What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Adventure(s?) (OPEN) (OOC)

Jeffrey started to protest when he saw what the barbarian meant; several guards coming towards them with weapons drawn.

"Damnit, I hate corrupt guards!"
Actually what I meant is that Jakarta already told them we were adventurers, already tell them we want to go beyond the bridge. Unless those guards are really stupid…

@razer666L
Just to make things clear, the barbarian calling people faggots, pussies and others derogative terms are just and only the barbarians view on things. They are not, and should not reflect my own views on those subjects.

So, can we go with guardsmen who's in cahoots with the bandits, @Jakarta? Or will Jeffrey and the barbarian's take no prisoners attitude bite us all in the ass later?

Or will Jeffrey and the barbarian's take no prisoners attitude bite us all in the ass later?
Well, no need to kill the last one standing after all.

Well, no need to kill the last one standing after all.
*Waits until he got a couple of likes*

We can kill him after he told us what we need to know `:p

So, can we go with guardsmen who's in cahoots with the bandits, @Jakarta? Or will Jeffrey and the barbarian's take no prisoners attitude bite us all in the ass later?

I think that if Jeffrey takes no prisoners, Orisa will personally scold them and take every effort to make sure the same thing doesn't happen twice.

Also, I don't like the concept of the guardsmen in cahoots with bandits. The intrigue and all that stuff is not beginning yet.

I think that if Jeffrey takes no prisoners, Orisa will personally scold them and take every effort to make sure the same thing doesn't happen twice.

Also, I don't like the concept of the guardsmen in cahoots with bandits. The intrigue and all that stuff is not beginning yet.

Booo! Boo I say! Boo! 😛

Translation, she will pout :p

Also, I don't like the concept of the guardsmen in cahoots with bandits
Well you know, what Jeffrey say, what the barbarian say, or any one else is what they think. It doesn't have to be true.
As the story teller, you decide where the story is going, you decide if our assumptions are correct or not.

Say @Jakarta, could you also make a post and threadmark it about the quest's rules on magic, plus its "casting and cooldown mechanic"?

E.g. The "30 Second Rule" applies to both casting and cooldown times. Only one cantrip can be cast every two hours (Note: Cantrips and "normal spells" are two different things) etc etc.

Alright guys, I think I'm going to let you narrate your own fights, I don't wanna be too hand holdy with this RP (and I'm too lazy too 😛), so do what you want.

Here's a suggestion though, I recommend you just knock out the enemy, not finish them off. If you let them survive, then I can move forward with possible plans with those bandits. And this mysterious chalice some hooded guy wanted the party to get a hold of.

Hey @Chatokay. I've got a question.

What plans do you have for the Barbarian? I mean, I'm sure you have plans for his character to develop, but it feels like he's only going to get everyone in the team pissed off at this point honestly.

He's grumpy, doesn't really like diplomacy, although can understand the need for it, and can understand the need to not kill everyone, even if he won't hesitate to hurt them in combat as think that trying to simply knock-out an opponent actually trying to kill you is actually a bad idea.
Also, even if he doesn't respect people at first, he might change his mind over time, even if he would not readily admit it. ie: the rogue. Ah, and also despite all his flaws, his grumpiness, his lack of education, in the end he is loyal, and if he is able to follow an order on a suggestion he will do it, although he won't hesitate to not completely follow them if he think it would be too dangerous. ie: he made sure to not kill his opponent in the last fight, but had no problem maiming him to do so.

You just need to know him better, as he need to know his teammates better as well. This might of course takes time, it won't happen in a couple of hours obviously.

He's grumpy, doesn't really like diplomacy, although can understand the need for it, and can understand the need to not kill everyone, even if he won't hesitate to hurt them in combat as think that trying to simply knock-out an opponent actually trying to kill you is actually a bad idea.
Also, even if he doesn't respect people at first, he might change his mind over time, even if he would not readily admit it. ie: the rogue. Ah, and also despite all his flaws, his grumpiness, his lack of education, in the end he is loyal, and if he is able to follow an order on a suggestion he will do it, although he won't hesitate to not completely follow them if he think it would be too dangerous. ie: he made sure to not kill his opponent in the last fight, but had no problem maiming him to do so.

You just need to know him better, as he need to know his teammates better as well. This might of course takes time, it won't happen in a couple of hours obviously.

Hmm, okay. I can work with that.

I have no idea what the Barbarian is there for honestly, felt a bit like a sore thumb in the party, with this, now I have a mind map of where to go with him.

We can always discuss about it. Just don't expect him to sing kumbaya while picking up flowers :p

Back
Top Bottom