What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shipyard of... Mk. II (and probably misc stuff later too come to think of it)

misc_150.png

Miranda: who are you?
Centaur: I'm you, except less likely to blow up every episode.

misc_151.png

Run spoonheads run!

misc_154.3.png

my 2018 creations I guess...

misc_155.png

Vor'cha class cruiser is coming along nicely (most of the big components are in place)... although once I looked at original design itself more closely I found it rather wanting in certain aspects...

Last edited:
wip 1.png
Yes... there are stuff being worked on besides star trek ships...

wip 2.png
When you want to do a crossover but you only have a budget of 3 pringles chips and a bar of twix...

misc_161.png

more collaboration stuff...

misc_163.png

misc_164.png

When you want to do the Battle at the Binary Stars but has no budget whatsoever... and hates DIS's aesthetic.

misc_167.png

OPFOR connie?

misc_168.png

But really, OPFOR is basically just shitty and expensive cosplay right?

misc_169.png

vipers?!? in my star trek?!? FUCK YEAH!

Constitution Block III-Bis

misc_170.png

Known at the time as "the last hurrah of the Constitution" (and later on as yet another cringworthy product of the "edgy"/"militant" era of UE's Admiralty), the Block III bis variant of the Constitution class was the final push of the torpedo faction of the admiralty in proposing a complement to the new Excelsior class cruisers that were beginning to come online. Rumors had it that it concept gain as much support as it did due to various corporate interests, who wanted to delay retooling existing production facilities until the tooling wore out.

Modification to the standard Block III include a total of 12 torpedo launchers arranged around the secondary hull in a formation that was nicknamed the "bonnet", 6 forward and the other 6 rearward facing. The original 2 torpedo launchers were replaced with a pair of megaphaser cannons, in a sense forced to acknowledge the shift in fleet doctrine. Other changes were minimal, with slightly uprated reactor and expanded magazines (at the expense of certain science and engineering facilities).

The design was intended for massed alpha strikes, with the capability to empty their entire stock of ready use torpedoes in under 2 minutes, and the entire magazine in 10 minutes.

The UES Dreadnought (a Block IIIa) was selected for conversion as a proof of concept, and problems begin to surface almost immediately in field trials:

-while the reduction at warp performance was within acceptable parameters, performance at impulse was... sluggish, meaning that it's intended role to go in, fire everything, and get out something much dicier.
-structural integrity was compromised, especially in the secondary hull during high speed maneuvers. Although it was claimed that it was due to the refit nature of the vessel it calls into questioning the entire project, as it was never intend to build new hulls for the variant.
-The reactor cannot supply sufficient to both the megaphasers and the torpedo launchers at the same time, furthermore, the megaphasers (a cutdown version due to the lack of space in the original torpedo launchers) has a much shorter range than the torpedoes, making them deadweight in most potential engagements.

In the end, the UES Dreadnought was converted back to her original configuration and the variant never entered service, although the idea of a heavy torpedo cruiser would remain alive for decades to come...

I think a bit of SG, BSG, and maybe a bit of B5 ships should be added. It'd take a lot of work but that's just my opinion.
Man I'm so glad I made those knock off vipers a bit earlier...

... probably something for the long term though.

misc_172.png

Got around to make the carrier for the fighters...

Finally got around to draw something again...

Ride the @t-dugong!

Last edited:
Oh, right, since now everyone knows who I'm on QQ there's no point in hiding my work there...

fsv_ev_01_emergence_by_john_oakman_dczir9v-fullview.jpg

fsv_ev_01_emergence_4_views_by_john_oakman_dczis0k-pre.jpg

patrol_corvette_by_john_oakman_dd3p9y2-fullview.jpg

scale_comparison_by_john_oakman_dd44gj7-fullview.jpg

silos_opening_by_john_oakman_dd4ji1i-fullview.jpg

So which one looks better?

Been a while since I drew something...

Start drawing shitting comics again...
2271 2272 2273

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom