What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump-Russia Investigation Thread: Mueller Goes Terminator Edition

Reaction..

• Huh?

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Seriously?

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • ... are we in some crappy technothriller?

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • WTF?

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
My bet is the heat is on they just set the thermostat for the building from the guard station so 72f at best in the cell blocks, plus it not being carpeted and the furniture steel, well jails suck it will leach the heat out of you and when you add in the base calorie of the meal plan, well you are going to feel cold there
Well, when you grab a naive girl a day before a major political meeting on totally ridiculous charges, falsely accuse her of being basically a prostitute, give her a strip search after every visit and keep her in solitary confinement in a cold cell, don't be surprised that people will find that pretty disgusting...

Thay being said, please ensure any prisoners who are interred in solitary confinement receive humane treatment. As in no leaving the prisoner in a cold cell in winter please.
The thing with that is that if you do that, the prison will get sued or get the civil rights people to bug the local commission enough to go through with an inspection.

Well, when you grab a naive girl a day before a major political meeting on totally ridiculous charges, falsely accuse her of being basically a prostitute, give her a strip search after every visit and keep her in solitary confinement in a cold cell, don't be surprised that people will find that pretty disgusting...
so you find the entire penal system of the US equally immoral in it's conduct to everyone in it's charge because she not being treated any worse then anyone else with what we've been able to confirm?

Like I care about your opinion of my credibility or Russia's moral whatever ground. In this case I care about one person being handled like shit for purely political reason. You should try thinking about people before you think about who has which ground.
Even so, I wouldn't put it here if it weren't for Aaron's "spy story" articles about her that he put here before. It makes me mad when people lie too much.
The fun thing is that you behave as if we were supposed to believe Russian diplomats quoted by Sputnik News.

Day 706 of... Stupidgate (although at this point we'll need to call it something else)...
eagle109 has been going on overdrive with this.

Here is some of the highlights:

Ex-Mossad Head: Russia Decided Trump Was Their Best Candidate, and Ran Him for President - Haaretz, December 25, 2018, 4:34 AM EST (11:34 AM IST)
Former Mossad chief Tamir Pardo said Monday that Russia deployed tens of thousands of bots to influence the 2016 U.S. elections in favor of Donald Trump, but not because Trump is a great friend of Russia.

Speaking at The Marker's digital conference, Pardo said that it seems to him that the Russians simply chose to support the candidate that would be the most politically advantageous for them.

Pardo said they took a look at the political map in Washington, "and thought, which candidate would we like to have sitting in the White House? Who will help us achieve our goals? And they chose him. From that moment, they deployed a system [of bots] for the length of the elections, and ran him for president."
_____
Then there is the likelihood that Flynn is a repeat of Nixon's National Security Adviser Richard Allen:

The delayed sentencing of former national security adviser Michael Flynn — for lying to investigators about "sensitive matters" discussed with the Russian ambassador to the United States during the Trump presidential transition — leaves unanswered questions about alleged collusion between Flynn and the Russians during the 2016 campaign.

It also evokes parallels with another former national security adviser, Richard Allen. Allen played a leading role in the Anna Chennault affair, a secret plan formed by Richard Nixon's campaign to collude with the South Vietnamese government during the 1968 presidential campaign and sabotage Vietnam peace talks in Paris to ensure a Nixon victory.

In the final eight days of the 1968 campaign, thanks to Vietnamese cables intercepted by the NSA and loose talk on Wall Street, Johnson discovered what Nixon was up to and ordered the wiretap on the South Vietnamese Embassy and FBI physical surveillance of Chennault. But Johnson and his Cabinet ultimately decided they couldn't inject intelligence from classified sources into an election campaign. Allen, Hill and Mitchell were never questioned about the Chennault affair, and historians had to wait until "the 'X' envelope" containing Johnson's file on Chennault was unsealed in 1994 to learn what Johnson knew at the time.
Rachel Maddow hosted a MSNBC special on Nixon, "Betrayal: The Plot That Won the White House", November 19 this year, and if you're able to find video of it, it's definitely worth a watch because of how eerily what Nixon did during his 1968 campaign parallels to the Trump campaign.
____
Has Mueller Subpoenaed the President? - POLITICO Magazine, October 31, 2018, 5:16 PM EDT
But thanks to some careful reporting by Politico, which I have analyzed from my perspective as a former prosecutor, we might have stumbled upon How Robert Mueller Is Spending His Midterms: secretly litigating against President Donald Trump for the right to throw him in the grand jury.

The evidence lies in obscure docket entries at the clerk's office for the D.C. Circuit. Thanks to Politico's Josh Gerstein and Darren Samuelsohn, we know that on August 16 (the day after Giuliani said he was almost finished with his memorandum, remember), a sealed grand jury case was initiated in the D.C. federal district court before Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell. We know that on September 19, Howell issued a ruling and five days later one of the parties appealed to the D.C. Circuit. And, thanks to Politico's reporting, we know that the special counsel's office is involved (because the reporter overheard a conversation in the clerk's office). We can further deduce that the special counsel prevailed in the district court and that the presumptive grand jury witness has frantically appealed that order and sought special treatment from the judges of the D.C. Circuit—often referred to as the "second-most important court in the land."

Nothing about the docket sheets, however, discloses the identity of the witness. Politico asked many of the known attorneys for Mueller witnesses—including Jay Sekulow, another Trump lawyer—and each one denied knowledge of the identity of the witness. (What, of course, would we expect a lawyer to say when asked about a proceeding the court has ordered sealed?)

We cannot know, from the brief docket entries that are available to us in this sealed case, that the matter involves Trump. But we do know from Politico's reporting that it involves the special counsel and that the action here was filed the day after Giuliani noted publicly, "[W]e're pretty much finished with our memorandum opposing a subpoena." We know that the district court had ruled in favor of the special counsel and against the witness; that the losing witness moved with alacrity and with authority; and that the judges have responded with accelerated rulings and briefing schedules. We know that Judge Katsas, Trump's former counsel and nominee, has recused himself. And we know that this sealed legal matter will come to a head in the weeks just after the midterm elections.
... a possibility, a possibility...
____
How Russia's "influence operations" targeted the midterms (and how they still do) - Ars Technica, October 22, 2018, 7:45 PM EDT; updated October 23, 2018, 10:07 AM EDT
Both Twitter's data and the indictment are data points in the history of "Project Lakhta," a wide-ranging campaign to shape the political and cultural discussions in Russia, Ukraine, Western Europe, and the United States. The campaign started in earnest in 2014, though the Internet Research Agency's efforts date back even further in Russia. The Internet Research Agency, also known as the IRA, was but one of several organizations enlisted in these efforts; the operation also enlisted a number of media organizations, including the Federal News Agency (FAN). FAN operates the "USA Really" propaganda site, which was launched earlier this year, as well as associated social media accounts that have been leveraged as part of the campaign.

According to the FBI affidavit that led to the indictment of Elena Alekseevna Khusyaynova last week, Khusyaynova managed the financing of the organizations under the Project Lakhta umbrella and funneled $35 million to various entities to fund social media and propaganda operations. These activities in the US included covering the expenditures of "activists," purchasing advertisements on social media platforms with faked US identities, operating proxy servers in the US, and "promoting news postings on social networks."

The campaign in the US, which ramped up in 2015, was much more significant in scope and effort. By 2015, more than 35 percent of IRA's tweets were in English and focused on the US; by the next three years, US-focused tweets would make up more than half (peaking at 57 percent during the 2016 presidential campaign).

so you find the entire penal system of the US equally immoral in it's conduct to everyone in it's charge because she not being treated any worse then anyone else with what we've been able to confirm?
If that's the usual treatment for everybody then yes, your penal system is immoral as hell.
The fun thing is that you behave as if we were supposed to believe Russian diplomats quoted by Sputnik News.
Nobody is disputing the stated facts, people just don't care. And also I don't care what you believe or not believe, IIRC you're the guy who saw Russian meddling in the last French election even when the head of French cybersecurity found none, so... no, I really don't care :)

If that's the usual treatment for everybody then yes, your penal system is immoral as hell.

Well how would you ensure people didn't use vists to smugle in escape tools or other contraband? or is imprisonment a moral wrong?

Well how would you ensure people didn't use vists to smugle in escape tools or other contraband? or is imprisonment a moral wrong?
OK, so seriously, is everybody in US jails getting strip searches after every visit?

OK, so seriously, is everybody in US jails getting strip searches after every visit?

Some people in the USA would like to have everyone who is not a citizen strip searched before entering, while in USA and any time they feel like it.

For security, you know.

in my state yes it's sop for all direct contact visits
OMG... so everybody, every time they want to visit someone in prison, basically have to decide "will I go see them and by that force a strip search on them, or will I leave them alone in there?"
Oh my Europe, you are heaven.

Nobody is disputing the stated facts, people just don't care. And also I don't care what you believe or not believe, IIRC you're the guy who saw Russian meddling in the last French election even when the head of French cybersecurity found none, so... no, I really don't care :)

Man, you're doing a fairly bad job at gaslighting.

Which is an impressive achievement in a thread where we mock Aaron for his conspiracy theories. @Wakko is just the reverse @Aaron Fox now, heh heh.
You have yet to provide one real fact in addition to your snark. No wonder you got booted from SB, heh heh.
See? I can do that to...

You have yet to provide one real fact in addition to your snark. No wonder you got booted from SB, heh heh.
See? I can do that to...
Le Yawn. If you don't wanna try to be slightly more believable while spouting the party line, be my guest. But you just make Aaron Fox seem a little bit less crazy with your blatant attempts at what is in the end some obvious and amateurish propaganda. It reminds me how on SB you and others were parroting the increasingly unbelievable Russian claims on the airliner Russia's patsies shot down accidentally.

*pops some popcorn into his gob*

... carry on, fellas.
Nah, I'm done for now. Not waisting my time on more snark. Just got a refresher on the old Rufus from SB, that was useful.

Nah, I'm done for now. Not waisting my time on more snark. Just got a refresher on the old Rufus from SB, that was useful.
Yep, the one who calls on the bullshit from every side and who thus gets flak from propaganda parrots of both the West and the East.

Yep, the one who calls on the bullshit from every side and who thus gets flak from propaganda parrots of both the West and the East.

Ok, so you guys are done, yeah? Now shake hands, after this you're going to a pub. Rufus'll be footing the tab this turn.

No wonder you got booted from SB, heh heh.
I don't think either of you should be banned tbh. Perma bans should be used usually when the person is question is a negative to the forum and you both add to it.

Shaking hands? Fuck, you want me to get Novichoked to death?
I won't waste the good stuff on you man, you're French so cheap cologne will be enough...
I don't think either of you should be banned tbh. Perma bans should be used usually when the person is question is a negative to the forum and you both add to it.
I'm not banned on SB, I just like(d?) the atmo here better. And TBH I don't think Rufus should have been banned too, I just get why it happened.

Don Jr. Hides Out From Mueller As He Flees To Canada Ahead Of Possible Indictment - DC Tribune

Don Jr. Hides Out From Mueller As He Flees To Canada Ahead Of Possible Indictment - DC Tribune 12/27/18 ~ 2 hours ago
Tweet

Honestly, the nearly two years of waiting for some kind of bombshell activity — not just headline — in the Robert Mueller probe has seemed more like nearly ten years. That could be an effect of "Trump time," where each minute feels like an hour and every hour a day. Or it could, in fact, be an overload of activity of other sorts: It's hard to keep track of what's going on with one outrage of the Trump administration when there are outrages stacked upon one another in an outrage-flavored, Dagwood-style sandwich of outrages.
That's why I don't hold it against anyone if their spirit is a little overtaxed and they're skeptical of new developments in the Mueller probe. If the last two years have taught Americans any lesson at all, it's that with a big enough measure of incompetence, nothing means anything at all anymore.
And Junior himself? He very conspicuously left for Canada on a "hunting trip" before the end of that week. I'm not sure if there are any safari animals in Ontario, but at least he can perhaps avoid looking like a mounted gazelle when his indictment is announced.
Wow, last I've checked, Canada has an extradition treaty with the US, which means he'll be nabbed by the Monties if push gets to shove. The only place on the planet that he'll be able to escape would be Russia... Most other places would have the CIA either grabbing him and drag him to court or making his brains become part of the scenery...

Back
Top Bottom