What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Adventure(s?) (OPEN) (IC)

Indah quickly pulled out a sword from one of her bodyguards sheathe, adopting a guard stance alongside them and her sister. Judging from the man's relaxed posture yet added with his clenched fists, this unknown assailant was definitely a fighter never to be underestimated in combat.

She just hoped a year of doing nothing but running the family business hadn't made her out of practice at fighting.

One of her bodyguards moved forward, thrusting his glaive at the assailant's chest. Only for the hooded man sidestepped his thrust, swiftly grabbed the handle and landed a powerful punch to the bodyguard's face, throwing him to the ground unconscious. With a glaive in his hand, the assailant twirled the polearm a couple of times before slamming its wooden end to the stony floor.

Unbeknownst to the Ngkazikiwe twins, a shadowy figure appeared in the window of the warehouse's upper floor, watching a fight occurring on the street below. The same warehouse where Indah saw Khosrow and the face veiled woman had entered earlier.

Orisa took a deep breath and let it out. This guy, this is going to be much, much tougher than her fight with the bandit woman. He seemed much more skilled, and everything else about him oozes decades of experience. Something that both Indah and Orisa knew they don't have. Well, Orisa did have that experience with that man during his first journey to Katherinsand, but that's neither here nor there.

Bottom line, one of them is a newbie adventurer, and another one is essentially a merchant, this combo would not work against the man. Unless...

It's certainly possible, she remembered that when they were children, they used the trick to fool their parents. One of them would attack and feint weakness, only for the other person to strike through. Only difference is that if the man caught what they were doing. He would have no choice but to only focus on one individual, with the other one having an easy chance to strike him down.

"Hey, sis. Remember that time where we fooled our father during a sparring match?" Orisa asked to her. "Wanna do it again? I'll be the decoy if that's what you want."

It's certainly possible, she remembered that when they were children, they used the trick to fool their parents. One of them would attack and feint weakness, only for the other person to strike through. Only difference is that if the man caught what they were doing. He would have no choice but to only focus on one individual, with the other one having an easy chance to strike him down.

"Hey, sis. Remember that time where we fooled our father during a sparring match?" Orisa asked to her. "Wanna do it again? I'll be the decoy if that's what you want."
Before Indah could respond, the other bodyguard of hers let out a battle cry and charged forward. He lifted his glaive up before he swung it down to cleave the assailant.

The hooded man parried the bodyguard's polearm with the glaive he procured from earlier, before he suddenly close the distance and delivered a strong right hook to the bodyguard's cheek. The punch was powerful enough to throw the last armored bodyguard a few feet to the street. Indah swore she saw a couple of her bodyguard's teeth flew out of his mouth right after the assailant punched him.

She then remembered what Orisa said about the sparring match with their father. She knew what her sister meant but the older Ngkazikiwe twin wasn't sure that such tactic would work on a fighter like the one before them. Either way, it's better than having no plan at all.

"In that case, he's all yours, Orisa!"

Indah dashed forward to their opponent with Orisa followed closely to her sister.

+=+=+=+=+

The inside of the warehouse was well-lit with lanterns and torches scattered all over the place. Aside from a relatively clean interior, there was nothing noteworthy within the building. The items were only comprised numerous wooden crates, barrels, several chairs and tables. However, the warehouse was still occupied by a few individuals.

"His friends are here, Aos," a man in a green hood said, his concern almost betrayed him as he stood next to the window, watching the fight took place on the street.

"Zaidu can take care of them. We'll be fine," another green-hooded man replied, there were resolve and a hint of stubbornness in his voice. He stood behind a chair currently sat by a person in a black hood, massaging their shoulders with care.

A person that happened to be a woman, bending her body down while being supported by her hands that held her forehead. Sweats were dripping down her face as she was breathing laboriously. In front of the woman was a brown-skinned man in a Great Desert outfit sitting on chair, stripped off of his battlemage armor as he was tied up in a rope around his body. He looked obviously dazed, with his eyes shut and his head hung to the side.

"I'm not worried about him, Aos," the hooded man replied as he turned his sight from the window to the other male individual below, who was taking care of the woman. "I'm worried about her! She can't take this much longer."

"Marduk, please..." The woman pleaded, there was a strain in her voice through the panting, enough for the men to realize she was already at her limit. "Just give me time... I almost got it..."

She slowly raised her head, staring earnestly at the Great Desert man despite the obvious fatigue manifested from her glowing bright red eyes.

"I almost found Him..."

Last edited:
Before Indah could respond, the other bodyguard of hers let out a battle cry and charged forward. He lifted his glaive up before he swung it down to cleave the assailant.

The hooded man parried the bodyguard's polearm with the glaive he procured from earlier, before he suddenly close the distance and delivered a strong right hook to the bodyguard's cheek. The punch was powerful enough to throw the last armored bodyguard a few feet to the street. Indah swore she saw a couple of her bodyguard's teeth flew out of his mouth right after the assailant punched him.

She then remembered what Orisa said about the sparring match with their father. She knew what her sister meant but the older Ngkazikiwe twin wasn't sure that such tactic would work on a fighter like the one before them. Either way, it's better than having no plan at all.

"In that case, he's all yours, Orisa!"

Indah dashed forward to their opponent with Orisa followed closely to her sister.

Orisa looked at the assailant, a massive hunk of a man that stands in front of the twins, as Indah tries her best to distract the attacker, Orisa then slowly moves in for the strike. She knew that the chances of a successful feint like the one she used to do with her dad is very slim. Especially considering the man involved, but it's better than nothing.

"C'mon... c'mon."

She saw as Indah battled the unknown person. She was holding her own, miraculously mind you, than her other guards. Quite an oddity if the circumstances weren't so dire. She needed to finish this engagement then... and.

"There!"

A small chance, and it is all Orisa needed to take it, she lunged herself forward. To the supposedly unsuspecting man, she hoped that her double sword would connect to something.

And it did, just not in the way Orisa was expecting. The sword hit the armor, it's impact not enough to break it, but she heard a visible 'crack' sound followed by a staggering by the hooded man. She only hoped that it hit somewhere important.

"Yeah!" She screamed, but it was then that the man then unexpectedly moved rapidly once more, much to the surprise of Orisa, and nearly punched her in the gut, only her timely avoidance and her stepping backwards prevented what could be otherwise a painful punch.

"Whew, that could be-"

And she just got punched in the gut. This time, directly. The Isijamese woman lost her breath for a second, not expecting the impact, and then sprawled to the ground. Trying to catch her breath and nursing her bruise.

"Alright. Alright, gah. Good hit." She complimented, "Indah, you got anything else? I think I might be literally out of breath here."

"Alright. Alright, gah. Good hit." She complimented, "Indah, you got anything else? I think I might be literally out of breath here."
Indah didn't have a proper moment responding to her sister as she yelled, lunging toward the assailant with her sword held up to complete a downward swing. The man merely sidestepped away from the blade before delivering a right hook on her left cheek. Despite reeling bit and in pain from a punch to the face, Indah persevered and swung the sword upwards to slash the man's body.

Except the assailant, who was faster than the woman, grabbed her wrist with his other hand and stopped the sword swing halfway. He then retaliated by throwing another punch on Indah's left cheek again. Staggered by getting punched in the same spot twice, the assailant released his grip on Indah's wrist and moved on to seize her by the neck.

In two swift movements, he lifted her up in the air and drove his knee to Indah's stomach, throwing her a few feet from him before she landed and sprawled on the ground.

Instead of taking the ruthless yet pragmatic approach of beating either of the Ngkazikiwe twins while they're still down, the hooded man just stood there, waiting for the sisters as they're nursing their injuries.

Last edited:
Indah didn't have a proper moment responding to her sister as she yelled, lunging toward the assailant with her sword held up to complete a downward swing. The man merely sidestepped away from the blade before delivering a right hook on her left cheek. Despite reeling bit and in pain from a punch to the face, Indah persevered and swung the sword upwards to slash the man's body.

Except the assailant, who was faster than the woman, grabbed her wrist with his other hand and stopped the sword swing halfway. He then retaliated by throwing another punch on Indah's left cheek again. Staggered by getting punched in the same spot twice, the assailant released his grip on Indah's wrist and moved on to seize her by the neck.

In two swift movements, he lifted her up in the air and drove his knee to Indah's stomach, throwing her a few feet from him before she landed and sprawled on the ground.

Instead of taking the ruthless yet pragmatic approach of beating either of the Ngkazikiwe twins while they're still down, the hooded man just stood there, waiting for the sisters as they're nursing their injuries.

"Ow, that must've hurt." Orisa commented as she saw Indah tumbling down from that fight. Landing and now sprawling on the ground, not much unlike she herself. She looked at both their forms. Now more battered and bruised, but nonetheless still functional. And she also saw the man, seemingly just standing there with his arms clenched.

Yeah, there's no way they're going to fight him now, but... perhaps a leverage might do. A leverage like, ah!.

That crane might work. She thought, looking at the nearby wooden crane, with a particularly heavy metallic end. A swift impact from that to the guy's head should be able to knock him out for good, only if she's able to walk to there though...

"Yo fuckhead!" She screamed to the guy. "Let's see how strong you are again. How 'bout another round, huh?" Orisa taunted. Please let this work please let this work.

"Ow, that must've hurt." Orisa commented as she saw Indah tumbling down from that fight. Landing and now sprawling on the ground, not much unlike she herself. She looked at both their forms. Now more battered and bruised, but nonetheless still functional. And she also saw the man, seemingly just standing there with his arms clenched.

Yeah, there's no way they're going to fight him now, but... perhaps a leverage might do. A leverage like, ah!.

That crane might work. She thought, looking at the nearby wooden crane, with a particularly heavy metallic end. A swift impact from that to the guy's head should be able to knock him out for good, only if she's able to walk to there though...

"Yo fuckhead!" She screamed to the guy. "Let's see how strong you are again. How 'bout another round, huh?" Orisa taunted. Please let this work please let this work.
Zaidu didn't respond to Orisa's taunt, he still remained in his position away from the battered younger twin. However, that soon changed when a flicker of green light caught in his sight. The man's amber eyes turned to the source, he found the light came from the window of the warehouse's first floor in front of him.

He felt his heart stopped for a moment as that light was a signal from his associate. It could only meant one thing for him.

She found Him...

A groan caught his hearings, turning his sight instantly from the window to the slowly rising form of Orisa. She was struggling to stand straight due to the thrashing inflicted by Zaidu earlier, yet the young fighter was determined to continue fighting him as she taunted him once more.

He would give her that opportunity no longer... as his task here was done.

Zaidu swiftly produced a peach-sized metal orb from a pouch located at the back of his utility belt. Right after he pressed his thumb on a blunt metal stick jutted out from the sphere, he threw it at the ground between him and Orisa's feet. Once the orb landed on the solid surface before bouncing up into the air, glowing orange patterns immediately appeared on its surface before it exploded.

The explosion created a loud bang and thick black smoke which obscured everything in front of the Isijamese. Zaidu used this chance to get inside the warehouse undetected and by the time the smoke had cleared, he was already gone.

Last edited:
Zaidu didn't respond to Orisa's taunt, he still remained in his position away from the battered younger twin. However, that soon would change when a flicker of green light caught in his sight. The man's amber eyes turned to the source, he found the light came from the window of the warehouse's first floor in front of him.

He felt his heart stopped for a moment as that light was a signal from his associate. It could only meant one thing for him.

She found Him...

A groan caught his hearings, turning his sight instantly from the window to the slowly rising form of Orisa. She was struggling to stand straight due to the thrashing inflicted by Zaidu earlier, yet the young fighter was determined to continue fighting him as she taunted him once more.

He would give her that opportunity no longer... as his task here was done.

Zaidu swiftly produced a peach-sized metal orb from a pouch located at the back of his utility belt. Right after he pressed his thumb on a blunt metal stick jutted out from the sphere, he threw it at the ground between him and Orisa's feet. Once the orb landed on the solid surface before bouncing up into the air, glowing orange patterns immediately appeared on its surface before it exploded.

The explosion created a loud bang and thick black smoke which obscured everything in front of the Isijamese. Zaidu used this chance to get inside the warehouse undetected and by the time the smoke had cleared, he was already gone.

Orisa, seeing the aftermath of what just happened, was left fuming and not really satisfied with all of this ordeal. She slowly walked back to Indah and woke her up, if that bastard has left, then the warehouse should be open for business. She only needed some help from Indah, and hopefully the Barbarian, Roxanne and Jeffrey.

"Hey, Indah, wake up." She slowly talked. "The annoying guy's gone, you can wake up from your sleep now."

Indah was slow to wake up, but she did rose up from being knocked out cold by that assassin. "I'll wake up the others, it sucks, but I think the warehouse is open, just stay here and don't provoke anyone. Okay?"

Jeffrey was feeling sore all over as he was sitting on the ground after being woken up by Orissa's sister, Indah. Touching parts of himself within his reach to see if he was hurt anywhere gave him a headache as he turned his head to check upon himself.

"Are the rest fine, Miss Indah? I feel as if I've been trampled by a bunch of soldiers and my head aches".

"Also, do you have anything for my headache? I'm not sure I'd be up to fine standards as is."

The Barbarian growl as he look around him, clearly unhappy about his late weakness. "Who was he ?" he ask; "he must have magical power!", before turning to Jeffrey.
"A good beer is what you need… is what we all need".

The Barbarian growl as he look around him, clearly unhappy about his late weakness. "Who was he ?" he ask; "he must have magical power!", before turning to Jeffrey.

"Agreed, my big friend, but let's finish the job first and hopefully kick the faces of those who did us in first. That'll make the beer taste sweeter afterwards".

"Agreed, my big friend, but let's finish the job first and hopefully kick the faces of those who did us in first. That'll make the beer taste sweeter afterwards".

Orisa was busy stretching herself, bruises visible throughout her body after that fight. "I'm not in prime fighting condition right now. But Khosrow's in that warehouse, and I'm going in. Are you all okay with that?"

She could see Roxanne slowly waking up, silently nodding to her request. "Good, Indah, you wanna join or stay and recuperate?"

The Barbarian chuckles, "What you want to bet we will find him in bed with some whore ?" he ask, before glancing to Indah. "Might not be a good idea to separate…" he grumble.

The Barbarian chuckles, "What you want to bet we will find him in bed with some whore ?" he ask, before glancing to Indah. "Might not be a good idea to separate…" he grumble.

"Agreed, on the not separating part, that is. Please save the crass jokes after we get our compatriot with us safe and sound, my big friend."

Indah was slow to wake up, but she did rose up from being knocked out cold by that assassin. "I'll wake up the others, it sucks, but I think the warehouse is open, just stay here and don't provoke anyone. Okay?"
"What ever you say, little sis... Oww..." Indah rose up, hissing as she sat on the ground, rubbing her terribly aching belly. "Fucking bastard probably left bruises on my face and stomach."

+=+=+=+=+

Zaidu entered the warehouse, locking the doors quickly before he turned around. Aos was pouring yellow liquid from a flask in hid hand into the Deserter mage's mouth, still dazed and tied up to the chair. While Marduk was carrying the woman in his arms, the latter was clearly fatigued by the magical ability she used on that mage. Even with years of training and experience, reading a person's memory was always an arduous effort for people like her.

He couldn't help but felt some pity for the woman.

Marduk turned to Zaidu right after the fighter had locked the doors. "Get the spell ready. We're moving out."

"You don't have to tell me twice," Zaidu replied, shaking his head and grumbled as he went to a nearby wall. It had a mural of a large circle with intricate symbols, lines and shapes inside it.

Aos stood next to his green-hooded companion, placing the empty flask into his bag. "The Deserter is fine. He should be awake in an hour or so."

The amber-eyed fighter's hands glowed blue with arcane energy, he stretched forth his arms to the wall and the mural on it began radiating blue as well. Each of Zaidu's arm made a semi-circle gesture opposite to each other; right went down and left went up. He then swept his hands to the sides and a portal appeared before them.

By the time the Deserter's companions finally entered the warehouse, they were already gone.

Last edited:
Jeffrey scurried through the door of the warehouse, looking around for any signs of the mage and his captors.

"Odd, I thought I heard some noise in here, almost sounds like a wind blowing. Feels oddly warm too, don't you agree, guys?"

The barbarian frowns, looking a bit unsure "A dragon maybe ?"

"How would a dragon fit inside this place? We'd be seeing...hey look, isn't that Khosrow tied up to the chair at the corner there?" Jeffrey pointed out at the darkened corner where he could see the outline of the mage.

"Hey, Khosrow." Orisa rushed immediately. Untying the battlemage and laying him down. "You awake? You okay there?"

She started slapping lightly at his cheeks, trying her best to rouse him into consciousness. She also did a pulse check, and was smiling as she let go of her hand on his neck. "The good news is that he's breathing. But I don't know about what made him unconscious."

"Hey, Khosrow." Orisa rushed immediately. Untying the battlemage and laying him down. "You awake? You okay there?"

She started slapping lightly at his cheeks, trying her best to rouse him into consciousness. She also did a pulse check, and was smiling as she let go of her hand on his neck. "The good news is that he's breathing. But I don't know about what made him unconscious."

"Have you smelled his breath? Sounds gross but there are certain sleeping potions that leaves a distinct scent after they are taken, missy." Jeffrey offered to Orisa.

The Barbarians sighs heavily as he pick up Khisrow, tossing him on his shoulder. "We can bother about this later, now we better get out of here, I don't like this place" he say, before adding after a second "It seems too easy…"

"Have you smelled his breath? Sounds gross but there are certain sleeping potions that leaves a distinct scent after they are taken, missy." Jeffrey offered to Orisa.
The Barbarians sighs heavily as he pick up Khisrow, tossing him on his shoulder. "We can bother about this later, now we better get out of here, I don't like this place" he say, before adding after a second "It seems too easy…"

"Right. And..."

Orisa's attention was immediately caught onto the sight of something at the edge of her eye. She sees an unusual looking golden chalice, with a description matching that of the questgiver, without any hint of hesitation, she took it and quickly rejoined the group.

"I also think that we might found what we're here for." Orisa said, showing the chalice over. "Feels like we've been here for a lifetime searching for this damn thing. Didn't expect it to be damn near Khosrow's kidnappers, weird..."

"I also think that we might found what we're here for." Orisa said, showing the chalice over. "Feels like we've been here for a lifetime searching for this damn thing. Didn't expect it to be damn near Khosrow's kidnappers, weird..."

"Sounds like we're being tested, more like. I wonder if our performance is satisfactory to whoever it is that's watching us." Jeffrey grumbled.

"Sounds like we're being tested, more like. I wonder if our performance is satisfactory to whoever it is that's watching us." Jeffrey grumbled.

"Well, I guess it'll be better to spend the night in my sister's house right?" She asked everyone. "Certainly better than the regular inn, much more amenities too."

Khosrow woke up. To the venue of a room much, much more luxurious than what he's used to. He saw fine wood carved bedframes, the softest mattress he's ever slept on, and when he rose up. A bedroom reminiscent to royalty than anything else.

Then the door opened up. Revealing Orisa wearing a peculiar outfit, not a sight the adventurer expected to see.

"Oh, finally! You're awake!" She said, rather happily. "Wow, there's so much to catch up on. I was kinda expecting you to still be sleeping after you were knocked out for 2 whole days, but this is definitely good news."

"Alright, so, long story short. We got the Chalice, or at least we're pretty sure it's the chalice the guy wanted us to get. Jeffrey and the Barbarian tried to check it's price on the market, maybe up-selling what the quest goer has given us, but no dice. Most vendors says it's worthless. So we kinda agreed that after you wake up, we head back to the Drunken Adventurer in Katherinsand again."

"Oh, right. Some bad news too." Orisa continued. "Roxanne has left the party, said that she just got some news from her parents or something, said it's something important that she must attend to. Ah, sad, but oh well. Pretty sure we'll meet her again."

"Anyway, you ready to go back? I've got some fresh clothes from the servants just this morning, and the bathroom's to your right."

Back
Top Bottom