastly overcomes the limited volume in the scene.

And that is why instead of completing the scene we are moving into the V2 Project.

coffeeshop-V2-BG-lines1.png

Larger! Wider! 16:9 instead of 16:10! More chairs to sit in!

Note that I am not responsible for choosing who gets to sit in. This thread is for updates and modifications as requested. If you've been chosen to sit into V2, your representation in the image will likely be based on your avatar unless specified.

Possible layout
Here is a possible layout for V2, though I feel it may be a bit too full to be comfy.

coffeeshop-V2-BG-lines1-possible.png

This thing is going to take a long-ass time to complete. Like how a cathedral is a multi-generational project, this will probably be completed in stages.

I'm not going to work on the figures until we've settled who goes where. If you're going to appear, you might get a verification PM to come here and finalize instructions about your appearance.

1) First you must get vetted/suggested to appear in the picture.
(Or you donate in order to appear because money talks louder than post history lol)

2) Then you tell me where you can still fit and in what pose.

3) Then you support me by giving me more Dropbox space by signing up via my referral link and installing and running the Dropbox app at least once. :p
(Seriously, this thing is going to take up so many layers, which means a huge working file, and my dropbox is getting kinda full.)

Staff members @Horton @Alias @Widowmaker @Celene and myself get first picks on location.

Sacrobite is in the tempban terrarium to stage right, besides that everyone who was featured in the last draft is guaranteed a spot on this one. After they decide on their representation and location we'll evaluate our vacant real estate and auction It off to other posters who would like to be included.

@IndyFront @sneakykitten @Realmfighter @Rodyle @Vyor @TheHappyVampire @JUSTSOMEALIN @Aaron Fox @The Dark God @ScreenXSurfer @Mark Poe @Heresy

You all should be thinking about your preferred placement and representation. I'll tag you all again when we're ready to take descriptions.

Here is a possible layout for V2, though I feel it may be a bit too full to be comfy.

coffeeshop-V2-BG-lines1-possible.png

This thing is going to take a long-ass time to complete. Like how a cathedral is a multi-generational project, this will probably be completed in stages.

I'm not going to work on the figures until we've settled who goes where. If you're going to appear, you might get a verification PM to come here and finalize instructions about your appearance.

1) First you must get vetted/suggested to appear in the picture.
(Or you donate in order to appear because money talks louder than post history lol)

2) Then you tell me where you can still fit and in what pose.

3) Then you support me by giving me more Dropbox space by signing up via my referral link and installing and running the Dropbox app at least once. :p
(Seriously, this thing is going to take up so many layers, which means a huge working file, and my dropbox is getting kinda full.)

Holy aweseom sauce batmannnnnn!!!!!!!!! Dear lord my attention span is shit

Given that my cock drawing was based on a colored painting, the coloring of the previous version was surprisingly on point. There's a white patch on the cock on its chest (right below the neck) and the part where the tail feathers begin. As for the placement I'm generally fine with anywhere.

Given that my cock drawing was based on a colored painting, the coloring of the previous version was surprisingly on point. There's a white patch on the cock on its chest (right below the neck) and the part where the tail feathers begin. As for the placement I'm generally fine with anywhere.
So that one was not a cock-up?

Staff members @Horton @Alias @Widowmaker @Celene and myself get first picks on location.

Sacrobite is in the tempban terrarium to stage right, besides that everyone who was featured in the last draft is guaranteed a spot on this one. After they decide on their representation and location we'll evaluate our vacant real estate and auction It off to other posters who would like to be included.

@IndyFront @sneakykitten @Realmfighter @Rodyle @Vyor @TheHappyVampire @JUSTSOMEALIN @Aaron Fox @The Dark God @ScreenXSurfer @Mark Poe @Heresy

You all should be thinking about your preferred placement and representation. I'll tag you all again when we're ready to take descriptions.
But im not temp banned anymore

You know I thought that cylinder shaped container in the right corner was going to be a character.

I could be the cylinder if you like.
Or you donate in order to appear because money talks louder than post history lol)
Do you accept TF2 crates with no keys?

Is that a nou-...? Oooh.

Wait, it is a proper noun. That's a thing now. How is it different from Patreon?

Yeah, I kinda like this better. Just finished registering. Some things don't really require a monthly commitment.

https://www.ko-fi.com/bluepencil

Thanks for letting me know about these, guys.
So, how high would a bride support be to get onto that image? Just out of curiosity.... :sneaky:

So, how high would a bride support be to get onto that image? Just out of curiosity.... :sneaky:
One Super Crown? :p

my current avatar is complicated. But also happens to be my personal OC, is it valid for being represented in this? :)
Hmm. Well is it roughly human-sized?

Assuming it's a cobra head on a human body, probably could go on (7) or (21) or (22). But if we're talking X-COM2 snekwoman size, you would probably end up behind Widowmaker (18) on the couch.

Last edited:
Technically you're bribing the wrong starving artist. Blue isn't getting paid if this doesn't meet my specifications.

One Super Crown? :p

Hmm. Well is it roughly human-sized?

Assuming it's a cobra head on a human body, probably could go on (7) or (21) or (22). But if we're talking X-COM2 snekwoman size, you would probably end up behind Widowmaker (18) on the couch.
Well generally is is depicted as a naga. so it's more closer to say, Xcom Snakes

Technically you're bribing the wrong starving artist. Blue isn't getting paid if this doesn't meet my specifications.

5 Mann Co. Supply Crates.

unless your located in the Netherlands or Belgium which banned crates then I offer my entire TF2 inventory
which is like 4 non-crate items and more crates

Last edited:

Location?

In any case, thinking of where to put my lady.

Back
Top Bottom