What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uncharted (movie)

Lerticus

Senile Old Coot
☭ Communism ☭

I'm going to say this will bomb. Bad creative choice in how the song was used (instead of a stinger it was constant, seems designed to conceal the audio quality of the movie score, etc.), and while the acting didn't look bad per se the dialogue is forced. Kind of like how someone who doesn't understand comedy starts writing lines that are supposed to be funny, fails, and then just doubles down and pokes you in the ribs going, "Get it? Get it? Funny, yeah?" (some from SB will recognize how I demonstrated this in the early Fant4stic movie trailer as a manipulation to get people to see the movie as being better than it actually was [I was right]).

So, not knowing anything about the game, I think this looks like another stinker of a video game movie that is hoping to bank on the franchise name to sell a generic movie. I guess we will see.

At best it seems it will be another Tomb Raider, the Vikander one, where they take some things from the games but overall are a much more boring and bland expierence.

Holland is just way too young for the role, and Wahlberg couldn't even bother to put on a moustache or a shirt because he refuses to admit he's 50 years old which was pretty bad in the recent flop Infinite where he was supposed to play a character half his age.

Last edited:
At best it seems it will be another Tomb Raider, the Vikander one, where they take some things from the games but overall are a much more boring and bland expierence.

Holland is just way too young for the role, and Wahlberg couldn't even bother to put on a moustache or a shirt because he refuses to admit he's 50 years old which was pretty bad in the recent flop Infinite where he was supposed to play a character half his age.

Wahlberg does not look like a 50.

And Tomb Raider, at least first film was good.

Looks a bit better. Still lacking in the line delivery in some parts, and I suspect that comes from including dialogue from the games which doesn't quite translate as well into a live action format. That, and Wahlberg is kind of bad at some forms of acting where he interacts with a lot of people poorly. Some people he has great chemistry with, so he comes off as being authentic, but this looks forced.

Looks a bit better. Still lacking in the line delivery in some parts, and I suspect that comes from including dialogue from the games which doesn't quite translate as well into a live action format. That, and Wahlberg is kind of bad at some forms of acting where he interacts with a lot of people poorly. Some people he has great chemistry with, so he comes off as being authentic, but this looks forced.

Like most of your most recent adventure films.
Indiana Jones to the best of our current capability actually.

Standard popcorn movie, really can't say anything more.

It sure fucking looks like it if going by the trailer.

I heard it sucked lmao

Back
Top Bottom