What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.S. murder rate

Scottty

American here for the middle of Ohio farm country

Sounds nice.
I was just wondering... when a group of posters from countries all over the world start debating your country's problems... do we sound to you as if we know what we're talking about?

Rabe

I identfy as a 9000 series intelligences
Sounds nice.
I was just wondering... when a group of posters from countries all over the world start debating your country's problems... do we sound to you as if we know what we're talking about?
you all sound like a lot of people I've met, its all too common and if I had a nickel for every time I found a SA fail son dog whistling "inner city" crime statistic shit I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it is damn odd

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
Nope.
For your information, if loads of Mexican would-be immigrants started arriving here, it would be the "djambok wielding black men" (your words) who would do violence to them, not me.

Yeah, because you whities down in SA is whipped good now. Hence why you look to USA as the country where natural law is still followed (aka, Whites rulee, everyone not white drool!) Seriously man, not interested in your bigotry. Go peddle your shit in the Sietch.

Scottty

you all sound like a lot of people I've met, its all too common and if I had a nickel for every time I found a SA fail son dog whistling "inner city" crime statistic shit I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it is damn odd

No, you'd have one nickel, if that. Because you and others are misreading me, perhaps on purpose.

Let me make my actual position clear: huge cities are not a good thing, and you would have crime problems there whatever race of people were living under those conditions. For example, historically London had bad problems long before they ever had non-whites there.

"Inner city" being taken as meaning "black people" is very much an American thing.

Rabe

I identfy as a 9000 series intelligences
No, you'd have one nickel, if that. Because you and others are misreading me, perhaps on purpose.

Let me make my actual position clear: huge cities are not a good thing, and you would have crime problems there whatever race of people were living under those conditions. For example, historically London had bad problems long before they ever had non-whites there.

"Inner city" being taken as meaning "black people" is very much an American thing.
still got 2 nickels, as you have it ass backwards, Cities are great the problem is they've been robbed blind by people who want to maintain their colonial holdings and legacy power by moving camp to the suburbs an eminently short sighted and stupid thing that is killing the country's standard of living

Scottty

still got 2 nickels, as you have it ass backwards, Cities are great the problem is they've been robbed blind by people who want to maintain their colonial holdings and legacy power by moving camp to the suburbs an eminently short sighted and stupid thing that is killing the country's standard of living

I'm not sure I understand you.

There are good reasons to prefer living in the suburbs that have nothing to do with.. colonial legacy whatever.
Could you unpack this a bit? How does moving to the suburbs maintain their legacy power?

Mr Wumbo

So basically during the Uvalde shooting the cops did nothing to stop the shooters. Oh yeah, they engaged in firefight with the shooter for a time but retreated because it looks the shooter wears armor (turns out it's just an empty plate carrier), where they then just waits outside letting the kids gets slaughtered while the parents literally watch.

Rufus Shinra

So basically during the Uvalde shooting the cops did nothing to stop the shooters. Oh yeah, they engaged in firefight with the shooter for a time but retreated because it looks the shooter wears armor (turns out it's just an empty plate carrier), where they then just waits outside letting the kids gets slaughtered while the parents literally watch.
Serve and protect themselves. Compare to actual police forces elsewhere who actually go into the fray to save lives...

Scottty

Serve and protect themselves. Compare to actual police forces elsewhere who actually go into the fray to save lives...

Police being the ones who run towards danger because they're there to put themselves between it and innocent civilians is what should be the expected norm.

Rufus Shinra

In hindsight, I should have.

EDIT: the government is in fact the least trusted institution in the United States. What kind of dumbass trusts his government?
Someone who lives in an actual democracy where the cops aren't murdering the population daily in between being hilariously corrupt. AKA the developed world, by contrast to the US or Russia.

When you live in a country where the police literally waits 45 minutes while a single shooter murders children, you don't trust your government. You have more reason to trust it if you live in a country where the first responders go instantly in the Bataclan against suicide bombers and successfully stop the slaughter phase of the attack. This, my boy, is one of the differences between you and me: I am not living in a country led by incompetent cowards.

Last edited:

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
Someone who lives in an actual democracy where the cops aren't murdering the population daily in between being hilariously corrupt. AKA the developed world, by contrast to the US or Russia.

When you live in a country where the police literally waits 45 minutes while a single shooter murders children, you don't trust your government. You have more reason to trust it if you live in a country where the first responders go instantly in the Bataclan against suicide bombers and successfully stop the slaughter phase of the attack. This, my boy, is one of the differences between you and me: I am not living in a country led by incompetent cowards.

It's America. Took them Border Patrol's special squads that usually goes against cartel sicarios to take down a single guy.

Ravan

Gone
Yep, their uniformed cowards literally blocked and hit fathers who rushed to the school and wanted to get in to save their kids. Fucked-up country.
Oh it’s even worse than that. Word out now is that the cops did go in, to get their own children out and left the rest. Cops also apparently lied about the shooter being armored. Probably inspired by the grocery store shooter who WAS armored and would have been stopped by a brave (now dead) security guard if he wasn’t.

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
What the fuck? Just fire the whole department and hire some MPs. So gun requalifications and they'd be probably good to go.

Alcibiades

Having seen that curiously specific denial, I think I now believe that at least some of the slain children were in fact shot by Law Enforcement officials.
Anyone else feel the same way?

Or it is possible that they were. I wouldn't be surprised -- people miss and hit bystanders. You will need an investigation. (which shouldn't be that hard, assuming that the police and shooter were using different ammo).

This shouldn't be in a thread ostensibly about the U.S. murder rate, though. Mass shootings are their own very weird thing, not really part of the same set as domestic murder and gang violence.

Rufus Shinra

This shouldn't be in a thread ostensibly about the U.S. murder rate, though. Mass shootings are their own very weird thing, not really part of the same set as domestic murder and gang violence.
Just the result of corruption, obsession for guns and the idolization of both violence and pseudo-masculine values. Those items, characteristics of underdevelopped countries such as the US, Russia or Brazil, lead to massive amount of avoidable deaths through idiotic violence, be it in organized crime (Brazilian gangs), unorganized crime (US mass murder madness) or unorganized crime controlled by organized crime (Russian military).

Top Bottom