What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSMC Refuses To Disclose Clients' Data to the U.S. Govt, Taiwan to Back it Up

Paulo Brito

Author
TSMC factories in Taywan are the biggest, most advanced, chip manufacturing ones in the world. By a wide margin.
This is the first move of the US to try to control them because the US ones are at least 2 generations behind.

TSMC factories in Taywan are the biggest, most advanced, chip manufacturing ones in the world. By a wide margin.
This is the first move of the US to try to control them because the US ones are at least 2 generations behind.
Exactly.
After sanctioning Netherlands for their sells of EUV lithographic equipement. Given Chinese behauviour they most likely have knowledge and access to the TSMC internal knowledge by lack access to manufacturing tech yet. After their mass buyout of lithographic equipement the seem to be gearing for creating seperate paralell tech strain.
Given how USA is running around pushing everyone over, it may end in the future with basically all former victims of US economic and politicall bullying banding together and just turning their back at them.

Having read the article and some of the questions ... I can imagine they don't want to tell the US that stuff.

Who are your top customers for every product?
How much do they buy?
How and when do you plan to expand?
How is your expansion best hindered?

If they want to stop the chip shortage the way is simple.

Ban cryptos and cryptomining farms.

There.

Problem solved.

All the rest of that crap?

Clearly a moved aimed at the gigantic Chinese electronics industries.

They want a clear picture of who supplies what to China, so they can start bullying and threatening companies one by one like they did with the European companies working on various Russian projects.

If they want to stop the chip shortage the way is simple.

Ban cryptos and cryptomining farms.

There.

Problem solved.

All the rest of that crap?

Clearly a moved aimed at the gigantic Chinese electronics industries.

They want a clear picture of who supplies what to China, so they can start bullying and threatening companies one by one like they did with the European companies working on various Russian projects.
Not gonna happen since Wall Street has moved in and started up its derivative pyramid scheme machine.

Chinese have taken up against cryptocurriencies apparently. On the other hand I am not that surprised, becouse actually cryptocurrencies are breaking up state monopoly in creating and making money.
The Chinese want to issue their own state backed digital currency. Can't have domestic competitors to that.

It's hard to see how e-CNY would be a competitor with bitcoin and the like. They're kind of directly opposite of each other in terms of payment ability and asset investment.

However, there is an energy crisis in China with rolling blackouts in several regions. I'm sure crypto-mining having the electricity draw of a small country is something they really don't need right now. Or ever.

It's hard to see how e-CNY would be a competitor with bitcoin and the like. They're kind of directly opposite of each other in terms of payment ability and asset investment.

However, there is an energy crisis in China with rolling blackouts in several regions. I'm sure crypto-mining having the electricity draw of a small country is something they really don't need right now. Or ever.
I think that's the point. The goal of the Central bank is to encourage the circulation of the issued currency. Bitcoin undermines that. It also affects taxation because Bitcoin is not as easily tracked.

I think that's the point. The goal of the Central bank is to encourage the circulation of the issued currency. Bitcoin undermines that. It also affects taxation because Bitcoin is not as easily tracked.
Point, but in that sense it's crypto is in competition with the regular finance/investment sector altogether, rather than e-CNY specifically.

The Chinese want to issue their own state backed digital currency. Can't have domestic competitors to that.

Which is good actually, becouse otherwise you have private people and non-state organisations de facto making their own money. Creation of money used to be a sole prerogative of the state per se. the same for the monopoly on using organised violence.
And we all know to what can lead loss of state's monopoly on anything, money creation especially.

Back
Top Bottom