What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump-Russia Investigation Thread: Mueller Goes Terminator Edition

Reaction..

• Huh?

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Seriously?

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • ... are we in some crappy technothriller?

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • WTF?

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
My favorite part of RUSSIANS UNDER THE BED was when Maddow claimed that the presence of a Russian couple at Trump's inauguration was evidence of something.
This is my favourite Maddow moment (and the last thing ever I saw of her, after that I started to avoid her like the plague):

This is the WHAT IF THE RUSSIANS FROZE YOU TO DEATH?!?!? one, right?
Nothing terribly exciting about this one, as cyberattacks on critical infrastructure indeed could be devastating, as the attack on Ukrainian power grid clearly demonstrated. The American national security establishment made a right call when they brought this problem to the attention of those whom it may concern.

This is the WHAT IF THE RUSSIANS FROZE YOU TO DEATH?!?!? one, right?
Yep that's the one.

Nothing terribly exciting about this one, as cyberattacks on critical infrastructure indeed could be devastating, as the attack on Ukrainian power grid clearly demonstrated. The American national security establishment made a right call when they brought this problem to the attention of those whom it may concern.
Except Maddow doesn't ask "why" would "the Russians" do that. In her mind they're scary monsters looking for a way to kill Americans. It's scaremongering of a seriously sick kind.

We're talking about Maddow, not the national security establishment.

After HRC's insane smear of Gabbard and Jill Stein as Russian assets, can we please stop pretending that Russiagate was ever anything other than a scam? Learn from experience?

It's not shameful to fall for a scam. Scams work. And not just on dumb people. Admitting that you were deceived isn't a confession of stupidity.

After HRC's insane smear of Gabbard and Jill Stein as Russian assets, can we please stop pretending that Russiagate was ever anything other than a scam? Learn from experience?

It's not shameful to fall for a scam. Scams work. And not just on dumb people. Admitting that you were deceived isn't a confession of stupidity.
Ummm.... people have been saying that about Stein since shortly after the election, when photos surfaced of her having dinner with the same Russian oligarchs Trump Jr was supposed to have met with. And about Gabbard since this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...9-8949-5f36ff92706e_story.html?outputType=amp

So go back to the_seitch with the other trumpers.

Ummm.... people have been saying that about Stein since shortly after the election, when photos surfaced of her having dinner with the same Russian oligarchs Trump Jr was supposed to have met with. And about Gabbard since this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/tulsi-gabbards-syria-record-shows-why-she-cant-be-president/2019/08/01/f804c790-b497-11e9-8949-5f36ff92706e_story.html?outputType=amp

That might not be the case, exactly... as what little we believe is happening between Putin and Trump is due to Putin having 'dirt' on Trump. Stein might be in the same boat, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Oh come on, do you still think that is possible?
Have you seen Super 8? An excellent movie, and in it there's a fantastic scene of a train crash. It's very long. You watch and watch the carnage, and at least ten times you think "ok, that's it" and ten times another burning boxcar flies across the view... I'd say we're not even at the 5th boxcar right now.

Last edited:
Oh come on, do you still think that is possible?
Have you seen Super 8? An excellent movie, and in it there's a fantastic scene of a train crash. It's very long. You watch and watch the carnage, and at least ten times you think "ok, that's it" and ten times another burning boxcar flies across the view... I'd say we're not even at the 5th boxcar right now.

Sometimes I feel that I'm in that South Park episode about Mormons. You know the one that I mean?

"John Smith says he spoke with God."

"That must be true! Why would anyone make that up?"

I mean, how many times can the wallet inspector ask to see your wallet, and when he gives it back all your money is gone?

"Guys, it's the DNC. Our servers got hacked. Instead of giving the server to the police, instead we sent it to this company that we hired. Guess what -- they say it was the Russians! Then we had to destroy all the servers!"

Nothing suspicious about that, nope.

Sometimes I feel that I'm in that South Park episode about Mormons. You know the one that I mean?

"John Smith says he spoke with God."

"That must be true! Why would anyone make that up?"

I mean, how many times can the wallet inspector ask to see your wallet, and when he gives it back all your money is gone?

"Guys, it's the DNC. Our servers got hacked. Instead of giving the server to the police, instead we sent it to this company that we hired. Guess what -- they say it was the Russians! Then we had to destroy all the servers!"

Nothing suspicious about that, nope.
What I like most is the "either you believe it all, or you're a Trumpist!" I really do like it, as long as this kind of bipolar politics rules in Washington, the US won't be able to do shit like Iraq 2003.

What I like most is the "either you believe it all, or you're a Trumpist!" I really do like it, as long as this kind of bipolar politics rules in Washington, the US won't be able to do shit like Iraq 2003.
more "if you don't think there's enough bad stuff here that he shouldn't be permitted to remain president" as opposed to "if you don't believe every single bit"

It's part of the scam. If you don't believe the wallet inspector, you're a bad person. You don't want to be a bad person, do you? Give the wallet inspector your wallet. If any money is missing, itwas bad people that don't trust wallet inspectors that did it.

You think it's odd that the lawyer at the Trump Tower meeting is a former employee of the same company that did the Steele Dossier, and met with current employees of that company on the day before and after? You think that sounds a little like maybe it was a setup? Well, you're a bad person if you think that. You don't want to be a bad person, do you?

Last edited:
more "if you don't think there's enough bad stuff here that he shouldn't be permitted to remain president" as opposed to "if you don't believe every single bit"
Except that's not what is happeninig, not even what you're doing:
Why? Why call somebody a "trumper" for criticizing some nasty things going on in the Dem party?

You know, I doubt there are 3 people on this forum who believe that Trump should be a president. I know I don't believe it, and I'm pretty sure Alcibiades also doesn't believe it. Not because he's "Putin's Puppet" (zero proof) or because he was looking for dirt on Bidens (I still haven't seen a single line from a transcript that would say so), but simply because he's racist, sexist, arrogant, corrupt and dumb P.O.S. with illusions of grandeur, and his policies are horrible. But that doesn't mean that we have to love everything the Dems are doing, especially when we think they're doing dumb shit (like nominating Biden, FFS) that will, in the end, give Trump 4 more years in the WH.

Except that's not what is happeninig, not even what you're doing:

Why? Why call somebody a "trumper" for criticizing some nasty things going on in the Dem party?

You know, I doubt there are 3 people on this forum who believe that Trump should be a president. I know I don't believe it, and I'm pretty sure Alcibiades also doesn't believe it. Not because he's "Putin's Puppet" (zero proof) or because he was looking for dirt on Bidens (I still haven't seen a single line from a transcript that would say so), but simply because he's racist, sexist, arrogant, corrupt and dumb P.O.S. with illusions of grandeur, and his policies are horrible. But that doesn't mean that we have to love everything the Dems are doing, especially when we think they're doing dumb shit (like nominating Biden, FFS) that will, in the end, give Trump 4 more years in the WH.
What the fuck does my post even have to do with the democrats? It was responding to someone saying that the entire scandal of Trump and Russia was a fabrication, despite confirmation by every single intelligence agency the US has

What the fuck does my post even have to do with the democrats? It was responding to someone saying that the entire scandal of Trump and Russia was a fabrication, despite confirmation by every single intelligence agency the US has
Confirmation of what? The services have confirmed that Trump has collaborated with Russian government? When? And why, if it is so, isn't Trump in jail? I'm reading here that he's got a terminator going after him... :)

Confirmation of what? The services have confirmed that Trump has collaborated with Russian government? When? And why, if it is so, isn't Trump in jail? I'm reading here that he's got a terminator going after him... :)

You're dealing with a cult at this point, man. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two virtual eyes.

Guys, it's time to face reality.

There was no collusion between Trump and Russia. That was made up by Fusion GPS. Which is why Mueller didn't find any, Which is why every single bombshell alleging to prove otherwise fizzled out. Because it didn't exist.

This is a scam that the DNC is using to attack its enemies, both those inside the party and outside it. If someone can't figure it out by this point, I have to wonder about their sanity.

If I may quote Matt Taibbi,

Everyone is foreign scum these days. Democrats spent three years trying to prove Donald Trump is a Russian pawn. Mitch McConnell is "Moscow Mitch." Third party candidates are a Russian plot. The Bernie Sanders movement is not just a wasteland of racist and misogynist "Bros," but according to intelligence agencies and mainstream pundits alike the beneficiary of an ambitious Russian plot to "stoke the divide" within the Democratic Party. The Joe Rogan independents attracted to the mild antiwar message of Tulsi Gabbard are likewise traitors and dupes for the Kremlin.

If you're keeping score, that's pretty much the whole spectrum of American political thought, excepting MSNBC Democrats. What a coincidence!

Last edited:
This is a scam that the DNC is using to attack its enemies, both those inside the party and outside it. If someone can't figure it out by this point, I have to wonder about their sanity.
Bezrukov was on Solovyev recently, and he explained it very logically: the Democrats desperately need to prevent any third-party candidates, which would split the democratic vote. That is why Hillary came out of the shadows recently (a big strategic mistake IMO) and why she attacked Tulsi Gabbard with the same old - and in Gabbard's case incredibly stupid - story. It's obvious that the Wall Street-friendly corporate democrats don't want to (or are unable to - they would risk losing Wall Street campaign money) negotiate a party programme that would be acceptable to the social-oriented wing of the party, so the only option they've got is to beat it into submission. They also have to do it in a way that won't look like obvious manipulation, since that would discourage Democratic voters.

Bezrukov was on Solovyev recently, and he explained it very logically: the Democrats desperately need to prevent any third-party candidates, which would split the democratic vote. That is why Hillary came out of the shadows recently (a big strategic mistake IMO) and why she attacked Tulsi Gabbard with the same old - and in Gabbard's case incredibly stupid - story. It's obvious that the Wall Street-friendly corporate democrats don't want to (or are unable to - they would risk losing Wall Street campaign money) negotiate a party programme that would be acceptable to the social-oriented wing of the party, so the only option they've got is to beat it into submission. They also have to do it in a way that won't look like obvious manipulation, since that would discourage Democratic voters.

I don't think so -- simply because the Dems CAN'T prevent third-party candidates!

But they CAN scare Dem voters into not supporting people like Gabbard. Which maybe is what you are getting at in the second part of the paragraph.,

EDIT: well, they can try, but it won't work, because while this approach might work on the MSNBC demographic, Sanders and Gabbard supporters already think that the DNC is corrupt and this is more of their corruption.

Last edited:
I don't think so -- simply because the Dems CAN'T prevent third-party candidates!
But that's what they're trying to do by labeling even potential third-party candidates as Russian agents. I know it's crazy, incredibly non-democratic and most likely futile... but you know how arrogance can change understanding of reality.

EDIT: well, they can try, but it won't work, because while this approach might work on the MSNBC demographic, Sanders and Gabbard supporters already think that the DNC is corrupt and this is more of their corruption.
And this is the reason why they need to scare them to not even run as 3rd party. Simply trying to blacken them won't work when part of the Dem voter pool doesn't believe anything that comes out of Hillary's circle.

Uh... stupid intensifies. Somehow there is still room to intensify.

Several lawmakers leaving the facility said that some of the Republicans had brought their phones, even though electronics are not allowed. All members of Congress are familiar with the protocol of the SCIF, since they are often invited to classified briefings, and there are several such rooms around the Capitol.

Lawmakers described a chaotic scene. Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz said she had just walked into the room when the Republican lawmakers blew past Capitol Police officers and Democratic staffers. The staff member who was checking identification at the entrance was "basically overcome" by the Republicans, she said.

"Literally some of them were just screaming about the president and what we're doing to him and that we have nothing and just all things that were supportive of the president," Wasserman Schultz said.

IT could be questioned whether or not this qualifies as intimidation of any whistleblowers or other witnesses that agree to testify. It certainly is a violation of quite a few laws pertaining to national security. Sure, Republicans are above the law and nothing has happened or will happen over this, but we see how things will find a way to only get worse as half of the US political spectrum brazenly defies the Constitution that they claim to love.

So, at this point all 30 of them have committed larger breeches of national security regulation than Hillary ever did. Will our resident Trump supporters join us in calling for their arrest and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law? @Alcibiades?

So, at this point all 30 of them have committed larger breeches of national security regulation than Hillary ever did. Will our resident Trump supporters join us in calling for their arrest and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law? @Alcibiades?

But her emails!?

There are, as of writing, 432 voting members in the House, 197 of whom are Republicans.

Of the total, there are 103 members on the Intelligence, Oversight or Foreign Affairs committees, all of whom are allowed to participate in the inquiry hearings. Forty-eight of them are Republicans.

In other words, 1 out of every 4 Republicans in the House can participate in the inquiry hearings anyway. That doesn't include Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), who is also allowed to participate. It does include Rep. Greg Pence (R-Ind.), the brother of the vice president. He sits on the Foreign Affairs committee.

According to a news release sent from Gaetz's office that was spotted by journalist Marcy Wheeler, 41 Republicans joined Gaetz's sit-in protest Wednesday. Of that group, more than a quarter — 13 — were members of the three relevant committees and, therefore, allowed to attend the hearings! Those 13, in fact, make up more than a quarter of all of the Republicans allowed to attend the hearings. They also included Rep. Lee Zeldin (N.Y.), who bragged during an interview on Fox News this week that he'd attended more of the hearings than Schiff.

To try and call this anything more than a publicity stunt would be completely dishonest. Dozens of GOP members committed actual felonies, breached national security, and violated any of the signed contracts that they have to make in order to receive any sort of classified information... even though some of them could attend legally, and the rest would be getting a transcript after classified information was removed.

But her emails!?
More of a Benghazi(!!!) sort of thing.

You know, those seven Republican witch hunts that routinely took place behind closed doors exactly like is happening now. Except hey weren't partisan or hiding anything, honest *crosses fingers behind back*.

Oh, and some more fun for the day, since it hasn't been discussed:

Senate Republicans are largely dodging questions about the substance of William Taylor's testimony, which rocked the GOP argument that President Donald Trump did not engage in a quid pro quo with the Ukrainian government.

While GOP senators aren't defending the president's alleged behavior, many are throwing out a litany of complaints about House Democrats' procedural handling of the impeachment inquiry and demanding to see more documents and the full transcript of the deposition.
But Thune also conceded that the first round of details could be damaging after Taylor testified that Trump refused to release military aid or hold a White House meeting with the Ukrainian president unless he probed Trump's political opponents.
"It was just a request. There was no quid pro quo. There was no quid pro quo. There was no quid pro quo. There was no quid pro quo. OK, so maybe there was quid pro quo, but I'm salty because I didn't get the full transcript yet. OK, so maybe I did, but I haven't read it, so there!"

Although:

Just call everyone a NeverTrumper and say they are lying. Surely everyone will believe you, the consummate liar, rather than all of those distinguished long-term government employees.

OK, so maybe your base will, but they don't listen to the real reality, only the reality that they are told. The other, larger, part of the populace might not be so easily led about.

Back
Top Bottom