What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Politics Trump clenching to power

The idea that Trump is without precedent or some sort of "unique" evil is one of the more divorced-from-reality takes I've seen from galaxy-brain types over the past few years. I guess we can declare "accelerationism" dead for good now. Probably for the best, but the froth-mouthed screeching of political extremists/cultists is probably brain-damaging at this point.

The idea that Trump is without precedent or some sort of "unique" evil is one of the more divorced-from-reality takes I've seen from galaxy-brain types over the past few years. I guess we can declare "accelerationism" dead for good now. Probably for the best, but the froth-mouthed screeching of political extremists/cultists is probably brain-damaging at this point.

It's also the type of stuff that has lead to the rehabilitation of the likes of G.W.Bush. It's pretty damn insane. Welcoming the neo-cons into the ranks of liberals and Democrats is less so because the neo-cons are no strangers to loathing GOP politicians and while they might often be in favour of small government and Christian morality the part that makes them neo-cons is not exclusive to either party.

Any example ?

Well, roughly almost 1/3 of every president owned slaves, and I'm sure an even greater percentage were avowed white supremacists/racists.
That is not comparable though. They owned slaves yes, but in their time that wasn't seen as an evil things, just what life was. True hoover can be say to be evil, by the standard of its time.

That is not comparable though. They owned slaves yes, but in their time that wasn't seen as an evil things, just what life was. True hoover can be say to be evil, by the standard of its time.
Oh I'm not making excuses for Trump, he absolutely has no excuse for ignoring historical precedent. But the fact remains, Trump is stupid as hell and an epic failure of a human being but we have been through worse (and are kind of going through worse as I type this). There are more pressing issues/problems with this country than Trump.

President Trump said Thursday that he does not want to fund the U.S. Postal Service because Democrats are seeking to expand mail-in voting during the coronavirus pandemic, making explicit the reason he has declined to approve $25 billion in emergency funding for the cash-strapped agency.

"Now, they need that money in order to make the post office work, so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network's Maria Bartiromo. He added: "Now, if we don't make a deal, that means they don't get the money. That means they can't have universal mail-in voting, they just can't have it."
Trump has railed against mail-in balloting for months, and at a White House briefing Wednesday, he argued without evidence that USPS's enlarged role in the November election would perpetuate "one of the greatest frauds in history."

Well.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Postal Service is warning states coast to coast that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted, even if mailed by state deadlines, raising the possibility that millions of voters could be disenfranchised.

Voters and lawmakers in several states are also complaining that some curbside mail collection boxes are being removed.

Even as President Donald Trump rails against wide-scale voting by mail, the post office is bracing for an unprecedented number of mail-in ballots as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

ADVERTISEMENT

The warning letters sent to states raise the possibility that many Americans eligible for mail-in ballots this fall will not have them counted. But that is not the intent, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said in his own letter to Democratic congressional leaders.

Yeah, they aren't even putting any effort into pretending that they are innocent. As expected, Trumpy didn't get removed after impeachment, so he feels he can do anything illegal he wants. Republicans are shielding him, so he is actually right.

Oh, and because the US health care system is completely fucked, many people can only get their life-saving medications through the mail. Many of them are from what little remains of his base. He is going to kill (more) people to win. After all, what are they going to do, vote by mail against him?

97689604097[/MEDIA]

Kevin McCarthy
@GOPLeader

·
5h

Democrats have no shame. They are pushing conspiracy theories about the USPS to undermine faith in the election and distract from their own failures. Whether Americans choose to vote in-person or vote absentee, I have full confidence in the integrity of our electoral process

You just cant come up with this shit if you tried yet it is real.

"Catch the thief!" the thief yelled.

"If you want to vote Biden, please step in this unmarked van here, thank you. If you do not step in the van and vote Biden afterwards, that's fraud as you lied, therefore your vote is null."

Fun fact: there was a decree prohibiting the Republican party from doing anything remotely voter intimidationy because the GOP were totally trying to fix elections by meddling. That was in 1981, and lasted until 2018, when the courts decided that those Republicans had learned their lesson and the decree could be dropped without further voter intimidation ensuing.

The courts are full of morons. There is already plenty of evidence to restrict the GOP forever, because they will never learn that being criminals that fix elections is supposed to be a bad thing.

Fun fact: there was a decree prohibiting the Republican party from doing anything remotely voter intimidationy because the GOP were totally trying to fix elections by meddling. That was in 1981, and lasted until 2018, when the courts decided that those Republicans had learned their lesson and the decree could be dropped without further voter intimidation ensuing.

The courts are full of morons. There is already plenty of evidence to restrict the GOP forever, because they will never learn that being criminals that fix elections is supposed to be a bad thing.
Oh, I do remember that. The ultranationalists on SB were going 'Free, free at last.' in a pretty damning display of understanding of what it meant.

"If you want to vote Biden, please step in this unmarked van here, thank you. If you do not step in the van and vote Biden afterwards, that's fraud as you lied, therefore your vote is null."

Hmmmmmm armed racist thugs intimidating minoritys at the polls....where have I heard about that before

As the 2020 RNC approaches fast, I feel it necessary to remind everyone that its 2016 edition led to this screenshot taken back then on the CNN front page:

Capture.JPG

Be on the lookout for changelings, everypony!

Did anyone notice that Richard Spencer has endorsed Biden?

Let me guess. When white nationalists endorsed Trump, this was very important and frightening and said something about all Trump voters, so much so that we are still running with things like "racists terrorizing people at the polls." But when they endorse Biden, it's meaningless because they're a small number of lunatics.
Of course, it's even funnier when you forget to remind that Trump accepts these endorsements and qualify the torch-wielding "Jews will not replace us" chanting neonazis as good people, while Biden immediately tells Spencer to get fucked:

"When Joe Biden says we are in a battle for the soul of our nation against vile forces of hate who have come crawling out from under rocks, you are the epitome of what he means. What you stand for is absolutely repugnant. Your support is 10,000% percent unwelcome here," Andrew Bates, the director of rapid response for Biden's campaign, tweeted.

But, heh, that must have been overlooked by your legendary neutral and apoliti... sorry, I can't keep it without bursting in laughter. How about you go back under your bridge, explaining that Navalny probably asphyxiated himself by swallowing a peanut whole?

Did anyone notice that Richard Spencer has endorsed Biden?

Let me guess. When white nationalists endorsed Trump, this was very important and frightening and said something about all Trump voters, so much so that we are still running with things like "racists terrorizing minorities at the polls." But when they endorse Biden, it's meaningless because they're a small number of lunatics.
Its really telling that you go from "white nationalist endorses ______" straight to cybernetically fellating ya boi

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. armed forces will have no role in carrying out the election process or resolving a disputed vote, the top U.S. military officer has told Congress.

The comments from Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, underscore the extraordinary political environment in America, where the president has declared without evidence that the expected surge in mail-in ballots will make the vote "inaccurate and fraudulent," and has suggested he might not accept the election results if he loses. Milley's comments were released Friday.

Trump's repeated complaints questioning the election's validity have triggered unprecedented worries about the potential for chaos surrounding the election results. Some have speculated that the military might be called upon to get involved, either by Trump trying to use it to help his reelection prospects or as, Democratic challenger Joe Biden has suggested, to remove Trump from the White House if he refuses to accept defeat. The military has adamantly sought to tamp down that speculation and is zealously protective of its historically nonpartisan nature.

ADVERTISEMENT

A first I believe

A first I believe
The thing right now is that they're covering the bases by essentially doing a 'no comment'. If they do comment, it's a lose-lose situation for them. If they say no, then the Dems will clean house and install pro-Dem officers into the military. If they say yes, then Trump will put his cronies in a heartbeat.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

That you very conviniently left out the part tha Bidden told said neo nazi to fuck off while Trump is fellating the QAnon crowd at the same time.

Claiming ignorance is all sorts of pathetic tbh.

Wtf happened to you Alcibiades?

I mean I remember you among many riding the euphoria train at the libs freaking out over Trump's victory in 16 but the vast majority of those sobered up pretty fast.

You on the other hand seem to be living in another reality. You a QAnon true believer or something?

Back
Top Bottom