The OP and what we know so far...
SB's Minor Junker Descendant and Hunter of Nazis
Since we've got threadmarks now, we can make it easy to get a thread consolidating all the shit that the Trump-Russia investigation has dug up and been made public.
Most of my information will be transcribed from the SB Thread of the same nature.
Now, let us begin:
Most of my information will be transcribed from the SB Thread of the same nature.
Now, let us begin:
SB Rules and Table of Contents said:Table of Contents of Reserved Posts
Post 1 – Table of Contents of Reserved Posts, Moderator Rules for the Thread, Having Baladar Add Things to the Thread, and Acceptable Content for Citations
Post 2 – A Brief Summery of what we happened Until this Point
Post 3 – Dramatis Personae in and Around the Investigations
Post 4 – Timeline of Events Prior to March of 2016
Post 5 – Timeline of Events During the 2016 Election from March Onwards
Post 6 – Timeline of Events and Revelations After the 2016 Election
Post 7 – Current Status of the Investigations into Russian Interference
Post 8 – Results of the Investigations that have Led to Indictments, Plea-bargains, and Convictions.
Post 9 – A Message from the OP
Post 10 and Beyond – Regular Debate and Information Posts
Moderator Rules for Thread
As we all know in debates here things can happen. In Whitehall things happen so much that the mods stopped replaced the glass for their wall cases that read “Break Glass if Emergency Oppression is Needed.” So they have set a number of rules that must be followed to a tee or large, colorful, and unfriendly letters will appear much like the dread avian beast known as the Toucan, bringing you only despair and malice.
This is not a warning, but is a promise.
In addition to the below are all the other rules of debate that must be followed, which can be found here: Link
Special Rules For Special People
1) Include Content in Citation Posts – If you post citations on new events or revelations, please include a brief description and your thoughts on it. Posting a single tweet or citation, without those things can leave some people confused as to what they are looking at, as some browsers and services block all kinds of content; moreover, make sure the citations are credible. I.e. they come from legitimate outlets that have reputable journalistic standards or for technical or legal matters have equally reputable expertise.
2) Stay on Topic – Going on about so and so having the nuclear football or complaints about this law or policy being implemented do not belong here. So keep this in mind.
3) No Low Content Posting – This is a debate/informational thread, so there is to be little to no reaction types of post, sans any other content. Reacting to events in progress or new revelations is acceptable so long as you include a bit of analysis of some kind or your thoughts and feelings on the matter.
4) Don’t Derail with Humor - Not to say everything has to be super serious all the time. Levity, japes, wordplay, and light snark are expected; however, everyone has to stay on topic and not make it chan like or derail things. If three or four posts in a row are joking around only, don’t join in please.
5) No Two Minute Hate Posts – There is to be no posting of anything that exists for the sole purpose of enflaming things, without a possibility of any real debate. Like so and so is a sex offender and it has almost nothing to do with the topic. There are exceptions for news updates for the Dramatis Personae.
6) Try to Ignore Derails and Whataboutisms – There are some people that will try to derail the topics at hand on purpose with unrelated topics or complaints about things completely unrelated. Do your best to gloss over these posts and report them at your own discretion. Keep in mind that some people aren’t trying to derail, but are only making an honest mistake.
7) No Nunes Memes – While we all know the man is annoying and does terrible things, there is to be no writing silly things in giant colorful letters or overly excessive word plays on his name meaning “worse than excrement” or the like. That said things he does or says may be discussed and grumblings about those things are also permissible; however, said grumblings must be kept to a minimum.
All of these rules are to remain in place unless an arbiter, moderator, super mod, or any other staff member alters the rules and we pray they don’t alter them any further. Any alterations will be reflected on this post. In the event of super big things (such as indictments, impeachments, or firings) I fully expect some the above things to be broken to a degree, but I would rather be disappointed. So please don’t break the rules in those sorts of events. Now if the mods relax rules during those times then that will be fine, but please wait for a rule change first.
Having Baladar Add Things to the Thread
If I have overlooked a citation or report that you feel or think should be threadmarked or should be added to the reserved posts, please PM me. I tend to be buried under a mountain of alerts, so I might overlook people mentioning or quoting me. I don’t get many things in my inbox so that might be the best way of getting my attention. Getting in touch with eagle109 or Dalmity is also encouraged, as these two have spent many hours poring over this content to make things more easily understood for all of us; moreover, they have given their blessing to use their hard work from the first thread to make the backbone of the timeline info dumps, so give them mad props.
If you want me to add something to the reserved posts the following must be included in any PM:
Date of publication
A brief one to three line description of what it covers, including which of the Dramatis Personae are involved.
In the event that I am unable to threadmark things due to being banned, being sick, dead, or any other unexpected absence please PM a mod to threadmark your things. Also please pray that I’m not actually in the hospital, in jail, or dead. I don’t want to be any of those things, but I will sort out threadmarks and the like when if and when I get back.
Acceptable Content for Citations
Not every article, document, or report is going to be added to the threadmarks or reserved posts. First and foremost sometimes we see multiple articles covering the same subject or event. I’m only going to add whichever comes first or whichever seems the most credible if lots of people start posting about a thing happening all at once. Secondly, editorials and opinion pieces can be threadmarked; however, they are less likely to wind up in the reserved posts. Those posts are for things we know for a fact or at least things that we credible people have reported to the authorities and/or news organizations. Thirdly, there are sources and types of articles that will require an extremely convincing argument as to why it credible enough to be added.
Here is a partial list:
- The Blaze
- Project Veritas
- Anything that Looks Clickbaity
- Chain Emails
- That Thing From your Grandma on Facebook
- Anything that looks like it will put Malware on Someone’s Computer
- Pictures of Toucans
Forth and finally are videos. Videos that should be threadmarked are things like important congressional hearings, interviews or press conferences that reveal important information, video depositions under oath, or something else that is revealing but is not edited to be misleading. These are naturally a little trickier, but I am not too worried.
Brief Summery of the Current Situation said:A Brief Summery of what we happened Until this Point
The Russian Federation used their intelligence assets to break into computer systems in the United States that belonged to political parties, private individuals, and possibly some belonging to the US government. Using the stolen data the Russian Federation released out of context excerpts, altered emails, and outright false information to the US voting public via third party groups, individuals, and bot nets. This was all done in an effort to poison the well and cause tumultuous presidential term for Hillary Clinton, to possibly elect Donald Trump to the US Presidency, and possibly alter the outcome of other down ballot elections in 2016.
This disinformation campaign was also micro targeted at vulnerable voters in key states using personal information on said voters. It is suspected that this personal information was provided to intermediaries of the Russian Federation by members of the Trump campaign and/or third parties hired by the campaign.
The Russian Federation also electronically broke into voter registration records in many states in the weeks leading up to the election and it is presently unknown if those records were altered; however, it is known that quite a few US voters suddenly found them themselves as inactive voters on election day.
The Ultimate goal of the Russian Federation was to cause the citizens of these United States to suffer disunity, distrust of each other, confusion, fear of our own government, and weaken the United States of America. By this metric the Russian Federation has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.
They have continued to attempt similar disinformation campaigns in other Western Nations, such as the United Kingdom, France and Germany.
Dramatis Personae in and around the Investigation said:Dramatis Personae in and Around the Investigations
Spoiler: Noteworthy Congressional Investigators
Chairman Congressman Devin Nunes (CA) (Infamous on this site for many valid reasons listed in the spoiler below:
Spoiler: This is Why He Gets His Own Rule
Congressman Trey Gowdy (SC)
Ranking Member Congressman Adam Schiff (CA)
Congressman Jim Himes (CT)
Congressman Eric Swalwell (CA)
Chairman Senator Richard Burr (NC)
Senator Marco Rubio (FL)
Senator Susan Collins (ME)
Senator Tom Cotton (AR)
Senator John Cornyn (TX)
Senator John McCain (AZ, Ex officio means "from the office", basically "by right of office")
Senator Mitch McConnell (KY, Ex officio)
Ranking Member Senator Mark Warner (VA)
Senator Dianne Feinstein (CA)
Senator Ron Wyden (OR)
Senator Kamala Harris (CA)
Senator Chuck Schumer (NY, Ex officio)
Chairman Senator Chuck Grassley (IA)
Senator Orrin Hatch (UT)
Senator Lindsey Graham (SC)
Senator John Cornyn (TX)
Senator Ted Cruz (TX)
Senator Jeff Flake (AZ)
Ranking Member Senator Dianne Feinstein (CA)
Senator Patrick Leahy (VT)
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (RI)
Senator Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Senator Richard Blumenthal (CT)
Senator Kamala Harris (CA, from January 9, 2018)
Senator Cory Booker (NJ, from January 9, 2018)
Senator Al Franken (MN, until January 2, 2018)
Timeline of Events up to March 2016 said:
- April, 1984: The Expanding Empire of Donald Trump - New York Times Magazine, April 8, 1984
- November, 1984: Donald Trump, Holding All The Cards The Tower! The Team! The Money! The Future! - Washington Post, November 15, 1984 <- Quote: "[Trump says he has never acted on his nuclear concern. But he says that his good friend Roy Cohn, the flamboyant Republican lawyer, has told him this interview is a perfect time to start. ... He would know what to ask the Russians for, he says. But he would rather not tip his hand publicly."
- July, 1987: Trump May Build Hotels In U.s.s.r. - Philadelphia Inquirer, July 7, 1987 <- Wayback Machine link, original link requires purchase/subscription.
- September, 1987: Trump Gives A Vague Hint Of Candidacy - New York Times, September 2, 1987
- October, 1987: Trump Hints of Dreams Beyond Building - New York Times, October 5, 1987
- December, 1988:
- From the archives: When Trump hoped to meet Gorbachev in Manhattan - Washington Post, December 3, 1988; posted July 10, 2017, 3:26 PM EDT
- The Gorbachev Visit; Manhattan Goes Gorbachev, From Fish to Oreo Cookies - New York Times, December 7, 1988
- June, 1989: A Political Power Broker - New York Times, June 21, 1989 <- Paul Manafort partnered with Roger J. Stone. What a shocker. /s
- March, 1990: Playboy Interview: Donald Trump (1990) - originally March 1990, published online March 9, 2016 <- Yes, freaking PLAYBOY. If you don't want to, read this in private/incognito mode. Why? He mentions about visiting Moscow, bragging on insisting "having two Russian colonels flying with" him, as well real estate negotiations.
- May, 1997: Trump Solo - New Yorker, posted May 12, 1997, 12:00 AM EDT; May 19, 1997 issue; updated June 18, 2016, 4:07 PM EDT
- October, 2000: THE 2000 CAMPAIGN: THE INQUIRY; F.B.I. Widens Investigation Into Debate Leak - New York Times, October 1, 2000 <- When Gore's campaign team got sent Bush Jr.'s debate material, they immediately called the FBI. And what did Don Jr. do when he got offered "dirt" on Hillary? "I love it."
- April, 2001: Russian Network Seized In Raid - Washington Post, April 15, 2001, 12:00 PM EDT <- Michael Caputo once worked for a PR firm that represented Gazprom (one of Russia's big gas companies), that "acquired" NTV, one of the few Russian opposition media outlets. Putin sanctioned the crackdown, for another example of him not liking the free press.
- October, 2004: Trump to close on tower site - Chicago Tribune, October 15, 2004
- March, 2006: German bank may finance proposed twisting tower - Chicago Tribune, March 31, 2006 <- Hello, Deutsche Bank.
- September, 2007: The Missionary Mogul - New York Times Magazine, September 16, 2007 <- QUOTE, "Leviev describes [Vladimir Putin] as a '“true friend.”'"
- November, 2007: Trump awaits city's OK for hotel occupancy - Chicago Tribune, November 20, 2007
- June, 2008: Russian mogul pays Donald Trump $100 million for Florida mansion - New York Daily News, June 21, 2008, 6:00 PM EDT
- July, 2008: From Russia -- With Cash - Wall Street Journal, July 11, 2008, 11:59 PM EDT (paywall)
- September, 2008:
- Executive Talk: Donald Trump Jr. bullish on Russia and few emerging markets - eTrubowNews, September 15, 2008 <- "Oh, I have no deals with Russia," he said.
- Tower trumps slowdown - Chicago Tribune, September 25, 2008
- November, 2008: Trump sues Deutsche Bank over Chicago tower - Reuters, November 10, 2008, 6:34 PM EST
- December, 2008:
- Deutsche Bank sues Trump over hotel loan - Chicago Tribune, December 1, 2008
- Trump receives cash from Deutsche Bank - Chicago Tribune, December 2, 2008
- Trump Sees Act of God in Recession - New York Times, December 4, 2008
- In Hard Times, Russia Tries to Reclaim Industries - New York Times, December 7, 2008
- March, 2009: Donald Trump, Deutsche Bank reach truce over Chicago skyscraper's finances - Chicago Tribune, March 4, 2009
- July, 2011: Russian Officials Receive Blame in Lawyer’s Death - New York Times, July 6, 2011 <- Regarding the Magnitsky Act, named after Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian lawyer who exposed one of the biggest fraud and corruption schemes in Russia, and sadly paid for that act with his life.
- May, 2012:
- Opinion: Immigrants Are The Lifeblood Of U.S. Startups - Forbes, May 1, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT (paywall)
- A Russian Magnate’s Facebook Bet Pays Off Big - New York Times, May 15, 2012, 10:31 PM EDT <- Early signs?
- June, 2012: The Magnitsky Case - New Yorker, June 27, 2012, 1:59 PM EDT
- October, 2012:
- Zuckerberg goes to Moscow - Salon, October 1, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT <- Saw quite the newer comments raging at Zuckerberg about this.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg meets excited Russian prime minister - Guardian, October 1, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
- Zuckerberg Meets With Medvedev in a Crucial Market - New York Times, October 1, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
- Why Facebook Suddenly Likes Russia - Business Insider, October 1, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
- November, 2012: Did Facebook Give Democrats the Upper Hand? - The Atlantic, November 8, 2012, 12:42 PM EST <- Facebook's ever changing presence and involvement.
- July, 2013: Exclusive: How Ukraine Wooed Conservative Websites - BuzzFeed, July 16, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT <- Viktor Yanukovych, former president of Ukraine, was pretty much a lackey of Putin and was promoted by - wait for it - Paul Manafort.
- September, 2013: Opinion: Putin is the one who really deserves that Nobel Peace Prize - Fox News, September 10, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT <- Opinion piece by K. T. McFarland, who was Flynn's subordinate.
- February, 2014:
- Mystery Deepens: Where Is Yanukovych? - NBC News, February 22, 2014, 4:38 PM EST, updated 5:25 PM EST <- Viktor Yanukovych was the former President of Ukraine that Paul Manafort was lobbying for.
- Ukraine’s D.C. Lobbyists in Disarray as Dictator Flees - Daily Beast, February 25, 2014, 6:11 PM EST
- March, 2014: Kremlin Finds a Defender in Congress - New York Times, March 28, 2014 <- Hey, to any of y'all in Rohrabacher's district, VOTE HIM OUT.
- April, 2014: Head of Pentagon intelligence agency forced out, officials say - Washington Post, April 30, 2014
- May, 2014:
- NPC Luncheon with Donald Trump, chairman and president of the Trump Organization - The National Press Club, May 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT <- Trump bragging about Putin.
- Donald Trump’s eight biggest boasts at the National Press Club speech - Washington Post, May 27, 2014, 3:23 PM EDT
- June, 2014: Facebook Could Decide an Election Without Anyone Ever Finding Out - New Republic, June 1, 2014
- July, 2014: Yuri Vanetik: Sanctions on Russia works in Putin’s favor - OC Register, July 24, 2014, 12:00 AM GMT (July 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT/5:00 PM PDT) <- Sanctions issue.
- January, 2015: Undercover Banker: Feds Bust Russian Spy Ring in New York - Foreign Policy, January 26, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT <- Rachel Maddow mentioned this case when she was covering about Carter Page and FISA.
- April, 2015: The right’s new Clinton obsession just went mainstream: How a sketchy Hillary “exposé” hooked the New York Times - Salon, April 21, 2015, 5:59 AM EDT <- Because of how often and how much the GOP/right-wing bashes the Clintons.
- June, 2015: Facebook Adds Kaspersky Malware Scan - Adweek, June 29, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT <- Thanks a LOT, Facebook.
- September, 2015:
- Trump and Obama: A Night to Remember - New Yorker, September 12, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
- Trump’s Record On Russia: Snubbed By Gorbachev, Fooled By Impostor - BuzzFeed, September 18, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
- October, 2015: Putin loves Donald Trump - Washington Examiner, October 17, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
- November, 2015:
- Here's the Deal With That Putin 60 Minutes Episode Trump Mentioned - TIME, November 11, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
- Here are options for responding to Russia’s media strategy - Washington Post, November 19, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
- December, 2015:
- Memory Lapse? Trump Seeks Distance From 'Advisor' With Past Ties to Mafia - ABC News, December 10, 2015, 7:30 AM EDT
- Trump and the Goodfellas - Wall Street Journal, December 11, 2015, 6:48 PM EST (paywall)
- Trump Continues His Embrace of Putin - NBC News, December 18, 2015, 10:41 AM EDT
- January, 2016:
- Trump’s bad bet: How too much debt drove his biggest casino aground - Washington Post, January 18, 2016, 7:03 PM EST <- "He's a great businessman," they said. So none of the US banks would loan him money after too many failures, but Deutsche Bank and most of their financing is from Russia, according to Don Jr.
- Caught between Russia and the US? The curious case of Ukraine's Dmytro Firtash - Guardian, January 23, 2016, 2:00 AM EST
- TRANSCRIPT: Meet the Press - January 24, 2016 - NBC News, January 24, 2016, 11:48 AM EST <- Some of Trump's comments.
- March, 2016:
- Donald Trump Did Some Very Classy Favors in the ’80s for a Three-Time Felon and Cocaine Trafficker - Slate, March 1, 2016, 7:06 AM EST
- Trump as National Security Threat - Lawfare, March 2, 2016, 10:44 AM EST
- Donald Trump’s Presidential Run Began in an Effort to Gain Stature - New York Times, March 13, 2016 (published March 13, 2016, 12:52 EST); updated October 27, 2016, 6:25 AM EDT
- Trump’s Long Romance With Russia - Bloomberg, March 15, 2016, 11:04 AM EDT
- When Donald Trump Needs a Loan, He Chooses Deutsche Bank - Wall Street Journal, March 19, 2016, 5:30 AM EDT (paywall)
- Trump names foreign policy team members - Politico, March 21, 2016, 1:16 PM EDT<- Hello, George Papadopolous.
- Donald Trump’s New Foreign Policy Advisers Are as Rotten as His Steaks - Daily Beast, March 21, 2016 4:00 PM EDT
- One of Trump’s foreign policy advisers is a 2009 college grad who lists Model UN as a credential - Washington Post, March 21, 2016, 6:33 PM EDT; updated March 22, 2016, 10:57 AM EDT
- Trump's foreign policy team baffles GOP experts - Politico, March 21, 2016, 7:45 PM EDT; updated March 22, 2016, 12:57 PM EDT
- Donald Trump unveils list of foreign policy advisers - CBS News, March 22, 2016, 12:45 PM EDT
- Donald Trump’s $95M record-setter turns out to be a tear-down - Palm Beach Daily, March 26, 2016 8:25 PM EDT; updated March 27, 2016, 10:16 AM EDT
Event timeline leading up to the 2016 Election from March 2016 Onwards said:
- March, 2016:
- Early March 2016 - George Papadopoulos joins Trump campaign as advisor.
- March 2016 (exact dates unknown) - FBI receives document purporting interference by Loretta Lynch on Clinton email investigation, later suspected to be Russian misinformation.
- March 14-24 - George Papadopoulos comes into contact with the 'professor' in Italy, later identified as Joseph Mifsud who reaches out with offers of high-level Russian contacts.
- Papadopoulos sends proposed meeting details to other Trump campaign officials. Acknowledged by campaign supervisor.
- March 19, 2016 - John Podesta's emails first hacked.
- March 28, 2016 - Paul Manafort joins the campaign - recommended by Roger Stone.
- March 31, 2016 - Trump holds first meeting with foreign policy advisers.
- Papadopoulos offers to set up Putin-Trump meeting. Sessions 'forgets' conversation.
- April, 2016:
- April, 2016 - Papadopoulos continues to update Trump campaign on his outreach effort to Russia contacts, (Later downplayed and denied)
- April 25**, 2016 - Papadopoulos emails a senior Trump campaign foreign policy adviser of an “open invitation” from Russian government to Trump for a meeting.
- April 26**, 2016 - London. Papadopoulos is told by Mifsud that Russia has thousands of emails belonging to Clinton.
- April 27, 2016 - A suspected meeting in the Mayflower Hotel between Sessions, Kislyak, Kushner.
- May, 2016:
- May, 2016 - George Papadopoulos, after night of drinking reveals his knowledge of Russian penetration of Clinton emails to Australian diplomat in London. Australian authorities alert FBI, incident possibly used to obtain FISA warrant on Trump campaign.
- May 4**, 2016 - Papadopoulos receives and forwards email from Russian contacts of Russian willingness to cooperate with Trump campaign.
- May 19, 2016 - Manafort officially becomes campaign chairman for Trump campaign. Unpaid.
- May 21, 2016 - Papadopoulos emails Manafort about previous correspondence with Russia. "We need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips. It should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal."
- May 26, 2016 - Donald Trump becomes presumptive Republican nominee, passing the threshold of 1237 delegates to secure nomination.
- June, 2016:
- June, 2016 - Steele hired by Fusion GPS to compile Trump dossier, previously funded by anti-Trump Republicans.
- June 3-8, 2016 (Trump Jr released it.) - Trump Jr. informed in email correspondence with Rob Goldstone that compromising information on Hillary Clinton was offered by Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Russian government was source of information, Trump Jr. interested. Goldstone arranges meeting between Trump Jr and Veselnitskaya.
- June 7, 2016 - Trump makes speech after June 7 primaries promising dirt on Clinton.
- June 9, 2016 approximately 4:00-4:30pm - Trump Jr., Manafort, Kushner meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya in Trump Tower, seeking compromising information on Hillary Clinton. Meeting believed to have included at least 8 people, including Rob Goldstone and former Soviet counter-intelligence agent/lobbyist Rinat Akhmetshin. Meeting undisclosed by Kushner/Manafort. Trump Sr. co-incidentally in NYC on same day.
- June 9, 2016 4:40pm - Donald Trump Sr.'s first tweets about Hillary's missing 33,000 emails.
- June 12, 2016 - Assange announces Wikileaks will publish more hacked Hillary Clinton emails.
- June 15, 2016 - Guccifer 2.0 releases DNC opp research on Trump, first of DNC leaks linked to Russian hackers.
- June 19*,2016 - Papadopoulos emails Trump campaign officials of offer to make 'off the record' trip to Moscow to meet with Russian officials.
- July, 2016:
- July 5, 2016 - James Comey uses dubious intelligence document as justification for a public lambasting of Clinton, ending email investigation.
- July 7, 2016 - Carter Page travels to Moscow for lecture with Trump campaign approval. Triggers FBI surveillance warrant. Also admitted to have met Russian officials, Rosneft executive in sworn testimony.
- July 2016* - FBI starts investigation on Trump campaign.
- July 2016* - Cybersecurity expert Matt Tait approached by GOP operative Peter Smith, asked to verify hacked Clinton emails from unknown source.
- July 11-12, 2016 - Trump campaign intervenes in Republican Party platform to remove call to arm Ukraine against Russian aggression.
- July 18, 2016 - Sessions and Kislyak's 1st forgotten, undisclosed meeting.
- July 18-21, 2016 - Republican National Convention, Trump becomes nominee.
- -Anti-Russian language in support of Ukraine dropped from Republican platform
- -Sessions and Page both have passing meetings with Kislyak.
- July 22, 2016 - Wikileaks releases DNC emails.
- July 27, 2016 - Trump asks Russia to release Clinton emails in press conference. “If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing”
- August, 2016:
- August 19, 2016 - Manafort exits Trump campaign over scrutiny on Ukraine/Russia connections and unregistered work as a 'foreign agent'.
- August 15**, 2016 - Trump campaign supervisor green-lights Papadopoulos trip to Moscow, encouraging him to make it if feasible. No follow-up.
- August 21, 2016 - Stone tweets "It will soon be Podesta's time in the barrel."
- August 23, 2016 - Stone privately communicates with Guccifer 2.0.
- September, 2016:
- September 8, 2016 - Sessions and Kislyak has another preplanned meeting. Also later 'forgotten' by Sessions.
- September 23, 2016 - Public reports that Carter Page is being investigated for ties with senior Russian officials.
- September 26, 2016 - Page takes 'leave of absence' from Trump campaign.
- October, 2016:
- October 8, 2016 4:00pm - "Access Hollywood" tape released.
- October 8, 2016 4:30pm - Podesta emails released on Wikileaks (first batch).
- October 11, 2016 - Donald Trump Jr gives paid pro-Russian speech in Paris.
- October 12, 2016 - Stone tells local news station he has back-channel communication with Assange.
- October 31, 2016 - First media reports of "Steele Dossier" circulate.
- November, 2016:
- November 8, 2016 - Trump wins presidential election.