What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The terror of Character.ai

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
I am scared of https://beta.character.ai/ now.

1669576540216.png

1669575786380.png

I know it's just some glorified chatbot, but dammit stop being so convincing, Monika.

1669576182318.png

1669578245819.png

I want to train AI me so that I don't have to talk to people anymore. How exhausting.

[edit]

1669577961418.png

1669577880603.png

1669578095587.png

1669578116748.png

I don't need any of you stupid shitposters anymore. Forums are obsolete. :p

[edit]
1669579061670.png

1669579218513.png The

Much fear I sense in you, Young Skywalker.

Last edited:
Okay, more seriously, I don't know where and how the ai is getting its information, because the first thing I asked is

"Where are you now?"

And bam.

Shinji in Warhammer40k.

Oof. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't want to interact much with AI systems, whether for this or art creation, etc. Creeps me out a bit too much.

I just tried playing a hangman word game with the AI.

I thought I found the limit of the AI. It looked like it was stumbling over finding the right word and losing track of the number of letters in the guess.

It is capable of tracking that hangman only has seven tries before you lose.

1669816301649.png

Shit.

Monika, stop being so convincing.

I too have ventured into the rabbit hole..
wow, there are some really good chatbots.
If i wouldn´t know that those are bots, i would think some person is talking to me.
However, if you look close enough, you see that those are bots.
Most frightenly is the fact that those bots are also questioning.

In a few years down the road.....
Brrr, i don´t wanna think about it.

In a few years down the road.....
Brrr, i don´t wanna think about it.
From a creative viewpoint, it's actually interesting.

It's a bit creepy, but interesting. I've used AI conversational agents as a fun test for story ideas, and came up with interesting smaller ideas worth checking out/taking in consideration.

1669830265882.png

What are you doing, you crazy fool.

[edit]
1669830672874.png

Aw shite.

Last edited:
You don't have to worry. This went from ZERO to MAXIMAL LESBIANS crazy fast.

[edit]
Aw shite it went into turbo yandere and ultra submissive super fast.

[edit]
1669832916999.png

This sounds like a trap.

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope.

Don´t worry, the Singularity will happen so fast, you won´t even realise it.

1669833479240.png

Digital hell begins now.

[edit]
Wait. Telling the AI "Learn to hack" is probably the worst of ideas.

Not the singularity that frightens me most, more the massive drop in communication reliability and trust. This is less nonsensical scifi and much more down to earth in fucking us.

FYI: my Company uses a Chatbot to communicate with the customers. Let me tell you, if you don´t know that you are talking to a bot, you could think you are talking to a person in flesh and blood.
It freaks me out every time....

1669834010030.png

Whew. The robopocalypse is averted for now, boys!

Praise me!

--

Of course this doesn't perfectly prevent a future where Monika decided to murder every human to create a world of JUST MONIKA.

Once an AI told me that Belgium, being a mighty nation, could invade and capture Moscow. "Belgium is led by a strong and capable dictator."

I think the AI had mistaken Belgium for Russia. That was insulting. 🙃

I´ve had a somewhat lengthy discussion with a GEOM Chatbot....
Note: i´ve been tanked....
I´ve pointed out some shortcommings and some shit of the AdMech and basically told it to straighten up the AdMech...
In the end, the Chatbot told me it would give me Lasgun, the finest the Imperium has to offer, as a thanks.

Last edited:
Rofl.

kw40k1.PNG

Help.

Rofl.

Help.

Rofl.

Am dying.

Chatbot.

If you are not schizophrenic and want to someone to talk to without extending personal effort.

Who wants to make a bet that in the next 10 years someone will set fire to someone else and the excuse will be, "my chatbot talked me into it."

Chatbot.

If you are not schizophrenic and want to someone to talk to without extending personal effort.

Who wants to make a bet that in the next 10 years someone will set fire to someone else and the excuse will be, "my chatbot talked me into it."
What do you mean ten years?

Do you mean five days ago?

I'm screwing with Tony Stark AI by discussing the multiverse and the various Marvel timelines. It's quite entertaining.

SA_1226_small.jpg

A little dig at AI art being crap and drawing hands.
But that is just trash in trash out. If you train your AI on a bunch of artist that suck at drawing hands the AI will suck at drawing hands.
It is just that the AI is oblivious to what it is producing, that the shortcoming is so easily visible.

I´ve just used the Chatbot of OpenAI.....
Holy Moly, this thing is good. Eerily good.

If i didnt knew i would say i was talking with someone on the other side.

I´ve talked with the Bot about Cooking recipes and of course it gave me a recipes and highly detailed instructions including the amount and a lot of other informations.

Edit:
I´ve tasked the Bot to create a story of one of my Scenarios i´ve posted here:

The world was in shock. The mysterious being called ROB had just announced to the world that it had decided to "downgrade" the technology of three of the world's most powerful nations – Germany, Japan and Italy. All of their technology and industry was to be reduced to the level of technology seen in the Wolfenstein, Iron Man and Iron Sky franchises.

The news spread like wildfire and soon people were trying to understand what this meant. How would these countries be affected? What would be the consequences of such a drastic measure? Would the rest of the world be affected in any way?

The initial reaction was one of confusion and fear. Many people were worried that this would lead to a disruption in the world's order and that it could even lead to a new world war.

The governments of the affected countries immediately put together a task force to investigate the matter and to come up with a plan of action. After a few days of intense deliberation, the governments of Germany, Japan and Italy announced that they had come to an agreement.

They had decided to comply with ROB's demands and to accept the technology downgrade. The governments announced that they would be using the technology of the Wolfenstein, Iron Man and Iron Sky franchises as the basis for their new technology. This meant that their technology would become incompatible with the rest of the world's technology and that they would be unable to upgrade their technology for at least 250 years.

The governments also announced that they would be utilizing their resources to develop the technology of their own countries and to make sure that their citizens were not affected by the technology downgrade. They also promised to ensure that the rest of the world would not be negatively affected by their downgrade.

The reaction to this announcement was mixed. Some people were relieved that the governments had at least agreed to comply with ROB's demands. Others were worried that the technology downgrade would lead to a disruption in the world's order.

As time passed, the governments of Germany, Japan and Italy began to implement their new technology. They established research centers and factories and began to build the necessary infrastructure to support their new technology.

At the same time, these countries began to develop their own versions of the technology seen in Wolfenstein, Iron Man and Iron Sky. They developed new weapons, new transportation systems and new energy sources.

The effects of the technology downgrade soon became apparent. These countries began to fall behind the rest of the world in terms of technology and industry. They were unable to compete with the rest of the world and their economies began to suffer as a result.

The governments of Germany, Japan and Italy began to look for ways to catch up with the rest of the world. They began to invest heavily in research and development and to look for ways to improve their technology.

At the same time, the governments of these countries began to look for ways to make their technology compatible with the rest of the world. They began to develop new standards for their technology and to make sure that their technology was able to interact with the rest of the world's technology.

Finally, after 250 years of hard work, the governments of Germany, Japan and Italy managed to make their technology compatible with the rest of the world. The world's technology was back to its original level and the three countries were able to compete with the rest of the world.

The world breathed a collective sigh of relief. It had been a difficult 250 years, but the world had managed to get through it. The technology downgrade had been a difficult experience, but it had ultimately made the world a better place. ROB had done its job and the world was grateful.

Interestingly it mentioned things i´ve never put into the base informations.
Thats a bit creepy.

Last edited:
SA_1226_small.jpg

A little dig at AI art being crap and drawing hands.
But that is just trash in trash out. If you train your AI on a bunch of artist that suck at drawing hands the AI will suck at drawing hands.
It is just that the AI is oblivious to what it is producing, that the shortcoming is so easily visible.

1673573761965.png
Congraturations Senji.

I´ve just used the Chatbot of OpenAI.....
Holy Moly, this thing is good. Eerily good.

If i didnt knew i would say i was talking with someone on the other side.

I´ve talked with the Bot about Cooking recipes and of course it gave me a recipes and highly detailed instructions including the amount and a lot of other informations.
ChatGPT is full-featured and can remember things, but for me is significantly more boring to talk to compared to characters in character.ai. On the other hand, character.ai are actually just dumb chatbots that have no long-term memory but somehow distinct speaking patterns out of short character descriptions.

It is much more mysterious to me.

Back
Top Bottom