What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome back, Fleet Command: Homeworld 3 IS HERE!!! Let's pray it won't end up as an EPIC exclusive...

Durabys

A Cheshire Exile

In two days it finished its Fig Backing. WOW!

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2019%2F08%2F21%2Fe4ffddca-41d8-455d-a0ac-404762078158

Homeworld has always been about scale. Following a squad of tiny interceptors, to large capital ship battles, all the way to massive dreadnaughts dwarfing your fleet.

Homeworld returns with the next chapter of the story. Homeworld 3 is the true sequel to the legendary space-faring RTS. Blackbird Interactive, founded by original Homeworld Art Director Rob Cunningham takes the helm on development, returning the series to its roots with a gripping continuation of the story, fully 3D combat, and the classic RTS elements you expect. Further supported by the veterans of Homeworld Remastered Collection at Gearbox Publishing, Homeworld 3 is coming to life and the teams couldn't be more ecstatic. With our partners at Fig, we can give fans both new and grizzled a chance to fuel and profit from Homeworld 3's success.

...more on the site...

WARNING! Do not back it! It may end up as an EPIC exclusive!

Its Fig backing was at 1 dollar because they don't need the advance cash, the project is already well underway. It's more a question of gauging the interest and such. As for what platform it'll be on, I sent my money directly to the devs, that's all that matters: I paid for it and whatever happens, I won't get it on Epic. When it gets released, I'll probably start yet another decade of modding and programming on it, simple as that.

Last edited:
I haven't tried Homeworld per say, but rather Deserts of Kharak, which was a cracking game.

Any differences between this prequel and the originals?

I haven't tried Homeworld per say, but rather Deserts of Kharak, which was a cracking game.

Well, the originals are fully 3D and set in space, but retain much of the same mechanics... Your fighters are used in the same manner as the LAVs, your corvettes are similar to the AFVs, so on and so forth with the aircraft and cruise/swarm missile being absent.

Oh yeah! I hope they pick the right pseudo religious/historical epic tone this time. Homeworld is basically the Exodus. HW2 could have been the Anabasis but they unfortunately they decided to shift mid gear and go with Revelations.

HW:Cataclysm is the Space Anabasis done right.

Given that most of their playerbase is likely going to be on GOG and Steam, having it go Epic Exclusive would be stupid.
Oh yeah! I hope they pick the right pseudo religious/historical epic tone this time. Homeworld is basically the Exodus. HW2 could have been the Anabasis but they unfortunately they decided to shift mid gear and go with Revelations.

HW:Cataclysm is the Space Anabasis done right.
The problem is that the original concept wasn't... all that good either from what I've heard about it.

Homeworld is an excellent 3D RTS series, probably the best there is, and one of the selling points is the vast quantity of mods available for total conversions into other scifi franchises. Here, just take a look at what modders made on an early 2000s game, before it was remastered:

Now, keep in mind the modding community is still strong and imagine why people are excited for the new game.

Given that most of their playerbase is likely going to be on GOG and Steam, having it go Epic Exclusive would be stupid.

The problem is that the original concept wasn't... all that good either from what I've heard about it.

I mean, that didn't stop Randy from taking bribe money from Epic and move to the EGS, even though borderlands is deeply tied to steam.

I mean, that didn't stop Randy from taking bribe money from Epic and move to the EGS, even though borderlands is deeply tied to steam.
Problem is that it would cause a clusterfuck of epic proportions if they tried to do it with HW3.

Problem is that it would cause a clusterfuck of epic proportions if they tried to do it with HW3.

Of this I am more than positive. The internet's made clear that they do not like at all EGS, for one reason or another. And Ooblets (where the reveal of going epic exclusive has become downright toxic) is but a textbook case of what happens when a mob too big is even marginally angered, much to the misfortune of poor fellas.

Of this I am more than positive. The internet's made clear that they do not like at all EGS, for one reason or another. And Ooblets (where the reveal of going epic exclusive has become downright toxic) is but a textbook case of what happens when a mob too big is even marginally angered, much to the misfortune of poor fellas.
Given that Borderlands 3 is having massive backlash as of late...

Given that Borderlands 3 is having massive backlash as of late...

Well, I think that is best left for the specific borderlands shitshow thread:

We may be derailing this already.

The gameplay trailer is up.

From what I have seen:
Idk if they ditch the squadron system for individual unit again for Homeworld 3 for the smaller craft (given the UI shows individual numbers of unit selected and individual health for each unit) (0:10)
The build queue seems to suggest so (0:54)
Instead of marine frigate, it looks like the salvage corvette returning this time (1:21)

All I can say it's beautiful.

Whut. Interceptors taking down Frigates?

That would still take a long-ass time. Frigates still need Bombers or at least Light Corvettes.

Back
Top Bottom