What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you join the Umbrella corporation? Resident evil?

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
C

Celene

Would you? you have skills they really want. Include it and any derivatives, companies under other names and successors

Fucking hell no. If I did join them, There is a likely 99% chance that I'll die horribly in some failed experiment gone utterly and horribly wrong.

How's the pay and benefits package?

remember. They REALLY want you. This makes you valued to them. both outside and inside of their company.

Until I become some sort of mutant and purged by a guy who punches boulders.
maybe you are making the mutants. Maybe they will steal you. maybe your area might be OVERCOME with the mutants. Which is the more safer. inside. or out.

As someone who would join the Galactic Empire for a Star Destroyer, the Principality of Zeon for a Gouf or Gelgoog I have to pass on Umbrella. They're just stupidly evil and a corporation to top it off. I mean, I'd prefer to be colony dropped myself or choked by Vader for failing rather than munched by zombies, mutated into a monster or worse.

Seriously though, the biotech sector and military procurement just isn't that lucrative compared to the consumer electronics sector. Umbrella is rich enough to build multiple underground bases all over the world, and for all their grossly unethical experiments they're still not as unscrupulously profitable as Apple. The t-Virus was supposed to be their big moneymaker.

Johnson and Johnson rakes in 76 billion. Lockheed-Martin, 51 billion. Samsung is the closest to a real-life (movie) Umbrella, and they routinely post around $300 billion income per yer, and sold off its defense business to Hanwha for mere 2 billion.

All combined in the Iraq war, the war gains for many companies were just around 410 billion.

Given a choice why would I want to deal with their small time gains when I could be working with a larger company making something more innocuous and more profitable? If I'm a highly in demand geneticist, the challenge of working with the t-virus would be the only draw, and most scientists would be willing to take somewhat of a pay cut in the promise of glory.

Of course, not being in Umbrella means if I survive I'd become hugely much more valuable as a person who might make the anti-t-virus.

Last edited:
Actually, yes, because depending on where you stand in the timeline either
A) you wouldn't know what is Umbrella really doing
or
B) it's already too late as whole world went to hell and any surviving group will do

Well it depends. I know little about the RE Series so forgive me for my lack of knowledge. All I know is that they're an evil corporation responsible for bioweapon-related atrocities.

If I was someone in-universe who knew little of what went on behind the scenes, I would probably join. However, if I had knowledge about their atrocities, I most certainly would not.

No thanks. Too incompetent for my taste, with a bad track record of top researchers and/or executives being virii fodder.

In this universe where Umbrella exists and I have the skills to be employed by them, do I know they're evil? Because if so, no, because then Imma gonna die and I know it.

If I don't know they're evil, of course I sign up.

Back
Top Bottom