What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USS Walker + Nantucket + Grantville = ?

Warringer

Goto Wogon for Hard SciFi
Author
I just had that strange idea of an ISOT that involves Destroyermen, 1632 and the original ISOT...

Lets say that ROB and Edgar the Alien Space Bat decide to have some fun and at the same time that USS Walker, USS Mahan and IJNS Amagi get transported into the world of Mii-anaka and Grik, Grantville gets ISOTed in about thirty kilometers north west of Baalkpan, while Nantucket replaces Tarakan Island.

Grantville and Natucket managing to contact each other via (likely digital) radio early on, due to their close proximitry in their timeframe (late 90s to early 2001), should be a given, as is Nantucket discovering Baalkpan as they fly that seaplane over to Grantville, followed by dispatching USCGS Eagle to the place, as well as a couple of rednecks making contact on their own (through Father Mazzare and Naga).

Since I guess that Walker is unlikely to be able to pick up the digital radio signals from the uptime places, they are likely to meet up with Salisa and then proceed to rescue them and they only notice the situation when they enter Baalkpan Bay and see Eagle as well as some pickup trucks and rednecks at the pier.

And the reactions to Eagle being commanded by a black woman...

Or the inevitable meeting between Dennis Silva, Harry Lefferts and William Walker... I bet Dennis and Harry are likely end up as best buddies, to potentially include Larry later on.

Or see the reaction of Courtney Bradford when he has to deal with ten year olds that know more about dinosaurs than him....

Back
Top Bottom