What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Adventure(s?) (OPEN) (IC)

Suddenly, Khosrow was knocked back to reality, quite literally.

He felt a pain in his head as he woke up, and saw Orisa's very concerned face looking at him.

"Hey, are you alright?" She asked. "You seem like you're about to die or something. All shivering and muttering random words out of nowhere."
Khosrow turns his face away from her, closing his eyes as he slowly taking deep breaths and breathes out. His heart rate is slowing down and the anxiety is diminishing.

"No, I'm not fine. I just," he pauses for a moment, taking another deep breath, "...I just don't like flying. I hate flying. Just leave me alone for a moment."

Last edited:
'I'm not sure if birds ever fly like this machine, missy. Yes, I have heard of machines; the Yuishan sailors talked about them. Though I don't think even they could make something this odd; a flying machine made of metal. How are we staying aloft, madam?" Jeffrey asked the woman who brought them here.

"The machine uses air pressure and the thrust from the jets to maintain lift. Although I don't think you would understand what I just said earlier." Emily replied via the booming voice throughout the ship. "People spend their lives back where I came from maintaining and making sure these things work. It's quite complicated. Not to mention the spaceflight capabilities of this dropship as well."

Khosrow turns his face away from her, closing his eyes as he slowly taking deep breaths and breathes out. His heart rate is slowing down and the anxiety is diminishing.

"No, I'm not fine. I just," he pauses for a moment, taking another deep breath, "...I just don't like flying. I hate flying. Just leave me alone for a moment."

Orisa just nodded her head and went back to sitting besides him.

It was a quiet couple of minutes, a couple of quiet minutes that was interrupted by Emily suddenly emerging out of another compartment of the machine and walking towards Khosrow.

"You had a dream, didn't you?" She asked. "Is it scary? it might be some kind of prophecy related dream."

Orisa just nodded her head and went back to sitting besides him.

It was a quiet couple of minutes, a couple of quiet minutes that was interrupted by Emily suddenly emerging out of another compartment of the machine and walking towards Khosrow.
Lethargic feeling engulfs him as soon as he is out of his anxiety attack, resting his forehead on the shaft of his swordstaff once more. While Khosrow appreciates Orisa's concerns for him, this is something most people, including her, do not understand how to deal with. Besides, this is not the first time he has anxiety attack and he can handle this by himself.

He needs to handle this by himself.

The sounds of a mechanical door slides into the wall and follows by footsteps echoing in the flying metal ship's compartment area. Khosrow takes a side glance at the sounds' origins and he rolls his eyes, irritated once he finds out the identity of the person approaching him.

Ugh, that bitch. What does she wants this time?

"You had a dream, didn't you?" She asked. "Is it scary? it might be some kind of prophecy related dream."
"Would you call it a dream if you're still awake?" Khosrow says, still resting his forehead upon his swordstaff's shaft, refusing to make eye contact with the woman who recently claimed herself as an Archangel. Not the same as the three Archangels from ancient times but still... It still rubs him the wrong way.

"Would you call it a dream if you're still awake?" Khosrow says, still resting his forehead upon his swordstaff's shaft, refusing to make eye contact with the woman who recently claimed herself as an Archangel. Not the same as the three Archangels from ancient times but still... It still rubs him the wrong way.

"I would call it a daydream actually." Emily said, looking at Khosrow through her cerulean eyes. "Perhaps I might be wrong, but if you want to, I can take you back to my facility and do a more thorough analysis of you. It seems that you may have something that can seriously hamper your performance."

"We are only 30 minutes away from the forest, so you better make the decision fast."

"I would call it a daydream actually." Emily said, looking at Khosrow through her cerulean eyes. "Perhaps I might be wrong, but if you want to, I can take you back to my facility and do a more thorough analysis of you. It seems that you may have something that can seriously hamper your performance."

"We are only 30 minutes away from the forest, so you better make the decision fast."

"Do what you think is best, Khosrow," Jeffrey interjected. "We're going to be in some bad scraps after this and I'd like us all to survive till the end."

Khosrow's gloved hands tightens around the swordstaff's shaft, his fingers slightly tremble with rage as soon as he hears the first sentence from the supposed "Archangel". Did she just patronizing him? Looking down on Khosrow and immediately thinking he is a liability to her "prophecy" just because he was having an anxiety attack?

Did she subtly insulted him just because he could not control himself from being overwhelmed by his own fear? Letting his own guard down and reduced himself to a miserable, vulnerable state?

He feels like he wants to punch this arrogant woman in the face so bad.

"Daydream usually implies laziness, inefficacy and childish," he says in an austere, hushed tone. Anger is steadily rising within the battlemage. "Did you imply it that way regarding me in your mind?"

"Do what you think is best, Khosrow," Jeffrey interjected. "We're going to be in some bad scraps after this and I'd like us all to survive till the end."
"Maybe..." While Khosrow is still resting his forehead on the swordstaff, he tilts his head a little, allowing him to slightly face the woman standing next to him, glaring at her through his brown eyes.

"I wonder if Emily here shares the same sentiment as you do, Jeffrey," he says in a low, flat yet venomous tone, referring to the supposed "Archangel" before him.

"Daydream usually implies laziness, inefficacy and childish," he says in an austere, hushed tone. Anger is steadily rising within the battlemage. "Did you imply it that way regarding me in your mind?"

"No, I meant Day Dream." She replied, spacing out her words. "As in, you're dreaming while you are awake. I am not sure about any implications within your society, so I am sorry if my words cause you offense."

She respectfully bowed her head towards Khosrow before standing back up again.

"Maybe..." While Khosrow is still resting his forehead on the swordstaff, he tilts his head a little, allowing him to slightly face the woman standing next to him, glaring at her through his brown eyes.

"I wonder if Emily here shares the same sentiment as you do, Jeffrey," he says in a low, flat yet venomous tone, referring to the supposed "Archangel" before him.

"I am not sure what you are asking. Perhaps you might be-"

Then Khosrow saw it, there were small flashes of light within Emily's eyes, she turned her attention towards the room beyond the door and turned her head back to Jeffrey.

"We are approaching the forest. The dropship will engage in cloaking and I will drop you off. Here." She said, going to a counter and grabbing a sort of weird container, before handing it to Khosrow.
100cc-small-PE-medicine-bottles-solid-plastic.jpg_350x350.jpg

"Eat the pill inside this bottle once a day, just put it into your mouth, and drink water to wash the pill down your body afterwards, once you are finished with the bottle, I implore you to burn it." Emily said, before going back to her room and everyone started feeling as if they are slowly falling.

Khosrow was looking at the pill before Orisa felt very uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"Egh, my ear feels weird, I have to pop them for some reason." She said. "It's as if someone filled my ear with water and I have to push it out of my ear again."

"Try closing your nose and mouth and blowing air out, then open your mouth wide, missy. It worked for me," Jeffrey advised Orisa, while rubbing his arm.

"Huh, feels like something struck me and now my arm is all pins and needles. Odd, that"

Meanwhile the Barbarian was looking quite miserable, his face an unhealthy shade of grey. "Crom…" he lament "When will we arrive ? My stomach… my ears… Never… never again…"

The dropship finally landed in a clearing just off the mansion. The doors opened and Emily motioned everyone to walk out.

"Now, while I do enjoy talking to you. I am afraid that I must let you go." She said, giving her hand a wave as everyone walks out of the ramp. "Orisa, in case you forgot, do press the button of that amulet in case something happens again. Something that probably involves demons or something."

As the group exited the dropship. Orisa saw the ship, now essentially a moving piece of glass for some reason. Rise up, and then immediately disappeared as it flew out.

"Well, that was weird." She said. "Anyway, c'mon. We need to go back to the mansion. See what the ghost sisters have as a reward for us."

Traversing back through the mansion. The group then finds the duo standing and searching for something.

"Ohhhh, sister, where are they?" Erika wondered, flying through the forest and searching for something. "We need to give them the reward!"

"Calm down Erika, we'll find them eve- ah! there they are!" Carmelia said, finally approaching the group.

"Greetings adventurers." The ghost greeted. "As promised. For freeing us, we will provide you with the reward, and that reward is..."

She outstretched her hand towards the haunted house by the lake. "Residency at our mansion! for life not to mention! now you don't need to stay in some rickety inn whenever you're going to Katherinsand. We can provide you with everything you need, I mean... I did live in this house with my sister for several centuries already."

Carmelia went silent for a while, before her face dropped, "I'm sorry. It's all I have, I understand if you are disappointed with the reward..." She said, her face drooping and her eyes shut in shame.

The dropship finally landed in a clearing just off the mansion. The doors opened and Emily motioned everyone to walk out.

"Now, while I do enjoy talking to you. I am afraid that I must let you go." She said, giving her hand a wave as everyone walks out of the ramp. "Orisa, in case you forgot, do press the button of that amulet in case something happens again. Something that probably involves demons or something."

As the group exited the dropship. Orisa saw the ship, now essentially a moving piece of glass for some reason. Rise up, and then immediately disappeared as it flew out.

"Well, that was weird." She said. "Anyway, c'mon. We need to go back to the mansion. See what the ghost sisters have as a reward for us."

Traversing back through the mansion. The group then finds the duo standing and searching for something.

"Ohhhh, sister, where are they?" Erika wondered, flying through the forest and searching for something. "We need to give them the reward!"

"Calm down Erika, we'll find them eve- ah! there they are!" Carmelia said, finally approaching the group.

"Greetings adventurers." The ghost greeted. "As promised. For freeing us, we will provide you with the reward, and that reward is..."

She outstretched her hand towards the haunted house by the lake. "Residency at our mansion! for life not to mention! now you don't need to stay in some rickety inn whenever you're going to Katherinsand. We can provide you with everything you need, I mean... I did live in this house with my sister for several centuries already."

Carmelia went silent for a while, before her face dropped, "I'm sorry. It's all I have, I understand if you are disappointed with the reward..." She said, her face drooping and her eyes shut in shame.

"I always wanted a lair deep in the woods growing up." Jeffrey piped suddenly. "I guess an old haunted mansion with ghosties count as lair, right guys?"

"I always wanted a lair deep in the woods growing up." Jeffrey piped suddenly. "I guess an old haunted mansion with ghosties count as lair, right guys?"

"Well, I don't know about you two, but I am interested in tryin my hand at some renovation myself." Orisa complemented. "Maybe buy some furniture, de mold the house, all that kind of stuff. Barbarian, Khosrow, you think you're up to the job?"

"We are approaching the forest. The dropship will engage in cloaking and I will drop you off. Here." She said, going to a counter and grabbing a sort of weird container, before handing it to Khosrow.
100cc-small-PE-medicine-bottles-solid-plastic.jpg_350x350.jpg

"Eat the pill inside this bottle once a day, just put it into your mouth, and drink water to wash the pill down your body afterwards, once you are finished with the bottle, I implore you to burn it." Emily said, before going back to her room and everyone started feeling as if they are slowly falling.

Khosrow was looking at the bottle before Orisa felt very uncomfortable all of a sudden.
Looking skeptically at the white bottle on his hand, Khosrow wonders about this medicine's effectiveness at mitigating his anxiety whenever he is on board that metal airship again or once more holding on in the ha-

The mage shakes his head slightly, brushing that particular memory off before focusing on the medication given to him by Emily. Wanting to know what the "pills" look like, he grabs the cap with his free hand and tries to pull it off the bottle but it will not budge. This bottle is sealed very tight.

Khosrow stares intensely at the bottle again in annoyance; why did that "self-claimed Archangel" gave him a bottle of drugs that cannot be easily opened and without telling him how?

For a woman that calls herself an "Archangel", she's sometimes a forgetful as well.

Before Khosrow decides to throw the bottle away into the deepest part of his Bag of Holding, he notices the little ridges on the closure's surface. He wonders about its purpose for a moment until he realizes something.

What if...

He grabs the bottle cap again and once he gives it a sudden jerk to the right, the cap loosens a bit. He turns it counterclockwise with his fingers until the bottle is finally opened. He spots two thicker ridges on the container's neck before realizing it is actually a continuous helical rib.

Ah. It's a screw-based closure. How innovative. It slightly fascinates him that the concept of screw can also be applied on a closure this small to seal a container. He slowly turns over the bottle a little and a few small white circular objects come out, landing on his hand.

oxycontin-pills.jpg

He stares the "pills" in his hand, scrutinizing its dull and unremarkable feature, wondering if these small edible objects of medicines can alleviate his anxiety during flight.

"Well, I don't know about you two, but I am interested in tryin my hand at some renovation myself." Orisa complemented. "Maybe buy some furniture, de mold the house, all that kind of stuff. Barbarian, Khosrow, you think you're up to the job?"

Once Khosrow hears his name is mentioned by Orisa, he turns his attention on the Isijamese warrior as he quickly puts the pills back into the bottle and seals it before placing the container inside his Bag of Holding. He did not pay attention much of the conversation between the Düsser ghost sisters and his party. But he did caught on something like "the mansion as their reward" and "buying furnitures".

"Well, if you want to buy some furnitures, you need some money first," Khosrow suggests. "And to get some money, we've to do more quests. Depending on the difficulty and the rewards we'll get."

Last edited:
The Barbarian raises a brow, looking around "Crom… I would feel like a king in there" he grins, before frowning "What was the quest already ?" he ask, having totally forgotten about it. "It better not involve climbing again in this unholly contraption, I'm warning you !", anger showing in his voice, before calming down a bit "Still, my clan would surely make songs about me when they learn about me flying…" before growling again "and they better never learn about what happened during it, am I clear ?" he add, looking at the others with a mean, serious look.
he looks again around him, sighing "Even for my people this place would looks bare, boring, so for you sissy people I can't even imagine how you feel" he laughs. "Maybe we should get a bit for furnitures after all ?" , having totally not paid attention to what Orissa and the others just said.

If you want an idea of how the Barbarian feel about flying, think about this guy ;)
41M3TGFekFL.jpg

Last edited:
Once Khosrow hears his name is mentioned by Orisa, he turns his attention on the Isijamese warrior as he quickly puts the pills back into the bottle and seals it before placing the container inside his Bag of Holding. He did not pay attention much of the conversation between the Düsser ghost sisters and his party. But he did caught on something like "the mansion as their reward" and "buying furnitures".

"Well, if you want to buy some furnitures, you need some money first," Khosrow suggests. "And to get some money, we've to do more quests. Depending on the difficulty and the rewards we'll get."

"Oh right! the chalice!" She said, looking around the scenery before she noticed the chalice just standing there. She immediately grabs it and started walking back to the team.

"Found the item guys! let's get back to the inn and give it back to that old man."

"Found the item guys! let's get back to the inn and give it back to that old man."
"And we're going on foot, or on horse, or whatever creatures that stick to the land" he growl. "No objections I hope ?" he ask, ligthly punching his left palm with his right fist to get the message across.

"And we're going on foot, or on horse, or whatever creatures that stick to the land" he growl. "No objections I hope ?" he ask, ligthly punching his left palm with his right fist to get the message across.

"None whatsoever, my brutish friend. As much as we enjoyed the flight, if men were meant to fly we'd be born with wings."

"Though you'd make a good dragon, barbarian, what with all that...spewed from you in flight."

With that Jeffrey quickly moved away from the barbarian, snickering.

"None whatsoever, my brutish friend. As much as we enjoyed the flight, if men were meant to fly we'd be born with wings."

"Though you'd make a good dragon, barbarian, what with all that...spewed from you in flight."

With that Jeffrey quickly moved away from the barbarian, snickering.

"Come back here you spawn of Khorneto !" he growls, before going after the rogue.

Orisa only smiled as the group played around with themselves for a while. And motioned the rest to follow her back to the tavern.

The walk was mostly uneventful. Sure the guards across the tower only stared at the group while they pass. But once they get into the city, everything was mostly fine.

Well mostly anyways.

They got back to the tavern, to where the man with the hood was, and he smiled, almost mischievously, at the chalice that was presented to him.

"Ah nice, thank you, thank you very much." He said, grabbing the chalice back. "I didn't expect you to finish the quest in such a short period of time, and I have got the appropriate reward for you.

He then proceeded to toss a bunch of coins into the adventurers. "Say, I do have more quests lined up for you. Would you be interested in traveling to Côte Bleu? there is someone there that I want you to meet, he will give you further details on the quest. The reward will be much, much more substantial than this previous one."

Orisa only looked towards the other people and grinned. "Well, what do you think?" She said, looking at the other partygoers.

Quest Completed, Retrieve the Golden Chalice.

Reward, 6000 Gold Coins for Each Person.

"Nuts, I was hoping to get more adventures under my belt before going back to Côte Bleu." Jeffrey grumbled to himself.

"Nuts, I was hoping to get more adventures under my belt before going back to Côte Bleu." Jeffrey grumbled to himself.
"Why not? You have a pissed off former lover waiting for you at Côte Bleu or something? That she'll kill you the moment you step in that city?" Khosrow teases the grumbling rogue.

"Why not? You have a pissed off former lover waiting for you at Côte Bleu or something? That she'll kill you the moment you step in that city?" Khosrow teases the grumbling rogue.

"No, nothing of the sort! Why, I'd be glad to show you the sights once we get there! It's just so....boring." Jeffrey quickly replied.

Actually, Jeffrey's lying. Yes, he is a bit worried about going back to Côte Bleu so soon

"Fine, we'll accept the quest. Again." Orisa replied to the hooded figure. "But give us a couple days of preparation before we depart for Côte Bleu." To which the hooded figure only nooded.

"Do whatever you wish with the coins." He said, as he saw the adventurers depart once more.

Back on the streets of Katherinsand, Orisa glanced at the pouch of gold coins now in her possession. Never saw the Katherinsand coin patterns before, It's certainly interesting.

"So guys, you wanna buy furniture and uhh, buy more equipment?" She asked. "I'm really interested in purchasing some armour or more medical stuff. Maybe a chair to bring to the house."

[Y'know what? Maybe I should just stick to writing in past tense instead. :V ]

"So guys, you wanna buy furniture and uhh, buy more equipment?" She asked. "I'm really interested in purchasing some armour or more medical stuff. Maybe a chair to bring to the house."
Khosrow shook his head, not interested at the idea of buying furnitures for their new manor.

"Nnnhhh, I'm not much of a home decoration guy, sorry. I'll just go buy some food and medicine instead." He then tilted his head upward for a moment, thinking about something until an idea came to him. "Also, I may not be sleeping at the inn with you guys for tonight."

The Barbarians nods "We should get something to stock food and drinks, make sure we can cook, all those things. Also a big table, were we can feast and drink."

Back
Top Bottom