What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You and your clones Vs. 1 (one) Lion

Mr Wumbo

Author
You're dropped into 50x50 m arena and tasked to fight a male African lion to the death in the following scenarios:
  • You and your 9 copies (so 10 in total) wearing the clothes you usually wakes up with armed with 1.6m wooden sticks.
  • You and 4 of you but now armed with 1.6m bamboo spears.
  • You and the bare minimum of you armed with whatever object of your choosing within a 1m radius.
Furthermore:
  • If the lion kills you all, how many waves of you (same number in the respective scenario) is needed to kill the lion?
  • If you can kill the lion, how many waves of single lions before you're all killed?

Scenario #1 is surprisingly survivable for me, if it's fudged a little to allow me to have part of my EDC, which I have, on occasion, fell asleep with in my pockets.

In Scenario #1, assuming a lot of luck on my part, as many as four instances of myself might survive, as ten people with knives and quarter staves is kind of survivable.
The key to this is to assume that collectively, there's enough adrenaline going through our systems that a few manage to distract the lion with the sticks, while the others rush in to make enough shallow stab wounds to slow it down through bleed out.

Scenario #2 is a possible low casualty event, as spears are ridiculously good at this exact task, and there's far less of a TPK chance for anyone rushing in to try to get knife stabs.

Scenario #1's biggest issue is that it would put me in a near maximally disadvantaged position, as the only damaging weapon available would put us in the lions preferred range.
With spears and sticks, as scenierio #2 no one would have to get close, so possibly less that half of us would get mauled, though a phirric victory remains the most likely end.

I have a peper spray can
  • You and the bare minimum of you armed with whatever object of your choosing within a 1m radius.
lol

My computer is in my Kitchen because I get to smoke in that room.
So 1m from me is a bread cutting board a fork and a tablespoon.
All the knives are a little further away.
I get eaten.
  • If the lion kills you all, how many waves of you (same number in the respective scenario) is needed to kill the lion?
I guess the lion kills 3 waves of me, then decides to run away at some point. So the Lion wins.

well my clone and I are bother trained soldiers so the first two scenarios mustafa ending up as a rug! thats how the Masai traditionally hunt lions mob handed with spears!

final probably ending up lion nuggets

Unless I have some weaponry, but even then... its a fucking lion bruv
And if its a female we're all doubly-fucked

Scenario 1: We group up and harass the lion using our numbers and making noise while throwing our hands up to look very big to make the lion run away from us. We continue to harass the lion, making noises and jabbing at it with sticks until it's tired and then we stab it to death,

Scenario 2: Same but now with spears.

Scenario 3: We shoot the lion.

I would Unironically fight a Lion IRL if there wasn't a chance of the rest of the pride swarming me. Or a Zoo keeper tranq darting me and the Lion.
As for the actual question: So long as there's at least three of me, even with bare fists, that lion's getting run over by 370-ish kilos of Ooga Booga.
depending on the amount of rest we get, between 3 or 5 lions before we get mauled.
If it was a Tiger though, I ain't even trying.

Edit: Just realised people overestimate Lions, those big cats get their teeth kicked it by something about a third of their weight. The Honey Badger. So three adult humans can easily beat the crap out of a Lion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom