What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Domestics (2018) is my new favorite Post-Apocalypse Movie

The Director

So anybody else see this crazy amazing movie yet? It's like the Mad Max-style cult classic for the New Tens- it is by far the most quotable movie I've seen in years, has the best lunatic custome design I've seen since Mad Max Fury Road + a very Tarantino-esque soundtrack and Lance Reddick plays the patriarch of a family of upper middle class folk who run (in the RTJ sense) last Supermarché in post-Chemtrail Wisconsin! Seriously, it's pretty awesome actually. Also, figured that misleading fake spoilers would be fun. It's actually got chemtrails on top of climate change induced mass die-offs, economic collapse, military dictatorship in the USA, radioactive solar flare induced EMP, civil war and lots of plagues.

Last edited:
Well, any 'post-apoc' movie is going to be requiring immense amounts of disbelief because the most likely apocalypse is a nuclear or biological one. Usually preceded by an initiator event like post-oil.

Well, any 'post-apoc' movie is going to be requiring immense amounts of disbelief because the most likely apocalypse is a nuclear or biological one. Usually preceded by an initiator event like post-oil.
One of the reasons I liked this movie as much as I did is because it manages to combine the over-the-top Mad Max version of the apocalypse with The Road style realistic bleakness far better than any movie I've ever seen. For instance, the only civilian cars that ever seem to operable in the movie are the kind of boxy designs that would survive an EMP IRL (the only exception being a State Police cruiser which was presumably in a shielded garage when the SHTF) which implies the chemtrails at the beginning were just what took it over the edge, along with the various bits and pieces of dialog that mention other issues (like resource depletion and climate change) contributing to an environment where the animals died off before we did, in the words of Lance Reddick's character.

Never heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom