What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Division 2

Anonasaurus Rex

So curious if anyone else is playing it. Its weird cause Ive been to D.C. and seeing the Mall in ruins is pretty creepy. Getting into a firefight in spots that I walked and bought overpriced food is surreal, It also affirms my hatred of anarchists as well.

So curious if anyone else is playing it. Its weird cause Ive been to D.C. and seeing the Mall in ruins is pretty creepy. Getting into a firefight in spots that I walked and bought overpriced food is surreal, It also affirms my hatred of anarchists as well.
I've seen videos of it and it's not my type of tea as it were.

... and let the hatred of anarchists flow through you./s Then again, the entire series started because an eco-terrorist decided to carry out his ideology so... yeah...

'l just hit 16 last night. I'm surprised Chessia isnt on here raving about. She must loce to see D.C. in such a state 0.
I went from level 6 to Level 12 in 2 hours of playing with my buddy lol. Normalisation is fun and while i got rekt so freaking hard at least i wasn't shooting ineffectually.

My buddy: "Yeah you gotta play tactically and use cover and don't be too aggressive like me."

Proceeds to charge a pack of enemies and mow them down and then got blindsided and rekt

"Yeah see that? Really don't play like that."

"ok i gotchu fam"

I am really liking this game, it feels more alive and vibrant than NYC and the level design is a lot more interesting than DIvision 1; i play the story missions and then i want to replay them again so i can observe things and explore. Division 1 felt kinda cold and boring and samey in the level design.

Also apparently the stronghold missions are just as good and awesome as UN General Assemlby, so i'm looking forward to that.

I went from level 6 to Level 12 in 2 hours of playing with my buddy lol. Normalisation is fun and while i got rekt so freaking hard at least i wasn't shooting ineffectually.

My buddy: "Yeah you gotta play tactically and use cover and don't be too aggressive like me."

Proceeds to charge a pack of enemies and mow them down and then got blindsided and rekt

"Yeah see that? Really don't play like that."

"ok i gotchu fam"

I am really liking this game, it feels more alive and vibrant than NYC and the level design is a lot more interesting than DIvision 1; i play the story missions and then i want to replay them again so i can observe things and explore. Division 1 felt kinda cold and boring and samey in the level design.

Also apparently the stronghold missions are just as good and awesome as UN General Assemlby, so i'm looking forward to that.
You play on PS4 or what? Im looking for people to play with.

'l just hit 16 last night. I'm surprised Chessia isnt on here raving about. She must loce to see D.C. in such a state 0.
I do, but Ubisoft are such libcucks and I'm not a fan of the pro-secret police narrative.

"Apolitical Civil War" is a dumb meme.

Wow, you really are a shitty person. But that's a surprise to no one
You're the one enjoying a game where you're extra-judiciously killing people as a member of a secret police unit during a second American Civil War uncritically telling yourself it's wholly apolitical.

D12nozXUwAAckij
D1v6NLRU8AAbDXs

D1x5xFXUwAAsQab

Also I don't know that I think a bigot like you gets to be the arbiter of decency. Lest we forget:
2098 2099

Last edited:
You're the one enjoying a game where you're extra-judiciously killing people as a member of a secret police unit during a second American Civil War uncritically telling yourself it's wholly apolitical.

D12nozXUwAAckij
D1v6NLRU8AAbDXs

D1x5xFXUwAAsQab

Also I don't know that I think a bigot like you gets to be the arbiter of decency. Lest we forget:
View attachment 2098View attachment 2099
View attachment 2100
Ahhh the whole "I don't have a retort so Ill resort to personal attacks from another site" stay classy.

Ahhh the whole "I don't have a retort so Ill resort to personal attacks from another site" stay classy.
I mean that's literally what you did, I merely returned the favor. My statement was I would enjoy a game with a backdrop of fighting in a war torn America during a Second Civil War and then I contextualized my distaste for The Division 2 by saying that unfortunately Ubisoft doesn't want to seriously engage in the subject matter in a critical and interesting way while insisting their Fascist secret-police shooter is apolitical. Don't be a hypocrite.

D12nozXUwAAckij

I just want to point out that this image is from the True Sons prison, and they're most definitely fascist and the bad guys, and none of the people on the player's side are spouting off this sort of rhethoric.

Idk, maybe I'm seeing things differently since, yanno, I'm the asian person of color from the SEA jungle, but I never got the impression that the True Sons were portrayed sympathetically. What little of the story that exists makes the point that the True Sons were being hard men making hard decisions while being hard for themselves, and they most certainly made things worse by their mutiny weakening the JTF and further destabilising DC (and it's all but said that Ridgeway is responsible for creating the Outcasts with the Roosevelt Island quarantine). If anything, I feel that the True Sons are a repudiation of the hard men ideal (especially when you look at them and realise their ranks are basically filled with JTF mutineers as cadre and those survivalist/military LARPer types as grunts).

Also, don't get me wrong, the idea of sleeper agents embedded in the populace being activated for crisis with full freedom to extrajudicially kill anybody, with very little in the way of oversight or control, is pretty sketchy and and more than a little facist (I remember Paul Rhodes from the first game repeatedly calling out the problems with the Division as a concept).

Also IMO The Division 2 is both political and apolitical. It kinda depends on how you define the term "political." A more nuanced view, imo, is to say that The Division 2 has its own political themes, and is apolitical towards current issues in the news cycle.

It's definitely got political themes going on, and the storyline is fairly political thriller, especially once you get to World Tier 4 and get that side mission and get a peek into the machinations going on away from the gunfights. (tl;dr: various parties took exploited the crisis to position themselves to execute a coup and usurp the reigns of government, the same parties who're bankrolling Black Tusk's operations in DC.)

On the other hand, it's not engaging or expressing the current events or the political issues that are such hot potatoes and causes célèbre in the US at this time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom