What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gray Man

Lerticus

Senile Old Coot
☭ Communism ☭

Russo bros, so it is like Winter Soldier but without Marvel IP. Which makes sense, since gray is considered a generic color.

First Pablo Schreiber, then Henry Cavill, now Chris Evans, what's with demonizing moustaches as a sign of douchey evil?

For the rest it looks like yet another boring budget action flick and the newest desperate attempt from Netflix to pretend they a big boy before they go under in the next few years.

First Pablo Schreiber, then Henry Cavill, now Chris Evans, what's with demonizing moustaches as a sign of douchey evil?
Wait until you hear about this Hitler guy....
For the rest it looks like yet another boring budget action flick and the newest desperate attempt from Netflix to pretend they a big boy before they go under in the next few years.
May or may not be boring. Will withhold judgment on that front for now.

Can't disagree about how Netflix is on death row. Other streaming services have taken back their own IP, so now they need to rely almost entirely on their own programming. Which they pump billions of dollars into, but somehow still find ways to cheap out on productions and almost always become mediocre. They are about to start putting in ads (one of the main reasons why people left cable for streaming in the first place), limiting password sharing (so fuck you if you want to use your account on the hotel smart TVs as you travel, get geocockblocked!), and repeatedly raising their prices so they are now one of the most expensive options around.

Can't disagree about how Netflix is on death row. Other streaming services have taken back their own IP, so now they need to rely almost entirely on their own programming. Which they pump billions of dollars into, but somehow still find ways to cheap out on productions and almost always become mediocre. They are about to start putting in ads (one of the main reasons why people left cable for streaming in the first place), limiting password sharing (so fuck you if you want to use your account on the hotel smart TVs as you travel, get geocockblocked!), and repeatedly raising their prices so they are now one of the most expensive options around.
I saw Red Notice in December, and I was taken aback how this project involving three A-lister ended up looking like a direct-to-video production with fuck-all for action setpieces.

And yeah, given how HBO Max got me with a lifetime subscription for only 4 euros a month(and not even the cheap option) and knowing Amazon Prime only costs 3 euros, I could have both and still come out way cheaper then my current Netflix subscription, especially when I tend to watch Max/Prime stuff when Netflix just shits out more mediocrity. I don't even have any hype for the new Stranger Things season.

Back
Top Bottom