What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst US President?

I didn't say we shouldn't pay attention to something. See my edit.

They are temporary detention centers, which is to say jails. Technically they are concentration camps (as all prisons and jails are), but not how that word is used in the vernacular.

Woodrow Wilson did far worse shit (as well as work to usher in a time when the federal government conspired to poison it's own citizens aka prohibiton*) including the cultural destruction of a immigrant community (ever wondered why there are so many German names in America but not much German culture? Thank wilson)

The reason why trump gets so much ire is that he had "usurped" what should have been the coronation of Hillary Clinton.

*the war on drugs was chump change compared to this.

Woodrow Wilson did far worse shit (as well as work to usher in a time when the federal government conspired to poison it's own citizens aka prohibiton*) including the cultural destruction of a immigrant community (ever wondered why there are so many German names in America but not much German culture? Thank wilson)

The reason why trump gets so much ire is that he had "usurped" what should have been the coronation of Hillary Clinton.

*the war on drugs was chump change compared to this.

Yeah. People should compare Trump's xenophobic comments with this guy.
(President Nixon): All of the Jewish families are close, but there's this strange malignancy now that seems to creep among them. I don't know, the radicalism. I can imagine how the fact that Ellsberg is in this must really tear a fellow like Henry to pieces, or Garment, you know. Just like the Rosenbergs and all that. That just has to kill him. And you feel horrible about it.

(Ronald Ziegler): Couldn't be a guy by name of Snyder.

(President Nixon): There ain't none.

(H.R. Haldeman): It would've been a Rosenstein that changed his name.

(Ronald Ziegler): It is. Right. It's always an Ellsberg or (unclear).

(President Nixon): They're all Jews. Every one's a Jew. Gelb's a Jew. Halperin's a Jew. But there are bad- Hiss was not a Jew. So that proves something. Very interesting thing. So few of those who engage in espionage are Negroes. Very lucky that way. And good. As a matter of fact, very few of them become Communists. If they do, they either, like, they get into Angela Davis, they're more of an activist type, and they throw bombs and this and that. But the Negroes, have you ever noticed? There are damn few Negro spies.

(H.R. Haldeman): They're not intellectual enough. Not smart enough.

(President Nixon): It may be.

(H.R. Haldeman): They're not smart enough to be spies, they're not intellectual enough-

(President Nixon): The Jews are born spies. You notice how many of them are? They're just in it up to their necks.

(H.R. Haldeman): Well, got a basic devious abil- deviousness, that-

(President Nixon): Well, also, an arrogance, an arrogance that says- that's what makes a spy. He puts himself above the law. Other than spies for the pay. I'm talking about the spies that do it because of idealism.

*Hisses with hatred the intensity of a thousand suns.* Wilson.

What he did to the German American community of the time was unconscionable and the fact that we got involved in the blood letting of that war, instead of letting the war mongering Europeans sort it out amongst themselves, was idiotic.

That decision cost tens of thousands of good American boys their lives for nothing more than Wilson's delusions of grandeur and his desire to play destined savior of Europe.

Not to even mention his one man crusade to hold back the civil rights of African Americans.

Comparatively, Trump right now is small potatoes. Call me back when he gets us involved in an utterly pointless war like Wilson or W.

*Hisses with hatred the intensity of a thousand suns.* Wilson.

What he did to the German American community of the time was unconscionable and the fact that we got involved in the blood letting of that war, instead of letting the war mongering Europeans sort it out amongst themselves, was idiotic.

That decision cost tens of thousands of good American boys their lives for nothing more than Wilson's delusions of grandeur and his desire to play destined savior of Europe.

Not to even mention his one man crusade to hold back the civil rights of African Americans.

Comparatively, Trump right now is small potatoes. Call me back when he gets us involved in an utterly pointless war like Wilson or W.
I believe/predict Trump will be ranked closer to the bottom, but not as low as W. It will still be years before we have any accurate, unbiased/nonpartisan rating however.

Back
Top Bottom