What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warcraft: Horde Quest

[X] Build a Dock

[X] Barracks

[X] Medical Lodges

[X] Northern Durotar Lumber Camp

[X] Southern Flank

[X] Theramore Ambassador

[X] Build a Dock

[X] Orgrimmar Guard

[X] Medical Lodges

[X] Northern Durotar Lumber Camp

[X] Horde High Command

[X] Theramore Ambassador

Last edited:
Harvesting lumber to continue construction is our key goal. That way we can afford to fortify our southern border. Building a medical lodge to heal our warriors, a barracks to lodge them are key military goals, as must we must set our house in order before we expand elsewhere. We shall also build a docks so that we can engage in trade with the outside world, earning both financial wealth and future allies.
While that's all well and good, perhaps we could find make some modifications to the plan. I think we may need to have the Orgrimmar Guard set up in case some other force decides to attack the city other than from the south. Additionally, I think we should change one of the choices to Horde High Command, as the addition of one extra action is simply to valuable to not grasp right now.

Closing the vote at 5 PM US pacific time.

Vote closed. The following options win.

[] Build a Dock

[] Barracks

[] Medical Lodges

[] Northern Durotar Lumber Camp

[] Southern Flank

[] Theramore Ambassador

While that's all well and good, perhaps we could find make some modifications to the plan. I think we may need to have the Orgrimmar Guard set up in case some other force decides to attack the city other than from the south. Additionally, I think we should change one of the choices to Horde High Command, as the addition of one extra action is simply to valuable to not grasp right now.

While it's to late to change stuff now, you are right on the Horde High Command. I thought it meant a single action next turn making it pay for itself once, rather than grant new actions. I now plan to vote for it ASAP.

The reason I didn't pick the Ogrimmar Guard is because it is an option allowing us to defend while attacking, which I felt to not nesscary right now and was somewhat redundant with the Medicine Lodge (to heal wounded warriors who would join the city guard) and the Barracks (to house our warriors stationed in Orgrimmar). The Oggrimar guard is good for future offence and training new warriors, not short term defence which I was prioritising.

And of course due to WOW being a think, "An elite force" of heroes is probably extremely useful longterm, but doesn't provide any short term defensive utility so I put it off.

Turn 2 results
[X]Build a dock: The fishing village has been built and some of your people have settled there, providing food for the capital. The next step is to build a small dock which will allow you to build ships of a smaller variety. One of the first steps to rebuilding the Horde navy.
Reward: Small Dock. Time: 1 Turn

A small dock has been added to your new fishing village and you will be able to construct fishing boats to increase the amount of fish that can be harvested. Though the docks will have to be expanded if you wish to turn this sleepy little fishing into a busy port city.

Result: Small dock built. Can now build small fishing boats.

[X]Barracks: Your warriors need proper lodgings and it would allow you to quickly muster your troops. Select a valley and have the peons begin construction of a few barracks to house your warriors.
Time: 1 Turn. Reward: Troops housed and able to train new orcish grunts in the future.

Your warriors are now housed and reduced the number of people living in tents. Your troops stationed in the capital will muster and respond to threats much quicker than before.

Result: Orgrimmar barracks built. Can train Orcish grunts.

[X]Medical lodges: Bringing Durotar under Horde control will require more than a few battles. Your warriors have already had to fight a short campaign to get you to the entrance of your new home. Some were wounded and some have died. It would be advisable to set up places of healing for your warriors.
Reward: Medicalodges built. Warriors based in Durotar healed at a faster rate. Time: 1 Turn

Several medical lodges are now operational within your capital and many wounded warriors can now be overseen by orchish and troll healers. Warriors whose injuries and wounds are moderate instead of severe will be able to re-join their fellows on the battlefield much sooner.

Result: Medical lodges built. Most wounded warriors will rejoin the Horde army much faster than usual.

[X]Northern Durotar Lumber camp: The lumber you harvested in the Barrens and night elven lands will only last so long. It would be a good idea to get a new source of lumber. Luckily there are some trees scattered from here to the shores where your fleet made landfall on Durotar. Not large quantities, but it will be enough for now.
Reward: Lumber camp built. New source of lumber. Time: 1 Turn

With your current supply of lumber diminishing as your capital grows replenishing said stockpile of lumber has become necessary. As a result several lumber operations have popped up across the Horde part of Northern Durotar. This will likely cover your needs for time being till you can access the remainder of Durotar small forests and far off sources like the Warsong camps in eastern Ashenvale.

Result: Lumber camps built and harvesting operations commence.

[X]Southern Flank: It is too early to mount a Southern Campaign. Though you can help secure the capital by establishing fortifications and defenses at the entrance of the canyon south of your city. If you do this in conjunction with the Offensive pan, your capital will be secured from any immediate threats and fend off any attacks by the southern tribes.
Reward: Attacks via the southern route can be repulsed. Time: 1 Turn

Defenses, fortifications, and an outpost were erected at the mouth of the southern route blocking any attempts by the locals at launching an offensive against you. The troops stationed there will give you breathing space to secure Northern Durotar, as well alert you if any major army attempts to attack your southern outpost. You will have time to prepare defense for your capital or launch a counter attack.

Result: Southern fortifications built and your southern flank secured.

[X]Theramore Ambassador: It seems Jaina has rallied her survivors to establish a nation on an island off the coast of Kalimdor. If you send an ambassador there you can build relations with the fledgling colony, and if the Alliance in the Eastern Kingdoms survives, perhaps good relations with Theamore can earn your people a few years of peace. Hopefully more. You will also send a member of the Frostwolves as part of this diplomatic envoy, as among the clans they have had the least amount of conflict with the Alliance.

Reward: Diplomatic relations established with Theramore.

Seeking to keep strengthen ties built by the victory at Mt. Hyjal alongside the Alliance, you dispatched Rokhstrom via a goblin ship to be the Horde ambassador to Theramore. You let Jaina know ahead of time about your selection and she admitted that she did not expect you to send an ambassador so soon. She also confesses that it would take time for her to pick an ambassador to send to Orgrimmar. Understandably, finding someone who doesn't have grudge or hatred of the orcs is a difficult task. In the meantime, she promises that Rokhstrom will receive a warm welcome and that no harm will come to her.

Result: Horde Ambassador Rokhstrom now stationed at Theramore

Back
Top Bottom