What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The first Neuralink Chip has been implanted into a Human Brain.

Aetherius

Author
While browsing, i´ve just saw that Neuralink has implanted the first Neuralink Chip has been implanted into a Human Brain.

Le Shrug. With Musk, it's usually a lot of hype and not much innovation, I just tend to ignore the attention-seeker.
well, it comes with the extra baggage of them butchering monkeys wholesale during "research", triggering ethics investigation, and of course I'm sure they gave negative fucks about how long the implant will work, or all the well known other known issues with brain implants that going to prop up in a few years' time....

well, it comes with the extra baggage of them butchering monkeys wholesale during "research", triggering ethics investigation, and of course I'm sure they gave negative fucks about how long the implant will work, or all the well known other known issues with brain implants that going to prop up in a few years' time....
The other thing to take into account are that the success is all according to comments by Muskrat. The guy is a perpetual bullshit machine.

You know, like how all but one Tesla vehicle launch has come years later than originally announced. Or how Autopilot and Full Self Driving are not an expensive alpha test program, and that they will soon be really really good despite all the current crashes.

Or how he insists he isn't a raving antisemite despite, you know, all the posts he made or liked about the perfidy of the Jews.

The other thing to take into account are that the success is all according to comments by Muskrat. The guy is a perpetual bullshit machine.

You know, like how all but one Tesla vehicle launch has come years later than originally announced. Or how Autopilot and Full Self Driving are not an expensive alpha test program, and that they will soon be really really good despite all the current crashes.

Or how he insists he isn't a raving antisemite despite, you know, all the posts he made or liked about the perfidy of the Jews.
Should I bring the revolutionary transportation concept, Hyperloop?

Things like a Utah-Array, yeah, sure. But, we are talking about those Neuralink-Chips here.
I may remind you about the Monkey playing Pong with his Brain.
The Neuralink is not much different, fundamentally speaking, from a Utah Array. It still requires a craniotomy and the resection of the dura, which is highly invasive and compromises the sterile environment of the brain. No one in their right mind would have this surgery done unless they had a medical condition that necessitated it, as with similar interfaces in the past. That means serious conditions like paraplegia, quadriplegia, locked-in syndrome, blindness, et cetera. Getting one just for entertainment or productivity purposes, as originally advertised, is something of a non-starter, and the FDA would have a conniption fit over it.

DARPA are busy working on wireless and non-invasive BCI tech that uses nanoparticles that migrate into the brain across the blood-brain barrier, which is similarly sketchy, but not quite as sketchy as cutting a hole in someone's skull and implanting an induction-powered puck there, which puts a limited-lifespan and potentially flammable lithium-ion battery right next to your brain.

Back
Top Bottom