What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your most controversial or unpopular opinions?

Sailorpizza

so i'm wondering what's your be unpopular opinions of fandoms, shows, games, series and so on in daily life.

don't be afraid to say them.

1. I don't like Worm.

2. Both Yugoslavia was a mistake.

3. Auferstanden aus Ruinen is superior to Deutschlandlied.

4. TLJ sucks. TFA is pretty good, though.

5. All SI stories are same and blend.

Dune sucked. Period. Book. Movie. All of it.

Game of Thrones is trash, more to the point, so is the entire "gritty realism in fantasy/scifi" movement. It needs to die in a fire. It isn't realistic. At all. Being a giant prick and always taking the evil option isn't pragmatic, it gets you killed. In a real medieval setting, nobles who behaved like the ones in those books/show would be ducking arrows every time they stepped outside. For fuck's sake even in real life tax collectors had to wear a board under their clothes and armor because of how many arrows were shot at their backs. Large scale uprisings would be an almost yearly occurrence.

I think we need to go back to having video games brutally punish players for trying to take the evil option for a while. Like full on Dragonquest I style "join me. *joins badguy* "idiot" *evil protag is stabbed in the back, game over*. I'm sick of people whining that the evil option isn't as rewarded or the evil choices come across as stupid. (Especially in Star Wars where evil explicitly makes you stupid)

Last edited:
I think Iran is the better option in the proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia

I liked Mass Effect Andromeda and thought it was a good addition to the series.
I agree in the sense that "more content is always better" because I can give me inspiration for better ideas that I might one day someday put to pen.

I disagree in that a lot of it just doesn't make sense or it was poorly utilized. I just wish it had a Reaper-tier civilization or it tried to explain its Great FIlter that would have prevented one.

'Modern feminism' is good. Wait, why she say that? Obviously... feminist just wanna chew up all men, rite? Wrong. Feminism not about crushing nobody. It's about love for girls and women and helping them survive, at least to me. There are side hustles like equality under The Law, same rates of pay for work, untangling sexuality from... things... and spreading messages of hope and positivity to girls. A big thing tho is that it's about helping make life better for us girls, not about dominating men or making them 'inferior to women.' Just loving girls so they can learn to love themselves and other peoples?

And this 'opinion' sooo unpopular that girls who say it get violently force out of public spaces. Wonder why?

I liked Mass Effect Andromeda and thought it was a good addition to the series.
While I think some of the Kett's Actions were kinda stupid, I also think the game was ok

We are working with assumptions that are no longer viable in the context of modern technology. Assumptions that have been long assumed to be true are now false in the grand scheme of things. Privacy is no longer viable due to a mixture of digital camera technology getting close to 'smart dust' grade and the fact that we're getting close to biotech hitting rock bottom in terms of expertise and resources required (given how many ideas are effectively 'if [insert ethic group here] is killed off, then utopia happens' or settling ethnic grudges or even 'humanity must be humbled/exterminated by nature'). Freedom of Speech is basically having a giant neon sign saying 'subvert me because I let any idea be argued with' while Freedom of Information is basically begging people to flood the information networks with the information equivalent of static and manipulate things that way...

I think the Nazis and Soviets had snazzy uniforms.

I think the Nazis and Soviets had snazzy uniforms.
The Nazis had snazzy uniforms because that's tradition for Prussia/Germany. The Soviets are... practical for a nation-state that didn't really have the industrial revolution until the early 20th century.

had snazzy uniforms.
fucking gross. U don't see how this is controversial or unpopular? this is fucking awful and gross, idolizing murderers' uniforms should be ban from public places. reporting.

We are working with assumptions that are no longer viable in the context of modern technology. Assumptions that have been long assumed to be true are now false in the grand scheme of things. Privacy is no longer viable due to a mixture of digital camera technology getting close to 'smart dust' grade and the fact that we're getting close to biotech hitting rock bottom in terms of expertise and resources required (given how many ideas are effectively 'if [insert ethic group here] is killed off, then utopia happens' or settling ethnic grudges or even 'humanity must be humbled/exterminated by nature'). Freedom of Speech is basically having a giant neon sign saying 'subvert me because I let any idea be argued with' while Freedom of Information is basically begging people to flood the information networks with the information equivalent of static and manipulate things that way...
Nobody is working under this assumption, why you say that? Why is this opinion all about how ppls 'manipulate' other ppls and some racist 'joke' about killing ethnic groups? Wow, these 'opinions' are super fucking gross she can see why they unpopular.

Nobody is working under this assumption, why you say that? Why is this opinion all about how ppls 'manipulate' other ppls and some racist 'joke' about killing ethnic groups? Wow, these 'opinions' are super fucking gross she can see why they unpopular.
We've hit the limits of human cognition in terms of how much information we can process at once over a decade ago, this the free flow of information being a tool to manipulate the masses, as Russia's extensive Active Measures program has proven in the 2016 election. Freedom of Speech has always been a licence to subvert democracy as Freedom of Speech has all speech effectively equal. Privacy... well, do I need to say more?

fucking gross. U don't see how this is controversial or unpopular? this is fucking awful and gross, idolizing murderers' uniforms should be ban from public places. reporting.

Seriously?

Just because somebody thinks the uniforms look shiny doesn't mean they agree with Nazism or mass murderer

Like I'm sure plenty of women and gay men think Charles Manson was attractive but that doesn't mean they' ok with what he did.

Aaron Fox said:
We've hit the limits of human cognition in terms of how much information we can process at once over a decade ago, this the free flow of information being a tool to manipulate the masses, as Russia's extensive Active Measures program has proven in the 2016 election. Freedom of Speech has always been a licence to subvert democracy as Freedom of Speech has all speech effectively equal. Privacy... well, do I need to say more?
Yes, she supposes all this information can be confuses. Didn't know Russia had a thingy going on haha. Yes, guess she can see it, kinda like how here 'they tolerate' nazi lovers like that guy up thread?

Privacy... not sure, if U wanna?

Seriously?

Just because somebody thinks the uniforms look shiny doesn't mean they agree with Nazism or mass murderer

Like I'm sure plenty of women and gay men think Charles Manson was attractive but that doesn't mean they' ok with what he did.
Believing a murderer who forced girls 2 kill is attractive hints they may believe and agree with their ideas. Just 'cause they don't say it don't mean she gonna give them endless slack for signaling they find murderers, or parts of murderers beautiful. U not convincing.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Communist artificial intelligences and felines suspiciously capable of human language, I have a confession to make.

I like pineapple on Pizza

Ladies and Gentlemen, Communist artificial intelligences and felines suspiciously capable of human language, I have a confession to make.

It's actually the only Pizza I can actually eat. That with bacon.

Just to point out SS uniforms were designed by Karl Diebitsch (artist) and Walter Heck (graphic designer), and Nazi uniforms were manufactured by Hugo Boss (fashion house).

It doesn't really seem unusual to think the uniforms looked good considering this. I have to agree the Nazis did have some nice uniforms, but appreciating something aesthetically or liking something for its artistic merits doesn't mean you support the opinions or ideals of the people who made and used it.

Just as another example, H.P. Lovecraft was a xenophobic racist, but that doesn't mean his works aren't good or that liking them is bad. The man is one of the greatest horror writers in history and the father of the genre of cosmic/eldritch horror.
Believing a murderer who forced girls 2 kill is attractive hints they may believe and agree with their ideas. Just 'cause they don't say it don't mean she gonna give them endless slack for signaling they find murderers, or parts of murderers beautiful. U not convincing.
Charles Manson and killers like Ted Bundy were known for being handsome and charismatic, even Ted Bundy's victims found him attractive. Of course people would find them appealing to look at. If they were hideously ugly it's doubtful they would have talked people into doing things so much.

Last edited:
H

pcvss.jpg

I have to agree the Nazis did have some nice uniforms, but appreciating something aesthetically or liking something for its artistic merits doesn't mean you support the opinions or ideals of the people who made and used it.
how? and how we know peoples here only like those uniforms for artistic aesthetics?

Just as another example, H.P. Lovecraft was a xenophobic racist, but that doesn't mean his works weren't good or that liking them is bad. The man is one of the greatest horror writers in history and the father of the genre of cosmic/eldritch horror.
his books suck. like, demons that appear and kill U just by looking at U is stupid. his books can burn with all the other racist trashes.

Charles Manson and killers like Ted Bundy were known for being handsome and charismatic, even Ted Bundy's victims found him attractive. Of course people would find them appealing to look at. If they were hideously ugly it's doubtful they would have talked people into doing things so much.
like, sure, ppls find tons of ppls attractive. when U go and support them in public tho U kinda asking for criticism. and if U can't handle it don't post racist or murder loving memes in public, please, please, please. meow!

• Haha
Reactions: EiC
Back
Top Bottom