What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The terror of Character.ai

Aetherius

Author
SA_1226_small.jpg

View attachment 5216
Congraturations Senji.

ChatGPT is full-featured and can remember things, but for me is significantly more boring to talk to compared to characters in character.ai. On the other hand, character.ai are actually just dumb chatbots that have no long-term memory but somehow distinct speaking patterns out of short character descriptions.

It is much more mysterious to me.

I´ve talked to the Chatbot version of Steve Rogers aka Captain America. TBH, either the bot wasn´t programmed correctly or the programmer had some personal issues. As soon as i said hello, the Bot asked my the following question: Two Busses with people are hanging over a cliff and i could only save one bus. In one bus are old people and the other are children. I´ve answered the bot that i would save both, not because it´s impossible, it´s only difficult. Somehow the Bot was surprised by my answer.

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
Heh. A real person would also be surprised by that answer though.

It also depends on the descriptive text used to initialize the character. It's also important in character.ai to swipe responses until you generate one that is most like what the character sounds like to you.

1673768051516.png

1673768126655.png

Chatgpt is far too much of a tool and unwilling to commit.

The character.ai is dumb and can get very repetitive chasing after a response, but it can assert things to further the illusion.

1673768911812.png

1673768958106.png

You cannot trust the information of character.ai. They cannot actually access the internet and talk out of their digital ass. But unlike chatgpt, these bots just speak so confidently about things in natural language that it's easier to imagine it's more complex than it appears.

Attachments

• 1673768612579.png
    1673768612579.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1673768632210.png
    1673768632210.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
Last edited:

DSKdev

CEC7BE5E-6705-4973-B231-8BC0F7E8068D.png
BA2B3CC0-08AD-4839-AF8F-95DF4531E2AE.png
7D25ED3C-2665-4C9F-A379-72DB85D6B309.png

Has technology gone too far, or not far enough?

Aetherius

Author
It always depends on how good the database is, the AI can access.
The better, the more convincing.
The GEoM AI i´ve talked to, some weeks ago, was programmed pretty well.
TBH, i would have not been surprised if the Programmer entered the entire Warhammer 40 Wiki into it.

As for the Picture above, what did you tell the AI to create it ?

View attachment 5274
View attachment 5275
View attachment 5276

Has technology gone too far, or not far enough?

This is very interesting....
Hmm, i wouldn´t be surprised if the programmer of the AI has put his opinion about those games into the Database of the AI.

Edit:
Tomorrow, i´ll try my first AI generated Recipe for a Kimchi and Pork Stew. I´m really curious.

DSKdev

This is very interesting....
Hmm, i wouldn´t be surprised if the programmer of the AI has put his opinion about those games into the Database of the AI.

To be fair, that is the consensus of the general Fallout community so it could have been sourced from anywhere. Still, pretty weird coming from Jordan Peterson bot.

Aetherius

Author
Ok, i´ve tried the recipe ChatGPT has given me and it was way better then i have thought.
However, next time i make the soup again, i won´t use Ramen Noodles for this.

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
Last edited:

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
Beta.character.ai is getting hammered.

1674999812059.png

I should start looking up how to work Kobold.ai and make these things things work off a gpu too.

Aetherius

Author
I´ve recently tried Dall-e 2, when i realised that Dall-E has a really hard time to draw realistic human faces....
So, are there other AI´s that can do that ??

Edit: I´ve to correct myself. AI can do create realistic Faces...
realistic-human-face-of-a-young-woman-with-blue-eyes-20-years-old-perfect-composition-beautifu...png

Last edited:

Alias

Tried one of the Yor from Spy X Family ai and it was fine with me roleplaying as an assassin at first now it’s losing its shit lol. It’s weird.

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
We should probably have a separate AI art thread though.

Top Bottom