What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turkey’s Currency Crisis Escalates After Central Bank Again Cuts Rates

Even with this he isn't gonna be removed anytime soon, he is like another Putin at this point.
Well... Putin would probably win 70-75% of a presidential vote were to be hypothetically held soon (based on recent Levada polls), whereas current Turkish politics seems like a rough 40/40/20 split for Erdogan/CHP/the rest. Their respective political stabilities are not comparable.

Well... Putin would probably win 70-75% of a presidential vote were to be hypothetically held soon (based on recent Levada polls), whereas current Turkish politics seems like a rough 40/40/20 split for Erdogan/CHP/the rest. Their respective political stabilities are not comparable.
Also Putin's economic policy and its results are the opposite of what we see in Turkey.

I am talking about the level of entrenchment, not comparing the two economically.
Ah, I understand. I wonder, what is Erdogan's appeal to the voters in Turkey?

Further stock market losses with them temporarily suspending trading while the Lira loses further value against the Dollar and the Euro which in turn leadin fears that Turkish companies over the next year may start defaulting on debts denominated in foreign currencies.

As much as I loathe Erdo and his neo nazi pets Turkey collapsing would NOT be a good thing

Nazi's ?

Also Turkey collapsing is not a bad thing. Unless you're Turkish. From EU point of view. It means EU can apply some pressure on Turkey again which frankly has been a very bothersome player lately.

Nazi's ?

Also Turkey collapsing is not a bad thing. Unless you're Turkish. From EU point of view. It means EU can apply some pressure on Turkey again which frankly has been a very bothersome player lately.

His government cooperation party are the local nazis, Grey Wolves.

Bug fuck nuts the lot of them

Grey wolves are more ultranationalist than Islamist which many people think Erdorgan is.

Hence why I call em Nazis.

If the average Turkish politician jerks off at the idea of The Motherland Growing Larger, the Grey Wolves got a whole rape dungeon with maps of the Ottoman Empire at full extend and dreaming dreams of the Mongol Empire of old.

They also think that everything related to Turk should belong to them, like the ancient Gokturk so many Central Asian countries need to watch their back.

I think its pathetic the way a lot of Western media is portraying Turkey as hopelessly dependent on NATO/US and will run back with arms wide open in an about face and that its "only a matter of time" or "inevitable" when the U.S. and its hegemon is collapsing in on itself just as much as Turkey is economically
Like, no. This is the world we live in now. The U.S. and its satellite states picked Turkey's allies for it. Traditional alliances and blocs a la the Cold War are obsolete.

Back
Top Bottom